User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my group plays 2-3 hours, 3 times a week consistently. we are beginner/intermediate.

i usually play rsl classic tourney for regular games and they only last 2/3- 1 whole game.
    the aeroplane blacks i save for only my best opponents and they last 2 games minimum.

speed: black is slightly faster
    consistency: both are similar
    durability: i think everyone knows this one...

With both costing around 18-19us per tube, the aeroplane is better in my eyes and everyone that i play with. no one likes my rsl classics... when i take one out, they will look at it and kind of give me the "ok, this one again?" look.

Aeroplane i'd say is best to be in your bag and reserved for your best games with top players, and a cheaper, lower quality for 80% of your games. Also, in the past i've seen that steaming may increase durability but screws up the flight pattern.
    I'm going to try HiQua's team shuttles. $18 for a tube of 24!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can check out DNA orange - you can get it around $10 per tube with the right contact. It is ok birdies but flight is inconsistency within a tube. Low end birdies always have some bad birdies inside a tube. It is how manufacturer balance out the cost.

After steaming it, you have to leave it out for 1-2 days before you use. You can not use it right away. The simple way is to use moisten tissue (need to squeeze out all the water) and leave it inside.

From your stat, I think EG1130 is best for you. You care more about durability than other things else.

Both RSL and EG1130 only last 1/2 - 2/3 in my good intense smash game. Flight rotation and consistency are more essential to such game.

Good luck on HiQua. I used to purchase them (blue $20+/tube) but the quality has gone down in the past few years. I do not use them anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still disagree that flight consistency are the same with the Aeroplane Blacks and RSL Classic Tourney's. As others have also said, I find the Black's lose speed and consistency far too quickly. Just after a few shots or smashes to tell the truth. The RSL Classic flies truer, only downside is it's not as durable as the Black's, but then again, it's only marginally less durable where as flight consistency wise I think it's more than marginally better than the Blacks.

Also, tested several tubs of Yang Yang 99A. Stay away. Again, they're fairly durable but the flight is just so WRONG after using other high end shuttles. They literally have so much more air time than other shuttles I've used, they almost hover/float. I will NOT be buying these again. In-fact, as far as cheap shuttles go, the cheapest Artengo feathers from Decathalon (London) are much better.

The more shuttles I use, the more I realise, it's not all about durability. Majority of the time people just want a long lasting shuttle. I personally think flight accuracy is much more important to having a proper and fun game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might just be used to the RSL flight. Nothing in the rules mention about shuttle "air time". The rule book only talks about shuttle speed, and that's a different thing all together compared to "air time". I'll bet that "air time" of shuttles have changed a lot over the years. In fact, isn't it strange that Yang Yang shuttles are BWF approved shuttles? Please enlighten me if you know of a more 'scientific' way of test shuttle flight that from the mere experience of comparison with other high end shuttles.

Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    I still disagree that flight consistency are the same with the Aeroplane Blacks and RSL Classic Tourney's. As others have also said, I find the Black's lose speed and consistency far too quickly. Just after a few shots or smashes to tell the truth. The RSL Classic flies truer, only downside is it's not as durable as the Black's, but then again, it's only marginally less durable where as flight consistency wise I think it's more than marginally better than the Blacks.

Also, tested several tubs of Yang Yang 99A. Stay away. Again, they're fairly durable but the flight is just so WRONG after using other high end shuttles. They literally have so much more air time than other shuttles I've used, they almost hover/float. I will NOT be buying these again. In-fact, as far as cheap shuttles go, the cheapest Artengo feathers from Decathalon (London) are much better.

The more shuttles I use, the more I realise, it's not all about durability. Majority of the time people just want a long lasting shuttle. I personally think flight accuracy is much more important to having a proper and fun game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terencechan View Post
    You might just be used to the RSL flight. Nothing in the rules mention about shuttle "air time". The rule book only talks about shuttle speed, and that's a different thing all together compared to "air time". I'll bet that "air time" of shuttles have changed a lot over the years. In fact, isn't it strange that Yang Yang shuttles are BWF approved shuttles? Please enlighten me if you know of a more 'scientific' way of test shuttle flight that from the mere experience of comparison with other high end shuttles.
    At the end of the day, I set Yonex AS50 as the benchmark. My views on flight characteristics and consistency essentially stem from a direct comparison with AS50's. Sure, flight characteristics may have changed over the years, and there could be a more scientific way to test shuttles. But I don't have such means to hand so do the best I can which is experience and comparisons through personal use.

I tend to buy a few tubs of AS50 every now and again just to see how they fare against the other top tier shuttles. I'm certainly not "used" to AS50's, but every time I use them they feel pretty much spot on. Only negative is the incredibly high price, hence the fact that you can get such similar performance at a considerable saving from these other brands.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to update, I used a new batch of Aeroplane Blacks today, and my opinions are pretty much the same as when I first reviewed them on page one. However, I'd probably amend my scoring slightly. This new batch seemed a touch less durable than the one's I previously used.

---

Durability | Flight | Flight consistency

Aeroplane Black's (EG1130, 78)

7 | 8 | 5 (20/30)

Basically, my conclusion is the same. These are solid shuttles that fly very well and are relatively durable. They'll last at least a game, maybe stretch to two, but the issue is that as soon as they lose a feather or two, their flight consistency drops severely. They slow down considerably, and even though you can still play with them perfectly adequately, the speed will not be the same.

---

I'm going to be testing the new RSL No.1 Tourney's later in the week. Apparently RSL no longer do the RSL Classic Tourneys, and in the UK these are the only one's I can now get. The vendor claimed these are the new batch that have 30%+ more durability, but I didn't see anything on the box stating so. So I can't be sure if the claim is true.

In any case, I will update the thread with my thoughts after I've tested them.
    Last edited by Naim.F.C; 01-19-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not see Aeroplane eg 1130 as eg 1101 as BWF approved shuttlecocks. Are they still approved by BWF?
    This is the link to bwf approved shuttlecocks list.

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14913

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Youhe S100

Try Youhe S100.

Quote Originally Posted by ejunk1e View Post
    I do not see Aeroplane eg 1130 as eg 1101 as BWF approved shuttlecocks. Are they still approved by BWF?
    This is the link to bwf approved shuttlecocks list.

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14913

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by winex View Post
    Try Youhe S100.
    That is what I am using right now. Good alternative for eg1130 and cheaper.
    It is just some players in my club are still using eg1130. Some of them are so used to with it. They complain that s100 is a little heavy and faster.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3