Recommendation for Affordable rackets in the 4U, 5U, 6U class

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by YVRshuttler, Apr 20, 2011.

1. YVRshuttler

YVRshuttler New Member

Hi everyone, I am looking to puchase 2 rackets in the KL area.

One is a affordable 5U, 6U or 7U racket. I have some people mention APACS Lethal 100 and 200or Tantrum, in the 67 gram range. Selling for RM$220 or there abouts. I don't want to pay too much for a racket, so Yonex, Victor, etc. those brands are out of my price range. I think Ashaway might be affordable too. Can anyone suggest some other brands, models and price that you might think could fall within these criterias?

Second, is a 4U racket, around RM$150. SOme one mentioned ProAce to me, but I am not sure what model it is. They also mentioned Wilson, and possibly Ashaway. Again, if anyone can help me here, that would be great.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

2. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Firstly apacs Lethal 100 and Tantrum 300 are both 3U.

Secondly, I personally own an apacs Lethal Light Special (it's 6U), and it's a decent racket for its weight. I got it for about RM$238 a few months ago.

3. YVRshuttler

YVRshuttler New Member

Wow. 6U. Ok, I will definitely look into the APACS Lethal Light special. RM$238 is within my price range for a 6U. May I ask which store u bought it from?

4. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Kason have a range of very cheap, very light rackets. Ashaway and APACS are probably your only other options. Big brand names like Yonex and Victor don't make light rackets - they just make rackets that are heavier but much more head-light, which is actually kind of the same thing (it just means they have heavier handles, which makes pretty much no difference to anything).

There are way too many 4U rackets to possibly start listing them here.

5. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    Your location showed you're in Canada.
    For APACS Canada, you may want to visit their website http://www.apacscanada.com/ for more information.

6. YVRshuttler

YVRshuttler New Member

Yes, but I will be in malaysia next month, so hoping tio big it up there. I have checked the APACS canada website, but their lightest rackets are heavy compared to some models they sell in Malaysia.