Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me know how it goes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smashdude2008 View Post
    EG1130 is the worst among the 3 you tested???
    I don't believe it. Do you have a bad batch or something?
    If a birdies does not even last, how it can has good flight consistency???

Our group play a lot of shuttles, and believe me, EG1130 is by far the best bang for buck!
    I find it surprising too.
    the vast majority of advanced players here swear by EG1130.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately didn't get around to trying the Black's again, even though I had them in my bag I just ended up using the RSL's the entire time. Will do a proper comparison on Tues which when I should be playing next. (Long session.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by urameatball View Post
    I find it surprising too.
    the vast majority of advanced players here swear by EG1130.
    I don't. The flight characteristics are a little different from AS50. Further the EG has a tendency to slow down noticeably after the first few shots. This can be interpreted as lack of flight stability. However, many also loved that after that initial slow down, the EG maintains its flight for much longer than any other shuttles (I have tested).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so I played with the Aeroplane Blacks some more today. Perhaps my first batch was bad, or perhaps I was too harsh on them initially. I will re-grade again once I get some 77 speed Blacks. But my initial findings do still largely stand. The durability on the Blacks is easily the best of the 3 shuttles tested. The shuttles soldier on even after being ruffled and damaged, and actually take pretty obvious mishits to even mis-align. Flight and Flight Consistency is where it gets more complicated.

I can confirm that what others have said is true, after a few hits the speed drops considerably on these, but after that initial drop in momentum, flight consistency is very good and on the whole it will hold performance steadily even when battered.

That makes rating the Black's difficult. Since it essentially has two flight consistency drops, one almost immediately, and one later on. I'm tempted to not mark it down for the first initial drop in speed (since flight consistency holds very well after this), however, I won't, as I still feel general use with this shuttle is too slow. It just doesn't fly quite as smooth, fast or direct as the other shuttles. It has a slight balletic feel about it. However, this might just be due to me having the wrong speed for the temperature.

I will re-grade all shuttles after further testing and after using the Aeroplane Black 77's as oppose to my current 78's.

I will say, I am warming to the Blacks again. They are durable, and if you can deal with that initial sudden drop in speed, they're consistent as well. However, I'm still not completely content with the actual flight on these. As mentioned, they're definitely the most durable of the 3 based on testing so far.
    Last edited by Naim.F.C; 04-26-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, another 3 hours with both today. Basically the same opinions as with my review of each first time. I think overall I still prefer the RSL's, but maybe too early to tell still. Durability is great on the Blacks (one lasted 3 games, sort of lol), but the speed is still a tad too slow for my liking. The RSL's feel more direct and potent, and flight consistency is also quicker whilst it lasts. Soon as a feather disappears on the RSL's though, they become wonky and unusable. Black's still fly reasonably even with a snapped feather or two, but still too slow for completely accurate play.

Guess I'll reserve judgment till I try the Aeroplane Black Speed 77 (as mentioned before), but just giving an update.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL Classic Tourney (50/78) is best for me (of all the ones I've tested, including C.N. Alpha, SnowPeak, Aeroplane...just to name a few). Although, someone has commented that RSL Classic Tourney is a bit soft, I beg to differ (probably they are referring to other RSLs...). It is about right, durable, maintains it's flight consistency throughout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not surprise on the test result. EG1130 has the best durability on three of them; however, the flight and consistency quality drops after few strong smash. The birdies will last longer but I can not stand it when I play fast game. We end up changing the birdies in the middle of the game. RSL is the best combination among the three of them.

The bottom line is price vs quality. I import birdies directly my brother's friend (DR.FLY owner) http://www.drflyshuttlecocks.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sepang View Post
    I am not surprise on the test result. EG1130 has the best durability on three of them; however, the flight and consistency quality drops after few strong smash. The birdies will last longer but I can not stand it when I play fast game. We end up changing the birdies in the middle of the game. RSL is the best combination among the three of them.

The bottom line is price vs quality. I import birdies directly my brother's friend (DR.FLY owner) http://www.drflyshuttlecocks.com/
    Never used Dr.FLY, however, if people are interested in RSL Classic or Aeroplane Black, just drop me a PM. Pretty sure I can offer the arrange the best deal out there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    Never used Dr.FLY, however, if people are interested in RSL Classic or Aeroplane Black, just drop me a PM. Pretty sure I can offer the arrange the best deal out there.
    I just might do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried both aeroplane black and RSL. I still prefer aeroplane black.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our group play a lot of shuttles, and believe me, EG1130 is by far the best bang for buck!
    I dont believe too, especially TS used 78 for EG 1130 and 77 for the other two. The 78 in itself is already a faster shuttlecock. I have used many brands and EG1130 is still the best price performance, in terms of durability, flight trajectory, performance consistency throughout the play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Author is comparing three of them from durability, flight, flight consistency prospective. Speed itself is not part of the evaluation.
    Best price performance is subject to what price you pay. I use DR.FLY DF99 which is much better than EG1130 in durability, flight, flight consistency. I get it directly from Manufacturer in volume and the price is similar to what I pay for EG1130 - $18 USD per tube.

Maybe we should start a topic on the price you pay for your shuttlecock. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Durability and flight consistency is two different things. EG1130 is still playable even though the flight consistency is changed. It is all goods for slower games. I am not surprise that many people will think EG1130 is the best for buck.

I use DF8 (3rd class in DR.FLY) to play with less skillful players who miss hit often (not matter how durability it is, miss hit kill the birdies fast)
    I use DF88 and DF99 (the best two class in DR.FLY) with skillful players who appreciate the accuracy of flight rotation, play fast and strong attack game. It is just like play AS30, 40 and 50. Each class provides different level of satisfaction. If you can not tell the difference, then you can save more money on buying AS30 or even lower class birdies.

When choosing a birdies, you consider at price, durability, flight rotation and flight consistency as well as your playing style and who you play with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tip: if you think your birdies are fragile, you can moist a tissue and squeeze it and then leave it inside the tube. It helps to boost your birdies durability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr.Fly DF88 is good?!!! unbelievable....as my team mate buy it...but quick easy broken..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have to steam it on DR.Fly birdies. I found it was fragile when I first received from cargo. I leave it in my room for couple weeks, it gets better. I moist the tissue and leave it there for 2-3 days before I use it. It will last even longer. I guess it is related to the manufactured process, the flight rotation is good but it is fragile if feather is dry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast