User Tag List

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: Liew Daren

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KUALA LUMPUR: Shuttler Liew Daren’s breakthrough win in the French Open has been like a breath of fresh air for a nation so heavily dependant on world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei for so long.
    It’s good to have someone other than Chong Wei winning international titles but national coach Tey Seu Bock prefers to temper his enthusiasm and excitement until Daren can prove that his win is not a flash in the pan.

Seu Bock hopes that the 25-year-old late bloomer will ride on his success and continue with his exploits at the last two Super Series events – in China (Nov 13-18) and Hong Kong Open (Nov 20-25).
    On Sunday, Daren completed a good week in Paris with a strong finish – beating Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen for the title.
    It was his first international title since joining the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) set-up nine years ago. Seu Bock is happy with Daren’s breakthrough but doesn’t want to make the mistake of going overboard in celebrating his victory – not yet, at least.
    “Daren has finally won ... and he deserves the plaudits. He must now work even harder and show that he is not a one-time wonder,” Seu Bock said before leaving home with the team yesterday.

“His next mission will be to continue with his positive attitude and winning ways at the China Open and Hong Kong Open.”
    The win in Paris is expected to catapult Daren, currently ranked 24th in the world, into the top 20 for the first time. Seu Bock is glad that the regular sparring with Chong Wei over the last two years has sparked off a revival of sorts for Daren.

“He has learnt to be more focused, like Chong Wei, in tournaments. I believe he has also learnt how to stay on top of his game during crucial stages – just like Chong Wei – and win points despite coming under tremendous pressure,” said Seu Bock. “Daren still has a lot to learn before he can be considered an established player.

“This is a small step and he must now learrn to maintain this level of play – and emulate the top players’ ability in maintaining consistency at the highest level.”

Chong Wei Feng too has shown a positive attitude in his game and, hopefully, will be able to overcome his lack of consistency so that Malaysia can count on its second echelon of players for honours.
    The attention will now shift to the men’s singles back-up players at the Bitburger Open Grand Prix Gold in Germany beginning tomorrow.
    Malaysia will be hoping that more young stars will step up. All eyes will be on reigning Pahang Open champion Misbun Ramdan Misbun, Mohd Arif Abdul Latif, Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin, Goh Soon Huat and last year’s world junior champion Zulfadli Zulkifli.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...631&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps a bit too late for this, but... Congrats, Daren!

And now... Let the pressure shift from Datuk to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    I have a feeling that Daren is his chinese character name in pin ying too. Hence Liew 大 人 or something .
    LOL, bro~

刘国伦 lah.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, sudah jadi kaya la Became richer already...
    Coaches to get perks for producing winners

All smiles: Lee Chong Wei received a bonus of RM25,000 under the BAM incentive scheme after winning the Denmark Open.
    KUALA LUMPUR: National badminton coaches may get extra perks if they produce winners in the future.
    Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) general manager Kenny Goh said this is one of the special incentive schemes in the pipeline.
    Under the current structure, only players get additional cash for winning titles under the BAM’s incentive scheme.
    For instance, world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei took home US$30,000 in prize money after winning the Denmark Open last week while national Elite player Liew Daren cashed in his biggest pay cheque of US$15,000 for winning the French Open on Sunday.
    Under the BAM’s incentive scheme, every winner of the Super Series and Super Series Premier tournaments is given RM25,000.
    That means Chong Weiand the in-form Daren will get an additional RM25,000 for winning in Denmark and France respectively.
    Kenny said that they have been toying with the idea of rewarding the coaches as “it will keep them on their toes and be an added motivation for them to push the players into achieving excellence”.
    “Our coaching and training chairman, Ng Chin Chai, introduced a bonus scheme for the coaches for the first time last year.
    “We have also been mulling about rewarding coaches for producing winners.
    “I have checked with other badminton nations and some of them, like South Korea and Indonesia, have such a system,” said Kenny.
    “We must look into how we want to reward these coaches and the percentage to be given as cash incentives. It will be good to get some ideas from our future national coaching director on this matter.”
    BAM have not announced the name of the national coaching director but South Korean Park Joo-bong is the likely candidate.
    Joo-bong is currently a coach with the Japan BA and is set to decide on his future after a meeting with his employers in the next few days.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...864&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post

不要以外表看本质
    . There have been a lot of english names corresponding to chinese character pin yin of late.
    I used to have a class mate name Choi Dickson 蔡迪胜。That was like 20 years ago hehhee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I wondered, should Rashid get some credit upon this celebration? Or he just plain don't deserves it?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if he ran away from responsibility when player under perform
    insist that its up to player themself to achieve result while coach only can contribute little?
    how can he get credit for this victory?

if u dont want to pay when the company lost money
    u expect to get profit when company gain money?

wonderful thinking.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    if he ran away from responsibility when player under performinsist that its up to player themself to achieve result while coach only can contribute little?how can he get credit for this victory?if u dont want to pay when the company lost moneyu expect to get profit when company gain money?wonderful thinking.
    will smith " if you are absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Kenny said that they have been toying with the idea of rewarding the coaches as “it will keep them on their toes and be an added motivation for them to push the players into achieving excellence”.
    “I have checked with other badminton nations and some of them, like South Korea and Indonesia, have such a system,” said Kenny.
    “We must look into how we want to reward these coaches and the percentage to be given as cash incentives. It will be good to get some ideas from our future national coaching director on this matter.”
    Keep them on their toes? More like keep them in line and shut their mouth... Instead of money maybe give them more respect as a professional coaches, let say more freedom in decision making?

But what am I saying?? Money is nice too

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    will smith " if you are absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success"
    but those coach will get extra bonus for player success
    how unfair is this world?haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right, see if Selvaraj gets any incentives after opening up their can of worms recently in the press.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So where n when is Type-R next event?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Daren lost the first set 19-21 to Jorgensen during the semis, I reckoned the show had ended already as Daren would have used up his gas tank after using so many continuous smashes. But he surprised me and come back with more 'umph'. The during the set break I sort of heard Seu Bock kept saying 'guard your backhand. He is attacking your backhand. Once the shuttle passes your head your are finished'. I think Seu Bock means Daren's backhand lob is weak and is forced to return with a weak lob or most certainly a net and Jorgensen will be waiting at the net.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    So where n when is Type-R next event?
    Most probably the hong kong and china super series.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liew Daren BWF ranking has gone up 6 places, he is now on 18th, congrats to him. Hope he continues performing at his best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Liew Daren BWF ranking has gone up 6 places, he is now on 18th, congrats to him. Hope he continues performing at his best.
    you forgot to mention another important thing. he manage to climb up to 6th position in SS ranking, so if he dont screw up in china and HK open, he would be in the SS finals, which will garantee at least another 6050 points for him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    And with the winning in french open, that's a beginning for him.. he really needs to work harder and harder

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast