User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi..i just bought arc-zs and strung it to 27lbs....is it true max is 24lbs? and having frame-sinks syndrome?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All 5 of my Arc Sabre Z-Slash are at the 25-27 lbs. tension range and that is no problem (for my first 5 racquets bought in Sept. 2009; all JP 2U). Because I love it so much I decided to get a few more a couple months back. The recent 3 racquets acquired were strung at 27 lbs. and after a few stringjobs the strings began to sink into the grommets down to the the frame itself. So I had the grommets changed but don't think it can be remedied now. Luckily, all my older Z-Slash are still looking strong. Guess, have to cut off the strings of my previous 5 Z-Slashes and keep it. Meanwhile, I'll try to rejig my recent 3 frames until it gives totally. Perhaps, it's just a bad batch but we'll definitely know for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do all 3 rackets have the sink problem at the same area? This symptoms happens more frequently to the grommets at 5 and 7 o'clock. This may well be the reason Yonex has those continuous grommets to replace the single grommet at these 2 positions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More at the 10 to 11 and 1 to 2. Replacing the grommets just prolongs their usable life, of which I am fine with it since they play the same (until further decline). I'd guess their serviceable life can be extended by replacing the grommets every stringjob but won't prevent from further overall frame deterioration. Probably the newer batches will suffer the same fate as the latter batches of AT700s.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Those positions are prone to sinking too. 27lbs isn't that high tension. I think we have a serious problem here. I only have one ARCZS which is from the early batch. Another one is the TH version which is my current go to racket. I wonder whether this symptoms is common among the TH version too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't heard nor seen any problems with the TH version and so it must meant that the batches made later than the TH version are the ones having the frame problems. Anyways, probably best to buy Z-Slashes that are 09 coded (makes) from people unloading their Z-Slashes.

27 lbs tension isn't that high enough therefore that's what makes it worrisome. Again, probably just a bad batch until more people comes out with the same issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi again! Now I have finaly got my hands on the Voltric 80 and tried it all day long It is the best racket I have ever tried. It got just as much smashing power as the Z-slash or even more. It is better in every possible way: Net drop, flat game, clearing, smashing, defence. I really do like the Z-slash but I find the Voltric 80 much better caus of the bigger frame and a lot bigger sweet spot. You will allways be happy with the way you smash, I didn't have any timing issues. Guys, this is my opinion not saying it is facts, for you it can be different. It all depends on your muscles and technique wether your will have the same experience as I had. Good luck with your choice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LoOpEdd View Post
    Hi again! Now I have finaly got my hands on the Voltric 80 and tried it all day long It is the best racket I have ever tried. It got just as much smashing power as the Z-slash or even more. It is better in every possible way: Net drop, flat game, clearing, smashing, defence. I really do like the Z-slash but I find the Voltric 80 much better caus of the bigger frame and a lot bigger sweet spot. You will allways be happy with the way you smash, I didn't have any timing issues. Guys, this is my opinion not saying it is facts, for you it can be different. It all depends on your muscles and technique wether your will have the same experience as I had. Good luck with your choice!
    glad you enjoyed it loopedd !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bh.bruce View Post
    glad you enjoyed it loopedd !
    Thanks! =D I really did =D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathblader View Post
    The , for beginners and some intermediate players, using the Z-Slash often results in frame shots and miss hits. Since the side of the frame is pretty thin, after a few HARD frame shots, the rackets done.

Are you saying frame hits will kill the racket? I just cant see it my arc ZS is bullet proof. I know people who abuse there rackets (sliding them to pick up shuttle, dropping them, General No care) which pisses me off, but there rackets are still perfectly funtional. My racket has never been dropped dinged or slid and is perfect. It just sounds a little odd that miss hits on the frame will cause that much trauma.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freerider-Dave View Post
    Are you saying frame hits will kill the racket? I just cant see it my arc ZS is bullet proof. I know people who abuse there rackets (sliding them to pick up shuttle, dropping them, General No care) which pisses me off, but there rackets are still perfectly funtional. My racket has never been dropped dinged or slid and is perfect. It just sounds a little odd that miss hits on the frame will cause that much trauma.
    Yeah I agree, I once played mix with Voltric 70 tough and I was going to smash and then the girl I was playing with took up her racket right infront of me so I hit her racket with almost a full power smash and nothing happened to either racket. (voltric 70's frame is also very thin) Most often I think it is pure luck wether the racket break or not but as long as you are carefull, there is no need to worry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LoOpEdd View Post
    Yeah I agree, I once played mix with Voltric 70 tough and I was going to smash and then the girl I was playing with took up her racket right infront of me so I hit her racket with almost a full power smash and nothing happened to either racket. (voltric 70's frame is also very thin) Most often I think it is pure luck wether the racket break or not but as long as you are carefull, there is no need to worry
    Well a full on racket to racket hit I would of expected to be damaging so that was lucky. I was refering to when you miss hit the shuttle and hit the frame rather then strings. Because the other guy was talking about the smaller head on the ASZS then said a couple of hard frame hits and the racket is done. Surley the shuttle cannot be a threat to the frame?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am now in this position of chosing between the VT80 and ARC Z-slash. My ARC10 is old and not in the best condition... I found that my ARC10 was dull and too stiff for my liking, I could never flex the shaft. I realise that both these rackets will add power to my smash and thats what I want. I have played with the VT80 momentarily and I could feel the flex in the shaft straight away but it did feel a tad head heavier than I'd have liked - I felt that is was too head heavy for my backhand, but I am used to my ARC10. How would you guys rate the stiffness of a z-slash against the stiffness of an ARC10 or VT80? I have also played with a VT70 (some may compare this to a z-slash) and I absolutely hated it. It felt like a weaker ARC10 and was too headlight for me (did have a thick grip though). Ahhhhhhhhhh decisions decisions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freerider-Dave View Post
    Well a full on racket to racket hit I would of expected to be damaging so that was lucky. I was refering to when you miss hit the shuttle and hit the frame rather then strings. Because the other guy was talking about the smaller head on the ASZS then said a couple of hard frame hits and the racket is done. Surley the shuttle cannot be a threat to the frame?
    I think you are correct, my experience with bad frame hits is that your strings break... Which in most cases are cheaper :P Naturally the painting can wear off due to bad frame hits, but nothing of importance Back to ASZS: It realy is hard to hit "clean" in the start, but you get used to it But as you said, it wont be a big threat to the frame I think Ofc with very many bad frame hits and a ridicoulsly bad luck, then maybe :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftlegend View Post
    I am now in this position of chosing between the VT80 and ARC Z-slash. My ARC10 is old and not in the best condition... I found that my ARC10 was dull and too stiff for my liking, I could never flex the shaft. I realise that both these rackets will add power to my smash and thats what I want. I have played with the VT80 momentarily and I could feel the flex in the shaft straight away but it did feel a tad head heavier than I'd have liked - I felt that is was too head heavy for my backhand, but I am used to my ARC10. How would you guys rate the stiffness of a z-slash against the stiffness of an ARC10 or VT80? I have also played with a VT70 (some may compare this to a z-slash) and I absolutely hated it. It felt like a weaker ARC10 and was too headlight for me (did have a thick grip though). Ahhhhhhhhhh decisions decisions
    I have both rackets, and I myself use the Voltric 80 becaus I find them light and at the same time brings a pack of power. This ofc can be different from player to player, but here is my thoughts about the Voltric 80 compared to the Z-slash : When it comes to flex, I would say the slash is a little more "flexy". Both rackets brings a grat pack of power, but when you play with the slash it is harder to get the full power out of the racket due to the small sweet spot, but on the Voltric 80 it is not an issue. Z-slash is a very difficult racket to play with, but if you have a great day (in terms of play) it is a brilliant racket. In an attacking possition they are about the same, both brilliant! When it comes to defense, the Voltric 80 is slightly better due to the larger frame, but they are about the same. In terms of flat play they are both very good, but I will have to give it to the Voltric becaus it is lighter. But you must remember that when you first try the slash, you might think it sucks, and you might even completely miss the shuttle becaus of the "Zero" air resistance. And also remember that in the end it is your opinion that matters
    I totally agree, I've played with Voltric 70, but after the Voltric 80 came out I found it alot better, it is as you say, it is waaay to light Hope this could be of assistance, and good luck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Ed, I have played with both and I remember thinking when playing with the Z-slash it felt a bit heavy but the VT80 felt nicer. I think i've made up my mind I'm not a fast swinger and more of an arm player so I think I won't take the risk and go with the VT80.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftlegend View Post
    Thanks Ed, I have played with both and I remember thinking when playing with the Z-slash it felt a bit heavy but the VT80 felt nicer. I think i've made up my mind I'm not a fast swinger and more of an arm player so I think I won't take the risk and go with the VT80.
    NP, man! Hope you will be satisfied!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast