User Tag List

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Li Gen will lose in the first round of every match he plays... unless he gets a partner who can cover for himself...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Li Gen will lose in the first round of every match he plays... unless he gets a partner who can cover for himself...
    Maybe his father will play Li Gen/Fu Haifeng and Li Gen/Yu Yang in MD and XD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been a long day. Most of the matches were quite one-sided. The best one was between Lee Sheng Mu/Chien Yu Chin and Liu Xiaolong/ Cheng Shu. Liu couldn't carry the load when it mattered and tailed off towards the end. Chien's defence was magnificent.

Met up with azn_popcorn and his friend. Nice fellas. They're going to join us for our badminton session tomorrow morning.

Pics will be coming after I sort them out. I took way too many. But a few teasers...
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

what kinda acoustics does one get from that roof?

yes. that's a hint that we are expecting more interesting photos... cuties, or not...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok..madbad, need a small request: If you by any chance happen to meet Kanako again, and since she can converse in English, can you ask her about certain Japanese players being sponsored by Wilson (whether rackets only or strings only or both). She may or may not know the details or reason but appreciate for you in asking...thanks!
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-21-2011 at 02:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

and while you are at it. tell her one of the Japan cheering team from US Open says hi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes, there's no way I can hang with you pros from California. You guys took amazing pics at the US Open. [bows]

The young Japanese MD pair, Takeshi Kamura/Sho Zeniyawere certainly tested the acoustics of the arena. They were quite enthusiastic and... well... loud with their celebrations. Even though Smith/Warfe silenced them momentarily, they would not be denied and came roaring back to take G3 and the match. And everyone there heard it. Acoustic enough?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ok..madbad, need a small favor. If you by any chance happen to meet Kanako again, and since she can converse in English, can you ask her about certain Japanese players being sponsored by Wilson (whether rackets only or strings only or both). She may or may not know the details or reason but appreciate for you in asking...thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    and while you are at it. tell her one of the Japan cheering team from US Open says hi.
    Good, gives me an excuse to talk to her again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    C'mon. don't be too pessimist. He can win if he face players from Africa continent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More and more pics please.. We'll be patient I expect some nice ambulance cuties from you, madbad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    It's been a long day. Most of the matches were quite one-sided. The best one was between Lee Sheng Mu/Chien Yu Chin and Liu Xiaolong/ Cheng Shu. Liu couldn't carry the load when it mattered and tailed off towards the end. Chien's defence was magnificent.

Met up with azn_popcorn and his friend. Nice fellas. They're going to join us for our badminton session tomorrow morning.

Pics will be coming after I sort them out. I took way too many. But a few teasers...
    LOL, why does Minatsu look so downcast? You would have thought both of them had lost their matches!
    More cookies, please. Thanks a lot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, gives me an excuse to talk to her again.
    Thank you for the nice pictures, madbad. Keep up the good work on photos and commentary.
    But here's something to consider whilst you attempt to feed the BC cutie demand:
    http://www.cba.org/bc/public_media/criminal/206.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw Madbad and his buddy, Gary yesterday. Very kind and hospitable ppl. I went to a nearby restaurant and saw Mitani Minatsu eating with the Thai team including Sapsiree whom she just beat hehe. I was right beside HJE and YCC giggling and talking to each other in what appears as lots and lots of hand language haha. All in all, the Canadian Open is really great if your interested in conversing with the players or taking pics with the players since everything is so close .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no! But Nozomi is meeting Ayane . It's like chopping the left hand to feed the right. But I guess some cannibalisation is to be expected when all 7 players progress into the round of 16. Minatsu should be able to beat Pi Hongyan, who has just recovered from surgery. Hope Eriko's sparring partner can give the Taiwanese a good fight, after emphatically beating Tse Ying Suet, who is no slouch herself

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phil-mm View Post
    Oh no! But Nozomi is meeting Ayane . It's like chopping the left hand to feed the right. But I guess some cannibalisation is to be expected when all 7 players progress into the round of 16. Minatsu should be able to beat Pi Hongyan, who has just recovered from surgery. Hope Eriko's sparring partner can give the Taiwanese a good fight, after emphatically beating Tse Ying Suet, who is no slouch herself
    phil-mm, does "mm" stand for Mitani Minatsu or Miki (Ando) Mao (Asada)?

Nozomi v Ayane should be a good match. Cookie Monster always looks so serious while Nozomi is a serial smiler. Nozomi covers the court so effortlessly despite her small stature so Ayane better watch out. Minatsu played well to neutralize Sapsiree, forcing the Thai girl into unforced errors. Pi Hongyan is there for the taking although she struggles more against power players rather than rally ones. This could be a long match.

I don't think Sayaka Takahashi stands much of a chance against CSC. I think Kaori Imabeppu has a great chance to advance against Anu Nieminen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Once again, the live streaming link, courtesy of the great guys at Badminton Life!
    http://www.badmintonlife.com/2011/yo...1-live-stream/

And once again, when I log in to the live stream , there's the guy with the red shirt, black shorts, black brace on right knee, white tape on left knee. I could swear, he's stalking me!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

phil-mm, does "mm" stand for Mitani Minatsu or Miki (Ando) Mao (Asada)?

Nozomi v Ayane should be a good match. Cookie Monster always looks so serious while Nozomi is a serial smiler. Nozomi covers the court so effortlessly despite her small stature so Ayane better watch out. Minatsu played well to neutralize Sapsiree, forcing the Thai girl into unforced errors. Pi Hongyan is there for the taking although she struggles more against power players rather than rally ones. This could be a long match.

I don't think Sayaka Takahashi stands much of a chance against CSC. I think Kaori Imabeppu has a great chance to advance against Anu Nieminen.
    Ha ha, Miki Ando, Mao Asada and her sister Mai are MAs. MMs can stand for Misaki Matsutomo, Minatsu Mitani, Misaki Morizono and Misaki Mukotani. The last two are excellent sportsmen too, but I'm too lazy to do a write-up on them now.

The name Cookie Monster is not meant to be derogatory, in case there are others who think so. I meant it as a compliment, as it is a highly desirable feature to many, with Sharon Stone being among those who are rather well endowed. I have second thoughts about Ayane being so eyebrowy, but nevertheless she is still very cute. Yes, Ayane looks very serious, especially during her matches. She had shown no lack of enthusiasm in her match against Tine, doing two sweeps in attempts to retrieve lost causes. Had I tried that stunt, my foot would probably have caught the ground, and I would have torn my knee ligaments. I wish that she will be more careful in future to avoid risking an injury.

Nozomi has so much time on her side to improve. So unless she stagnates, I think she can go really far. I wonder if she can already beat Ayane. Kanako seems to think very highly of her, though I can't really understand her blog, despite using 3 different online translators.

I like Minatsu for her strokes, and her power, though she seems to struggle with the physical side, and quite often tanks in the rubbers. But this is an aspect that can be quite easily rectified. She has done well to win against Sapsiree, who last year had beaten all the other contenders for the YOG title. Pi Hongyan definitely won't be a hundred percent, so soon out of surgery, so I think Minatsu won't have much of a problem.

The Sayaka of the past would not have stood any chance against the in-form CSC, but I suspect she has taken a leap in her level of play. There are only a matter of hours to find out how she fares against her opponent.

Clearly, Kaori is going to win. The gulf is just too big.

I didn't know that you're from this beautiful country. I REALLY regret missing out on the once-in-a-lifetime experience last February. Didn't want to pay those inflated prices. I'm surprised to see the 2 girls looking down. Perhaps a short walk on the Seawall will cheer them up .

And thanks again for more photos .

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast