55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

great stuff guys. thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow this seems promising! I'll try it. But first I have to get home and watch the videos though. Flash videos can't play on my iPhone.

I'll be sure to post my happenings of each week on this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. Looking forward to it. I'll be doing those exercises too. Well maybe not all it's too taxing, but definately will do more on the skipping rope part ! Definitely will strengthen ur legs ! Anyway this is done daily ? No rest for the legs to recover ?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anegers88 - as with ALL exercise, careful planning is the key.
    If you work your body too hard then you may injure yourself before your body has got a chance to get used to it.
    Resting is always a critical part of conditioning, so make sure you are well rested after each session. It is important that after the sessions you stretch PROPERLY to restore the length to the muscles that have been working so hard - maybe even stretch them so they are a little longer than before. This will break the muscle. Not that stretching properly with a diverse variety of useful stretches, could take upwards of 10 minutes - its not a quick sit on the floor, touch your toes, and go.
    The muscle gets stronger once it has been broken and then repairs itself. This reparation takes time - you need to rest (and eat protein to promote muscle growth).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets remember to get fit to play sport, not play sport to get fit, this way, we will enjoy the game more, and reduce the risk of injury.
    Improving your physical fitness side is straightforward; you need to improve your endurance by ideally a minimum of 30 minutes cardiovascular activity at the right level 3 times a week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ladder's drill

I guess this video could be helpful for those who are looking at alternate method to train footwork

Anyway, we all train hard in the hope that we can do the following at one point of our life:

On a more serious note. Is there a method out there to help you develop such explosive strength on your legs like LCW ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are all the basic work out routine for LCW been doing. He rope jumping 10k as warm up daily

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    I guess this video could be helpful for those who are looking at alternate method to train footwork

Anyway, we all train hard in the hope that we can do the following at one point of our life:

On a more serious note. Is there a method out there to help you develop such explosive strength on your legs like LCW ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone training hard?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im doing skipping almost everyday.. And sometimes a bit of footwork shadow ard my house when im free ..
    Leg strength definitely improved. And not only that, stamina definitely increase. But not enough cause on a bad day sometimes i cant handle 2 hours of singles, got tired like on the third or fourth set. But on good days I can play all 2 hours session. Very good. Get a skipping rope and start skipping, 100, 200 ,300, doesnt matter. Just do it and sweat, and then lay all the strength on court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great stuffs really. I am applying this to train my 13 year old son . I am trying to train my son to play badminton, and ask him to be patient with this basics training. Btw, do you guys have any good drills with video clips like this to train the grips? Or any tips to train the children for them not to feel bored with just only foot work and grip without hitting the shuttle?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My training currently consists of gym on Tuesday and Friday (maybe Sunday if I don't do badminton drills) to build up strength, doing weights but very slowly to increase load on muscles. This might not seem like ideal badminton training but I want a bit more muscle to increase stability on court. Specifically focussing on core and legs. It is helping a lot, no more feeling "weak" on court.

Then Monday and Thursday is badminton (coaching on Monday for 2 hours as part of a club and 1 hour playing) and Thursday is just playing. Sunday is badminton drills. Footwork, drives, rapid feeds etc.

It might not be much but I do have other things to do other than badminton at the moment, so I am trying to get the most out of the time I do have available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolTraderFx View Post
    anyone training hard?
    Been routinely doing rope skipping, core training and fast feet for a month or so(following most of the exercise found in this thread) twice every week for about an hour each day. Definitely improve a lot on physical strength and explosive strength. Split steps were faster and I was able to reach steep drop shots consistently which I weren't able to get to a month ago. Is incredible to notice how much pace I can inject in intercepting a flat shots these days without trying too 'hard'.

Diving and footwork recovery become smoother too(not recommend if you are playing on concrete) due to better core strength and stronger explosive muscle. Having said that, footwork pattern/timing(for single) and overall speed around the court did not improve as much as I expect them to be.
    Maybe I was doing it wrong...Any other suggestion to improve your footwork pattern/timing other than doing footwork shadow?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoolTraderFx View Post
    anyone training hard?
    I can't be bothered anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The optimum position for the back leg on the lunge is NOT with the whole foot on the side, it is with the big toe area in contact with the floor. The old fashioned whole of side of rear foot in contact with floor is both a cause of injuries and leads to poorer footwork. Yes, some players lumge in the oldfashioned way and dont get injuries, and some players don't have their lead foot straight and don't get injuried but they are the exception

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I can't be bothered anymore.
    Fallen in love, eh?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dlp View Post
    The optimum position for the back leg on the lunge is NOT with the whole foot on the side, it is with the big toe area in contact with the floor. The old fashioned whole of side of rear foot in contact with floor is both a cause of injuries and leads to poorer footwork. Yes, some players lumge in the oldfashioned way and dont get injuries, and some players don't have their lead foot straight and don't get injuried but they are the exception
    Hi dlp, Haven't seen you for a while. You referred about the old fashion lunge above, how old is this technique and when it changed/improved?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast