Badminton Store [Cheapest One]

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by trademark14, Apr 18, 2003.

1. trademark14

trademark14 Regular Member

Site: www.batmintonchain.com

They accept Paypal, and major credit Card. their site is secure with 128 bit SSL

I bought my Yonex MP-88 for $110 USD (dollar) Shipping is $16-19 so My total cost was $128 USD.

They're new store, I email them and ask a whole bunch of question. About Grip size and If they include string. They recently updated their website to include string option with racket.

Yonex

MP 100 - $110 USD only 2U G4 grip
    MP 88 - $110 USD
    MP 77 - $95 USD

Ti 10 - $105 USD only 2U G4 grip (that what they told me)
    Ti 8 - $90
    Ti 7 light and long(original version) - $90
    Ti- 6 $80

Ti - Swing Power $125
    MP 99 $160

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

what is the region code on your racquet? SP i presume? do you have any pictures of your racquet? Just a bit curious...

3. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

prices look good... though i wonder if they could be fakes? If they are a new store selling sp racquets, it's probably bough from overseas where fakes are plentiful. They might not be able to tell the difference between good fakes and real, and end up selling you a fake unintentionally. What would you do then?

4. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

yeah that would be very awful...that's why i wanna see how his racquet looks like.

5. trademark14

trademark14 Regular Member

Yea true. I think my mp-88 looks real enough, It said SP on the racquet. They are currently selling 3 racquet on eBay, thats how i found out about their site. They are new at eBay also, so no feeback yet, so i guess you we can wait for feeback to see what other says about the racquet.

6. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    These guys are located in Singapore so it would stand to reason that the racquets would be SP-designated.

7. swijaya0101

swijaya0101 Regular Member

Hi,

all the rackets are not fake ... i wont use SSL on my site if my rackets are fake ... because I have to submit all important documents (address, passport, IC) to the SSL company in order to get a authentic site certificate + 128 SSL.

I also advertise at overture (yahoo + msn + aol etc) they also require me to prove that all the stuff I sell is for real (including the invoices from where I bought the items)

The reason I got it cheap is because I purchase in bulk of 100 rackets ... and I dont profit much out of it.

and yes the rackets are all in SP.

8. swijaya0101

and the phone number listed is also for real ...

9. slacker4lyfe

slacker4lyfe Regular Member

Student
    just out of curiousity... y is the MP 99 $160 when the MP 100 is only $110?

10. swijaya0101

That's the actual price that my supplier given me ... and I believe anywhere in Singapore the price of MP99 is more expensive than 100.

11. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

If you read my post, I said that you might be selling fakes unintentionally; i wasn't accusing you of purposely selling fakes. If you are getting yours from the Yonex supplier than that should not be an issue. I presume we'll get a refund if we do get a fake or broken etc etc racquet right? Shipping overseas could be dangerous. BTW, no shipping information on your site! Info for Canada, UK, Hk, and Swden will be much appreciated by your shoppers :).

Btw, how would you even yahoo etc even know the racquets are real? Many BFers need help identifying real from fakes, and I doubt clerks at microsoft will be another better.

As for SSL: I've gotten two SSL certificates from my websites in the past without providing *any* information. Not even email. It was for my site but not under my name though... i got my host to do it for me so they only have my host's info. The privacy agreements prevent my host from disclosing my details unless compelled to by US law enforcement.

I hope you don't think i'm accusing you of selling fakes... I'm not. I myself would buy from you. (well, more likely to when you post shipping info for canada :p.) What I am saying is that people need to be careful when buying over the net, as there been many instances of fakes being sold to those not careful enough.

a couple more comment on your site:
    you only supply bg 65 or 66 string? I would seriously consider adding to the list, especially 68ti, 80, 85, and 88ti. You also need to mention what tensions you are willing to string them at. More shipping info would help make jittery shoppers feel more secure: how you will box it, how long it takes, what happens if racquet arrives broken, shipping fees, brokerage fees, etc. Remember, the more complete your site is, the more reputable it'll look.

Btw, i'm surprised so many people visit BF!

PPS, what is your relation with Trademark14? It's very very unusual for someone to sign up with BF to ONLY advertise a site. And to advertise that site on the day s/he signs up. I think that might even be against BF rules as well.

12. swijaya0101

>As for SSL: I've gotten two SSL certificates from my websites in the past without >providing *any* information. Not even email. It was for my site but not under my >name though... i got my host to do it for me so they only have my host's info. The >privacy agreements prevent my host from disclosing my details unless compelled to >by US law enforcement.

agreed if you only need an SSL, but for authentic site, you will have to fax them all your important documents.

if you mouse over on my SSL, it will display all information about me .... I believe your SSL wont have it.

>PPS, what is your relation with Trademark14? It's very very unusual for someone to >sign up with BF to ONLY advertise a site. And to advertise that site on the day s/he >signs up. I think that might even be against BF rules as well.

seriouslly ... i dont have any relation at all with him ... you could ask Kwun to check whether his IP is the same as me ... which I can assure you it wont happen .... Especially I know that vbulletin has a function to compare all users Ip address.

I did advertise before at BadmintonCentral and I was warned by him (maybe you can find on 2nd or 3rd page with title no commercial advertising) ... so I will not do it again ... otherwise I would be banned here.

as for the shipping, I leave those things to my vendor directly .... so I still need feedback from my customers as well ... but they are all insured ...

for the new shipping, they will all come with badmintonchain.com logo in the box (just finish the printing of all the boxes).

btw, thanks for your input ...

13. Tammy

Tammy Regular Member

eBay auctions

I just visited your auctions on eBay. May I ask why you make them Private Auctions (that is, ``bidders' identities protected'' or not shown). I can understand the purpose of private auctions for sensitive materials (adult movies) or high-priced items (luxury/collector's cars, houses). But badminton racquets? Hmm ...

14. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Err the site does not work? :)

15. swijaya0101

sure ... I will make it public by tomorrow night.

16. swijaya0101

yodum, it's due to a daily back-up.

how about this ... free MP77 if you could apply authentic site + SSL at InstantSSL without submitting your documents for commercial use ...

17. Phil

Phil Regular Member

Lawyer
  18. swijaya0101

ebay

Tammy,

I attached you my conversation with ebay live chat .... there is no way I could change it to public ... but next time i will surely do it public.

Attached Files:

19. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Thanks Phil.

Are the region codes SP? I'm really interested cept what I'm worried about is the shipping. What kind of courier do you use? UPS? FedEx etc.

Yodums

20. swijaya0101

can I PM you ? ... i dont want Kwun think that I do commercial advertising here.