User Tag List

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Liew Daren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Yes, I agree that his style of play is very different from the rest of the backup players but it involves a huge load of risk as well, he smashed out so many times that from leading he gifted CL the second game! But imagine if most of his smashes lands on the line - I can see how he upset Simon, Lee Hyun-il, Wong Wing Ki, Wang Zhengming, Yunus Alamsyah over the past one year.
    He smashed out is mainly due to his legs is not strong ! I think gym works can help him. I heard DL is presently a sparring partner with LCW. I hope LCW and coach TehSB can help him to improve. What make me think DL can be great player is not only his playing, more important is he is a player with good thinking, he know how to create oppotunity to kill his opponent, the 17 points ( both sets) taken from CL is mainly due to his own effort not by unforced errors from CL !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    I too like to see DL play and if BAM had sent him earlier on to play, he could have improved more. At 24, a lot of precious time has been lost, and that we can thank the smart guys running BAM. I agree with a lot of what you say, except besides improving his stamina and smashing accuracy, DL needs to eat some real food, man and bulk up with some muscles. Also, your last line "if DL continue to make improvement .. he can be a world class player" should change to "If DL continue to make improvement .. he may get into 2nd round more often"....world class player, errr...that is real heavy pressure, man
    I remember when Li Mao is LCW coach, he insist want DL to be LCW training partner, but Rashid do not want to let go DL.... otherwise we may seen another LCW working together to fight Chinese players !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    He smashed out is mainly due to his legs is not strong ! I think gym works can help him. I heard DL is presently a sparring partner with LCW. I hope LCW and coach TehSB can help him to improve. What make me think DL can be great player is not only his playing, more important is he is a player with good thinking, he know how to create oppotunity to kill his opponent, the 17 points ( both sets) taken from CL is mainly due to his own effort not by unforced errors from CL !
    That is the main difference between him and the other backup, he is proactive in his playstyle. But I agree that he needs a lot of stamina and gym training, also a whole lot more of consistency as he hasn't been very consistent lately. (I think the root of this is him smashing out) Also he sometimes lose focus and make 4-5 mistakes in a row, free points for opponents (like what happened against CL 2nd game)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well. Time is running out. China will be spying on his moves if he can make it out of smashing outside.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Well. Time is running out. China will be spying on his moves if he can make it out of smashing outside.
    Should be ok because Daren is still at the improvement stage. Which means they can video but the video may be outdated by the next tournament. So it s good for CHN to video so they study the outdated syllabus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope he improves in every tournament. He performances is good, so he needs to keep up his standard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China will have new videos of course. Esp after og. They will tease dl to smash outside. Cl will stand outside. Lol. Note that wzm n dpy is still upcoming. Sweet or boleh dreams pple. Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Should be ok because Daren is still at the improvement stage. Which means they can video but the video may be outdated by the next tournament. So it s good for CHN to video so they study the outdated syllabus.
    If DL can improve his smashing and legs strength , I think China will be worrying on this player beside LCW ! Look at the match yesterday, really fascinating to watch ! The pace between DL and CL is really fast ! Hope DL can make it to the Olympic 2012. He can be a spoiler !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait till he becomes top 10. Too much to ask fr him. Let him enjoy the smashing. Did u notice he was tired? Thats why smashing out is the only life line for him? Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait till he becomes top 10. Too much to ask fr him. Let him enjoy the smashing. Did u notice he was tired? Thats why smashing out is the only life line for him? Lol.
    Hmm, I do agree that he seemed tired but forcing himself to go. Needs more physical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its more of a mental kid. Not pbysical.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its more of a mental kid. Not pbysical.
    stress make u tiree easily...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at top level. stamina should be similar. It is mental in the end.

You notice that he still got the strength and stamina to smash correct? Why is it that the shot goes out?

His mind tells him, its the easiest way to finish it off. That is loosing early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At top level. Everything is important. Even a player's judgement on in or out of the shuttle will make an impact. In modern badminton , intense competition begins at the first point.

I say up and coming players like DL has to improve on every aspect. Even though on things that he seemingly good at .

I mean just compare him to LCW, LCW can do whatever things that DL can do and may be do it better. This speak volume on the room of improvement DL has to go through.

Sport is all about being competitive, overcoming and "inching forward".

I dare say even at the level of LCW and LD, they still have room to improve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately it seems that this lad is a choker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

National singles chief coach Rashid Sidek said the standard of the back-up singles players is still low and that Hafiz could make the squad for the second singles slot.

Rashid said Liew Daren had the ability to become a quality international but lacked confidence while the same mentality was holding back other shuttlers in the squad.

"We will have a void when Lee Chong Wei retires as our players are not producing results," said Rashid.

"Daren, Chong Wei Feng and Arif Latif have been training with Chong Wei and they should have made use of the opportunity to become better players.

"They must discard the mentality of thinking themselves to be just sparring partners. They are not and have their own international careers to build.

"If Chong Wei had the same attitude when he was training with seniors like Wong Choong Hann, Ong Ewe Hock, Lee Tsuen Seng and several others in his early years, he wouldn't have made the breakthrough. He wanted to beat the seniors and he worked hard at it and had the self belief.

"This is what the current players must achieve. They must aim to break into the top 20 or top 16 this year and start working their way up. Daren beat Taiwan's Hsueh Hsuan Yi, who won the Dutch Open last year, but he has never qualified for even a semi-final of a grand prix gold event.

"We don't see players from India competing in so many tournaments but now there at least eight of them who are being exposed regularly on the international scene. Sourabh Verman and Sameer Varma have shown great talent.

"Our back-up players have to come out of their shell and value their position as national shuttlers and must start doing well."

Read more: Desperate coaches - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/desperate-coaches-1.31276#ixzz1jJfWBZgN

R
    ashid doesn't even know his players... LOL... what about Indonesian GPG 2 years ago? As for why Daren has only started to improve recently, he probably should realise that Daren only started getting huge amounts of exposure after Hafiz Hashim left BAM!
    Last edited by undeadshot; 01-13-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast