User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sesshoukaze,
    Welcome. Do rope skipping daily and ab and back (basic)exercise daily, best alternating foot with each pass of the rope(if you able to do so) and fast feet drills everyday. when you do ramussen drills allow rest at least 2 days to recover if you begin the first 3 weeks.
    I'm planning to chart the exercises within these few days.

Quote Originally Posted by sesshoukaze View Post
    Thanks for the videos and advice. I just realized that I'm in serious need of working more on my footwork. I'm still a beginner, but starting to realize that it doesn't matter how decently I can hit the shots, it doesn't do any good if I can't get to the shuttle any time my opponent hits the shuttle more than like 3 feet away from me.

So planning to get into these exercises. For the rope skipping, should I be skipping, as in alternating the leg with each pass of the rope, or should I be jumping with both legs together? Which one is best?

And for the Rasmussen drill, should I be doing that everyday along with rope skipping, and do the quickness drills every other day? Do I leave any days during the week for rest?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sesshoukaze: I would recommend thinking carefully about overloading your schedule. Starting too quickly may cause injuries, which will set you back greatly. Feet together is the best way to start learning to skip, and then all the variations kick in. The Rasmussen drill should, once again, be done with great care. Don't overdo it! Start with once a week and see how that feels. Try doing it for longer when this becomes easy, and do it more times a week when you are proficient. As Rasmussen himself said: the point is doing it for a long time - not necessarily frequently.

The whole point of training is to break the muscles down, stretch thoroughly to restore the muscles to their correct length/increase their length (something a lot of players overlook after a hard training session), and then eat sensibly (lots of protein especially) to promote muscle repairs and hence muscle growth (as they are now "longer"). You must plan rests of the correct length - take into consideration what type of energy system (aerobic, anaerobic-alactic, anaerobic-lactic) you are making use of, and plan the correct length of rest accordingly. Doing something for a long time but at less than maximum capacity is something done frequently, but should be avoided in some circumstances depending on the focus of your training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said MSeeley.

Quote Originally Posted by MSeeley View Post
    sesshoukaze: I would recommend thinking carefully about overloading your schedule. Starting too quickly may cause injuries, which will set you back greatly. Feet together is the best way to start learning to skip, and then all the variations kick in. The Rasmussen drill should, once again, be done with great care. Don't overdo it! Start with once a week and see how that feels. Try doing it for longer when this becomes easy, and do it more times a week when you are proficient. As Rasmussen himself said: the point is doing it for a long time - not necessarily frequently.

The whole point of training is to break the muscles down, stretch thoroughly to restore the muscles to their correct length/increase their length (something a lot of players overlook after a hard training session), and then eat sensibly (lots of protein especially) to promote muscle repairs and hence muscle growth (as they are now "longer"). You must plan rests of the correct length - take into consideration what type of energy system (aerobic, anaerobic-alactic, anaerobic-lactic) you are making use of, and plan the correct length of rest accordingly. Doing something for a long time but at less than maximum capacity is something done frequently, but should be avoided in some circumstances depending on the focus of your training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as from what i see,it will help especially beginners people like me,
    as before reading this i'm only do squatting,lunge exercises,and jog for my fitness

tq bro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parek,

I'm sure you'll see dramatic improvement if you add rope skipping exer. daily. Specially your agility movement on court and react much much faster on court. this enable to change your footing direction in a split second. That's why all boxers taking skipping exer. very seriously. same apply to badminton sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Parek View Post
    as from what i see,it will help especially beginners people like me,
    as before reading this i'm only do squatting,lunge exercises,and jog for my fitness

tq bro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolTraderFx View Post
    Parek,

I'm sure you'll see dramatic improvement if you add rope skipping exer. daily. Specially your agility movement on court and react much much faster on court. this enable to change your footing direction in a split second. That's why all boxers taking skipping exer. very seriously. same apply to badminton sport.
    thanks bro..however do u have any tips for this skipping exer,as i'm a big guy,weight around 100+,but not so tall ,afraid it will cause me injury...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then you should do the abs exer daily and back exer as shown in the thread. u may do rope skipping 50 per set. do 4 sets for a start. Do squating and lunge exer only once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Parek View Post
    thanks bro..however do u have any tips for this skipping exer,as i'm a big guy,weight around 100+,but not so tall ,afraid it will cause me injury...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Footwork Conditioning

You can do this in your home too, fairy little space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Building Badminton Athletes In Gyms

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best badminton specific athlete building tips I have seen are from the recent Badminton Life Ultimate Badminton Athlete DVD Course. Check it out. It is phenomenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe so. MSeeley.
    Here we are sharing workout that's for free.

The best badminton specific athlete building tips I have seen are from the recent Badminton Life Ultimate Badminton Athlete DVD Course. Check it out. It is phenomenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Baminton Footwork Right Step and Wrong Step

Always remember practice the right footwork technique only
    Last edited by CoolTraderFx; 04-21-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Footwork Shadow Drill

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a great footwork video.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you can help on drafting on a program on all the exercises in a workout routine plan. everyone would be appreciate it and benefit from it. Still wouldn't have much time to sit on thinking and draft one yet. Thanks in advance

Thats a great footwork video.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im doing rope skipping just normal skipping. Man din think that it would be too tough. Or maybe my rope is too light for me , its like 15 years ago punya rope i dig it out to do some rope skipping lol . i got to do slowly cause if i do fast , i cannot continue skipping , sure stuck to my feet or something. Maybe its abit short too .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep it up avengers88
    Practice makes perfect. Once you get the rhythm, you'll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by avengers88 View Post
    Im doing rope skipping just normal skipping. Man din think that it would be too tough. Or maybe my rope is too light for me , its like 15 years ago punya rope i dig it out to do some rope skipping lol . i got to do slowly cause if i do fast , i cannot continue skipping , sure stuck to my feet or something. Maybe its abit short too .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast