Voltric 80 V Arcsaber Z Slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by drew tze en, Apr 20, 2011.

1. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Can anyone tell me what they think of these rackets?
    and compare the 2 rackets.

2. Calvin789

Calvin789 Regular Member

-
    as i know the Arcsaber Z Slash is very hard to control if you are not a pro... i used one of my frens Z-slash and i kept hitting Out =.="...But when he used it it was perfect..and the ability to perform a good smash is GOOD~thats my thinking..if anyone wants to correct me plz feel free to do so for i am a beginner..

3. Deathblader

Deathblader Regular Member

Student/Lifeguard/Athlete
    The shaft slimness of both rackets is the same, but the T-joint area of the Voltric is slightly thinker. The ArcSaber's head is also lighter, smaller and thinner than the Voltric's, therefore making it easier to damage. If you want speed and have the technique to use the racket, as Calvin said before, for beginners and some intermediate players, using the Z-Slash often results in frame shots and miss hits. Since the side of the frame is pretty thin, after a few HARD frame shots, the rackets done. On the other hand, the voltric 80 is very head heavy, similar to the Armortec 900 Power, since it was created for Lee Chong Wei because he thought the Voltric 70 was too head light. It packs trememdous power and decent speed, due to the Nanopreme that allows the shaft to be slimmer, as slim as the Z-Slash. The frame is also more durable, and if you want something similar to the Armortec series, go for the Voltric 80. In conclusion if you want fast swing speed and a good level of control, go for the Z-Slash. If you want heavy smashes and decent speed go for the Voltric 80. My choice would be the Voltric 80 because the Tri-Voltage system goves some extra level of control, and the Nanopreme allows a slimmer shaft for drag reduction. Hope this helps :)

4. drew tze en

Today I was lucky someone that went to the badminton had a Voltric 80
    I felt that it was really good. On the chart showing whether the racket is head heavy or head light Voltric 80 is the most head heavy racket. I felt it wasn't very head heavy which is good as I am currently using a even balanced racket.
    Personally I think the Z Slash is more of a racket I really like to smash and everything, I like the Voltric 80 but still prefer the Z Slash.

Deathblader and Calvin789 Thanks for sharing your views !

5. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    U r the 1st person to say this & hopefully I would have the same experience once i got my hand on the VT80. All this while my preference is towards the Zslash.

6. drew tze en

Do you have both the Z Slash and VT80?

7. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Of all my racquets, the Z-Slash packs the biggest punch (more than my beloved SiW35) except I haven't tried the MX80 or VT80. Anyways, it doesn't matter because I use SiW35 mainly. Meanwhile, I can't wait to have my hands on the MX80 and VT80 and have a go at it!

8. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Tried both... Vt 80 is a very good racket, its good in all departments... however i personally am not a big fan of super head heavy rackets. for a user that loved the at700, at900 power, you can close your eyes and buy this new piece.

9. Deathblader

@ Babyface: I agree with you, I personally love head heavy rackets, because since my attack is very strong, I gain a advantage by using a head heavy racket, the Voltric 80 gives me everything I need in terms of speed, control and power :)

10. drew tze en

Although I love smashing Im not used to using a head heavy so maybe a lack the power when I contact the shuttle.
    I some how still prefer the Z Slash

11. Deathblader

The Z-Slash is a great racket, I am also a Z-Slash fan! :) The speed of that racket is just phenomenal and it has excellent control and decent power for an all around player.

12. drew tze en

I think I'm more of a Arcsaber Z Slash fan then the Voltric 80

13. Calvin789

Calvin789 Regular Member

-
    Well to Bad im a FAN of ArcSaber 10 A_A"

14. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Not yet. hopefully by next month i'll get it when i visit taiwan.

15. drew tze en

I like the Arcsaber 10 but I want to try the Arcsaber 8DX

16. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    the arcdx, to me, is very much the same as the arcsaber 10.. just a tiny bit more stiff with a little less head heavy. in all honesty, its just the arc 10 with a different name

17. Deathblader

Agreed! Also the technologies incorporated in the arcdx racket are not as "high-tec" as the arc10's but they are both very similar :)

18. drew tze en

I want to try the racket.

19. ns9900

ns9900 Regular Member

i have different feel about Arc10 and Arc8dx (both 3u). Arc10 is a bit heavier,and both feels very stiff to me. However, I am just unable to generate much power from Arc10, but i can do so with Arc8dx. Contacting the shuttle using Arc10 is like "pushing" the shuttle, as compared to the shuttle "repulsing" off the string bed when using Arc8dx. I am still puzzled what are the differences btw the 2 rackets, which makes them produce such big differences in the feel... I love the feel of Arc8dx. :)

wonder if anyone else having the same observations as me? :)

20. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

The Arc10 feels very stiff to me too, though the control is very, very good. But that Z Slash is something else. It's like an Arc 10 on steroids and I do like playing with it. The speed is just phenomenal. The Arc 8DX is probably what the Arc 10 should have been, more responsive, and generally more fun to play with.