Starting Off! Future Upgrades?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Shoutsu, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Shoutsu

Shoutsu Regular Member

I was looking into the Eagnus Challenger I as previously suggested in the Sticky section of this forum, and the ST 200/250 for Crank Lockout. I decided a Constant Pull would be good since my stringer uses an ECP machine, so I went for a Drop Weight. However, as I was going to order the Eagnus, I read about the "Infamous" Victor Chu and their bad customer service... I was even led to a YouTube video filming Victor himself being mad at the customer!

So I decided not to go for an Eagnus... So I checked out Klippermate as suggested in the sticky as well... and after watching various YouTube videos on how to string a racquet, I noticed that a lot of people had Klippers, so I decided to go for one! My Klipper M140 is on the way right now, much to my excitement, but as I'm on it... I was also reading up on the forum and noticed about the WISE2086.

I doubt a WISE2086 would fit on a Klipper, but I couldn't help but ask....... Not to mention that Klipper is a two-point machine.

Also, a final question... I know different racquets have different stringing patterns, where do you usually find these when you're stringing other peoples racquets? I know that Klippermate USA has a pretty good one put up for the famous brands like Yonex and all... But what happens when someone brings in some random Chinese Brand??

2. Sentinel604

Sentinel604 Regular Member

I fix stuff
    I don't think you can fit the wise 2086 on your Klipper

1st because there is no rail for it to sit on

2nd because the wise machine is quite heavy (prob more than the Klipper) so it may tip over

These are my guesses only

I just followed yonex stringing patterns for no name rackets

No complains so far (knock on wood):D

3. Shoutsu

Shoutsu Regular Member

Haha that should work I guess. I haven't really understood too much about stringing patterns yet... But I believe I understand the NS9900's by figuring out how my stringer did it by looking at my two racquets and looking at the stringing over at http://www.klipperusa.com/stringing/viewpattern.php?mfg=BYON

But I noticed some of them are a bit different so I was curious which one you know to use?

4. Udonming

Udonming Regular Member

Make sure you tension the 9900 within 14-18lbs.

5. Shoutsu

Shoutsu Regular Member

You mean KG? Actually that'd be too high too... Lol the site DOES say 14-18. weird stuff.

6. Udonming

Udonming Regular Member

You don't know American well, when they started the industrial revolution in the 50/60 they wanted the whole world to change to metric system. After a few year Europe and a lot of other part of the world did manage to change, but due to the stubborn automotive union, nowadays our lovely U.S. people still use lbs, miles& gallons........

7. Shoutsu

Shoutsu Regular Member

No I don't mean it that way... 14-18 pounds is too low tension. I have a NS9900, and it says 19-24 lbs. I play at 22lbs tension... And I'm considered low as most of the people I know play at 25-28 lbs tension.

Unless... Since I'm completely new to stringing, perhaps 14-18 lbs, is not the string tension but something else?