User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

both have pros and cons, i'm thinking to combine the two, to lower the dullness of 66U after 2 weeks of playing, and ng98 to increase holding tension, any1 tried this hybrid combination please advice.
    should I string NG98 vertical and 66UM horizontal or other way around? target tension is 25lbx27lb.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSLvictorSOTX View Post
    I have been using NBG 98 for a few months now and I liked it a lot. Recently, with lots of people claiming BG66 UM's playing properties...I kind of wonder what is the biggest variance in playability? Except for a slightly thinner gauge that is pretty obvious. Many thanks in advance.
    If playability is what you after then few strings from Yonex's offerings can beat BG66UM. The feel of a fresh BG66UM is simply superb and you will know it is not called "Ultimax" for nothing. Though rated medium feel by Yonex, it feels softer than NBG98 (which I believe is the reference for a medium feeling string). Touch and control for BG66UM is just excellent. An ideal tournament string I would say.

When compared to BG66UM, NBG98 has a dull feeling, typical of NBG95/98, though it gets better after the "break-in" period. IMO it performs better at higher tensions and is more suited for offensive players. More durable than BG66UM and keeps tension longer.

The BG66UM does come with several drawbacks. It is comes with a premium price tag but in your case NBG98 isn't cheap either. It is the thinnest Yonex string with a delicate outer coating which could be easily bruised/damaged so make sure you find a decent stringer. It drops tension fast and feel goes away overtime. So if you are sensitive to feel and tension drop then this string will be quite expensive to keep.

Just my two cents. Hope that helps

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dsmbooster View Post
    both have pros and cons, i'm thinking to combine the two, to lower the dullness of 66U after 2 weeks of playing, and ng98 to increase holding tension, any1 tried this hybrid combination please advice.
    should I string NG98 vertical and 66UM horizontal or other way around? target tension is 25lbx27lb.
    I happend to string with those two strings on one racquet, even with the same tension It was NBG98 for mains and BG66 UM for crosses. For me it is usually the mains that breaks so I choose a more durable string for the mains. Quite a repulsive stringbed, somewhere between "pure" BG66UM and NBG98. You may find it to your liking.

Cheers,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've 4 ZF2. 3 for my friends and 1 for me. Strung with BG66UM, NBG98, BG80 and BG85 blue. Looks awesome. But I can't find any BC members who used blue grips and strings so far? Anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a fan of both the NBG 98 and UM66....

NBG 98 - wonderful repulsion, and excellent control when strung > 25lbs. However, kinda expensive to restring it (especially the JP version - which has my fave red colour).

UM 66 - cheaper alternative, powerful and repulsive at the same time (more than NBG98). Control is not that good though, and there is the tension loss....

So, I will look at my wallet when I need to restring. Enough money? NBG98. Not much? UM66.

Oh yeah, there's the colours too to consider..... you can't match a blue colour string with an orange racket, can you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
    I am a fan of both the NBG 98 and UM66....

NBG 98 - wonderful repulsion, and excellent control when strung > 25lbs. However, kinda expensive to restring it (especially the JP version - which has my fave red colour).

UM 66 - cheaper alternative, powerful and repulsive at the same time (more than NBG98). Control is not that good though, and there is the tension loss....

So, I will look at my wallet when I need to restring. Enough money? NBG98. Not much? UM66.

Oh yeah, there's the colours too to consider..... you can't match a blue colour string with an orange racket, can you?
    I never realise until now that n98 has a red version!!! Gonna try it on one racket (the strings look pricey though.. ><)!!!!

Oh ya, I saw a metallic black for n98 on rakuten... +.+

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3