Help me get quicker

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Kevin402can, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Kevin402can

Kevin402can Regular Member

So I just finished stringing a racket and it is taking too much time. I don't string a lot so practice will make me quicker but I need some tips. I will describe my stringing process and I am open to suggestions.
    Last night a playing partner broke a string. I said I could string it for him and so he put his racket in my bag. When I got home these are the stops I followed.

1) Look for racket in bag, it is gone. Run back to club and look for racket. Not there. (panic) Phone the guy and it turns out he took it home by accident. He is a young guy and he says he will give it my son at school tomorrow. Chat with the guy that runs the club and bit and then walk home. Total time 25 minutes.

2) Get home from work and ask my son if he has the racket. He left it in his locker at school so we have to go get it as the racket is needed for a tournament tomorrow. Son is just getting his licence and he wants to drive. Driving time is longer and scarier than if I was driving. Total time is now up to 50 minutes.

3) Cut string, mount racket. Make supper and eat supper as I string on the kitchen table and everybody wants to eat. One hour twenty minutes added for a total time so far, 2:10 ( give or take a bit ). Clean table and start stringing.

4) Actual stringing time about one hour for a total time of 3:10. I hope to get under three hours on a consistent basis.

Suggestions??
    kevin

2. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

do more practice ....

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    drive faster! ;) run faster! ;)

4. Kevin402can

Kevin402can Regular Member

I am getting more practice. The fellow that broke the string is a relatively new player, teenage male. His smashing strength has grown faster than his ability to hit the center of the stringbed. The string he broke that he me restring the racket was right at the top and one over from center. In his first game he broke his new strings, hitting top dead center. I restrung ( free of course because it is always the stringers fault, right? ) but I reduced his mains tension by 2 lbs down to 20
    kevin

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    seriously, one hour isn't too bad for a casual stringer who doesn't string more than a couple a month.

practice will make it faster so try to get more rackets from friends or advertise in craigslist.

6. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Kevin402can, you are funny. :)
    You've described "real world" stringing as it truly is. One finds that Life has a funny way of intruding on Badminton, once in a while. :rolleyes: