Racket right for me?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Energy, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Energy

Energy New Member

Student
    Hey everybody, I'm new on this forum and I was hoping to get your different and experienced opinions on my consideration of the nanospeed 9900, I am trying to figure out if it would suit me.

I play mixed, singles and doubles, doubles being my favourite which is what I wanted to get this racket for. The racket I'm using at the moment is an armourtec 50 which I enjoy for singles but I have also been playing doubles with it and though I have played well enough with it, I don't quite fancy it.

In doubles I'm happy playing at the back or front, at the back I am not particularly smash happy. I don't really think I'm really a power player I tend to drop to a similar degree as I smash from the back. My defence is pretty decent though I tend to try to drop smashes just over the net to get on the attack but I'm always thinking of varying my game throughout, trying not to play in an obvious pattern.

The reason I was thinking about the ns9900 was because in doubles I always feel like I'm lugging the armourtec around the place and I like the idea of having a lighter, perhaps more control-orientated racket. I usually get my racket strung to 24lbs.

I really appreciate any input. Thanks!