Yonex 2011 - Voltric 80 stringing pattern?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Naim.F.C, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Well, after using Victor's recommended stringing pattern for the MX80 found here:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/95306-Victor-72-76-80-holes-stringing-pattern

I noticed the head frame was more isometric, and the sides were also much neater (may have just been my stringers handy work) as pictured.

[​IMG]

Well, reading the VT80's marketing speil, Yonex mentions something about a new grommet system with more holes that increases durability by 7% (supposedly). is there a recommended stringing pattern for this new system anywhere in a Yonex catalogue or online? And is it all crosses 2lbs higher in tension, or only a few that are 2lbs higher like with the MX80's?

Many thanks

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

The string pattern for the YY VT80 is the same as the one first introduced in 2004 on the AT800 racquets. It is also used by most of the new Nanospeeds, Armortec 900, Arcsabers and VT70.

There is nothing new at all.

The Yonex recommended 2lbs higher for the cross strings is just a simple safety measure for maintaining the isometric shape for stringers who use a 2 point support stringing machine.

By the way it looks to me that your stringer has overlapped the crossover strings on the outside of your racquet frame. Be a little wary that the string may cut into your racquet frame's grommets and graphite after sometime :p

3. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Ok perfect. And don't worry, none of the string is making contact with the graphite. I actually quite like the way he's done it, making it a bit more neat, tidy and aerodynamic. My last stringer had the strings go outside the side of the grommet which imo is worse as it could dis-position the grommet itself over time.

4. Blitzzards

What happens with the overlapped strings is that the string on top will exert an additional and double pressure on the string below and cause the second string to have double the pressure exerting on the grommets that it is laying on top of. Ultimately the grommet will give way and split, causing the string to now rest on top of the graphite. What happens next is the graphite being bitten into.

The best way is to weave the strings properly and have them lay parallel next to each other so the force exerted on the graphite beneath is halved. This also reduces the surface area of the string jutting out from the racquet frame and reducing your ever important air resistance ever so slightly. Routing the string around the grommet is a bad bad thing to do; you have done the smart thing and avoided your last stringer :D

5. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Could you give an example of the method you're talking about? Looking at photo's online, I thought the way my MX80 was strung now was the correct method.

http://badmintan.blogspot.com/2010/11/victor-super-waves-35-vs-yonex-armortec.html

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8PVMr6n12...AAAhs/pW3YQI6N3Kk/s1600/12O%27clock+frame.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8PVMr6n12XE/TN3snD_Z_lI/AAAAAAAAAhc/P1TsgMRds2U/s1600/Lateral+view.JPG

Thanks

6. Blitzzards

I am not referring to any specific pattern.

What I meant was that the right side string coming down from the first grommet from the top should have come out on the left side and run down straight into the third grommet from the top while the string coming out from the second grommet should have run down straight on the right side into the fourth grommet rather than making that awkward "right then left turn". The left side string coming out from the first grommet should have also come out on the right side and run on the left side of the string coming out from the second grommet.

In the region between the second and third grommet there will be three strings running parallel to each other which will exert the least pressure on the top of the grommets.

#6 Blitzzards, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  7. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    I understand. Basically this is closer to the proper way to line side strings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Lymmich

Lymmich New Member

I looked at my voltric 80 and some of the grommet holes are not dead center of the frame is this normal thanks

9. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

Depends what patterns the stringer uses, I use a 1x piece Haribito pattern, and I find it works on every racket I've done so far. The sides are super clean compared to a 2x piece 4x knot pattern, and very minimal overlap. Albeit this pattern does take longer to string compared to an OEM 2x piece pattern.

Here is an example with a Li Ning racket which is 76 holes, very common for modern rackets (should be same as your Victor).
    [​IMG]