racket recommendation (already own a head, and prince racket)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by silverworm, Apr 16, 2011.

1. silverworm

silverworm New Member

hi all,

i write this with great hesitation since many would have asked for racket recommendations but i thought, heck! why not give it a try since any advise would be very much appreciated, and of course to help me save some cash and time from having to try a varied selection of rackets available in the market.

i'm more of a doubles player and on occasions in single games. i am not sure how you would qualify a beginner or intermediate, but let's just assume i'm in the middle, assuming i have improved since i started playing badminton 2 years ago. so anyway, i currently own two rackets, and these are my opinions on the rackets.

1. Prince, Black Pearl XP: light head, has good front court control and speed. smashes definitely aren't as quick, furthermore it cannot sustain a series of smashes nor strokes ie. speed of smash drops after 2nd smash at the back court.

2. Head, Nano Pro 909: slightly head heavy. as expected, smashes go down faster than the prince racket, but doesn't have the front court control, nor speed required in a doubles match. my most used racket. i compensate the lack of front court maneuverability of the racket with technique and stamina instead; which tires me out unnecessarily.

ok, what i essentially am looking for in a new racket is something that is fast at the near court and at defense, and at the same time balanced to slightly head heavy. essentially, it would a racket that thrives at the near court and at defense, but performs on the smashes also. price is of course a factor here and i am not willing to spend more than $150 SGD on a racket, but this is not the main factor since money can be earned back and not so a good game of badminton.

now that you've read this lengthy post, go on and offer your advise! it would be much appreciated! :D

2. silverworm

silverworm New Member

no one? definitely appreciate any advise.

3. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    yonex nanospeed4500....

4. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    because you post in wrong section
    if you post in here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/155-Racket-Recommendation-Comparison

many people might answer it straight away (no need to post a new one, moderator or admin will move this thread to the right place)

for racket recommendation, you want an even balance racket, something that compromise between defense and offensive power
    arcsaber mid range might be good for you
    they have arcsaber 002, 003, and 008
    I would go for arcsaber 008 though (there are 3 versions, the old one, Taufik Hidayat version and the new blue version)

5. kaiyuan

kaiyuan Regular Member

Student
    Ti-10 should be around 160 SGD. It swings fast and with good defense with decent smash power.