User Tag List

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Liew Daren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Haha, no problem! He got thrashed by Hayom pretty badly in that SF so I might agree with you that that performance is still not very good...

Anyway, he might be an above average player if he sustains this performance, but don't expect Liew Daren to ever become a good or a successful player... too late for that!

He has two more consecutive tournaments to go, next week in India and in Malaysia GP Gold. My targets for him :
    India - Proceed to his 2nd only SS quarterfinal. Have to defeat Chan Yan Kit and take revenge on Hu Yun/defeat Yunus again.
    Malaysia GP Gold - Defeat Taufik Hidayat
    Lets follow his progress in coming India SS..........as for MO GP....too difficult for him to over come TH, maybe to steal a game is more realistic !! hahaha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really like this phrase... "BECAUSE NO OTHER BACKUP PLAYER CAN DO THAT. LOL".. hehehe... he needs to be consistent though... whatever it is, du pengyu himself is not a great player from china... i think liew darren would be a good contender for MAS no 2 if he able to give a big fight against chen long or bao chunlai (considering that chen jin n lin dan are far ahead from him)..

You have to remember that in Denmark SS, he defeated Wang Zhengming in the qualifying rounds and Dicky in the first round. Better than BAC in my opinion.
    In INA GPG, he didn't lose to Yunus, he defeated Yunus but lost to Hayom in the semi-final. Maybe this one not so good. I'm sure Denmark SS better than this BAC where he just beat Wong Wing Ki and lost to Du Pengyu in 3 games.

Know why I consider this good?

BECAUSE NO OTHER BACKUP PLAYER CAN DO THAT. LOL

Btw, must agree with you that Malaysia SS 2009 also considered a good performance. But Daren has been yoyo-ing a lot.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSmasherKing View Post
    hehehe.. lets hope he can strive for excellent in near future... hopefully misbun can train him as well.. anyway, is there any other pics of liew darren... when i search for his photo, i only able to found this photo only... not from a nice angle.. hehehe...

Here's another.
    Last edited by Cheung; 04-23-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Know why I consider this good?

BECAUSE NO OTHER BACKUP PLAYER CAN DO THAT. LOL

Wed 12/1/2010 8:00 PMChina Open Super Series 2010MS Jin Chen [3][CHN] - [MAS] Wei Feng Chong 21-11 21-11

India Grand Prix Gold 2008
    MS Chen Jin[CHN] - [MAS] Chong Wei Feng 23-25 21-12 16-21

I am not sure if it was right to open this thread. I do not doubt that LDarren has been working very hard for the past couple of months and deserve a thread for himself. But so far, most of the posts here are not very encouraging.

If I was daren I would not be too please to see someone label me as one who 'probably will never be a successful player' right at the second post of my thread. Follow by a few posts by OP and others who agree in unison that he would probably not go far in the future? How flattering was that!

Why bother opening a thread if you have no better thing to say?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    Wed 12/1/2010 8:00 PMChina Open Super Series 2010MS Jin Chen [3][CHN] - [MAS] Wei Feng Chong 21-11 21-11

I am not sure if it was right to open this thread. I do not doubt that LDarren has been working very hard for the past couple of months and deserve a thread for himself. But so far, most of the posts here are not very encouraging.

If I was daren I would not be too please to see someone label me as one who 'probably will never be a successful player' right at the second post of my thread. Follow by a few posts by OP and others who agree in unison that he would probably not go far in the future? How flattering was that!

i think it was a desperate to find someone to pay attention for or get some chit chat
    as there is no any interesting issue recently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post

chill up bro...if you looked carefully,the thread starter thesmasherking is having high hope on Daren, so far he is fair
    and nice to Daren...so if you are sad with the comments by some party, direct to them....not a crime for the thread starter...
    and as always, I think is fair to have positive and negative comments on players as long as we dont go overboard...
    so far, I can see others giving a fair comment on Daren based on his current achievement...and hope he can perform better
    as age is catching up.....i trust all of us hope when the day came for him to hang-up his racquet....he will have something BIG
    to be proud of.....

btw, mind to elaborate m0re about the results of CWF that you posted??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    chill up bro...if you looked carefully,the thread starter thesmasherking is having high hope on Daren, so far he is fair
    and nice to Daren...so if you are sad with the comments by some party, direct to them....not a crime for the thread starter...
    and as always, I think is fair to have positive and negative comments on players as long as we dont go overboard...
    so far, I can see others giving a fair comment on Daren based on his current achievement...and hope he can perform better
    as age is catching up.....i trust all of us hope when the day came for him to hang-up his racquet....he will have something BIG
    to be proud of.....

btw, mind to elaborate m0re about the results of CWF that you posted??
    Daniel, appreciate your concern there. Apology if my previous sounds offensive to you.
    I posted CWF's results just to show that CWF too can achieve something remarkable if it was his day. Undeadshot was saying that no other backup players can achieve something significant, I think that is not true. At least CWF was able to defeat the then China's no 3 MS player(olympic bronze medalist) and also the reigning world champion.

I can accept negative comments which are more constructive in nature. You can say for example a player's technique or tactic need improvement. That's fair to me as those are things that can be changed or improved. But something like 'he is too late' to achieve anything big sounds more like a personal attack to me(that sounds like someone was condemning the player to fail for the rest of his life). Those are pre-judgements pass on to someone who did not even get enough chance to prove themselves. I sincerely feel that this lad we are talking about here was robbed of an opportunity to even try to make it big for himself. For that, I find that hard to accept. I do agree that the thread starter has been tactful most of the time, but I believe things can be said in a nicer way...But that is just my opinion, please disregard it if you disagree.

Like many of you guys here, I hope liew daren can make it big one day before he retires. Daren himself want it too, I am very sure of that. I am starting to believe that daren can handle the physical part of the game(stamina), so I think he can focus more on the tactic and mental part of his game. IMO, he will still need another few months to build up his game. I won't expect him to excel in the next few tournaments. But if he does, that's a bonus. Looking forward to see more of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liew Daren lost rather tamely to Chan Yan Kit. He is still struggling to find consistency. His high-risk playing style makes it tough for him to stabilize on the world stage.

But I still believe that he has the potential to defeat Taufik Hidayat next week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yan Kit Chan (HK) beat Daren Liew (MAS): 25-23 21-12

He needs to start winning against these players... BOLEH?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LDR just the kind of player with low level of stamina (not taking in others yet)..........cant even last playing rubber games in one tournament, not to expect him to perform well in two consecutive tournament........He has to seriously ups his stamina or fitness level if he still wants to proves something in International arena !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x-oMlcaXN0

Liew Daren's playing style. Quite impressive but as I said pretty high-risk and error prone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As expected, he is the last back-up player left in the tournament AGAIN ... even though he defeated two team-mates to reach the third round... after the early exits of all the other back-up players to highly-ranked opponents...

And Liew Daren will face Lee Hyun-il tomorrow... I hope he can cause an upset to reach his first quarter-final of the year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As expected, he is the last back-up player left in the tournament AGAIN ... even though he defeated two team-mates to reach the third round... after the early exits of all the other back-up players to highly-ranked opponents...

And Liew Daren will face Lee Hyun-il tomorrow... I hope he can cause an upset to reach his first quarter-final of the year!
    is high time for Daren to do it...to beat LHI....., LHI is considered over the hill...so if Daren cant beat him, how can we expect him to beat current top players??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he can't beat LHI at our own backyard, I can certainly say that he will NOT be the next LCW... LHI is a veteran player with vast experienced but not any younger... BOLEH?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He did well in the BAC, but fell rather tamely in the India Open and the Malaysia GP Gold. It's all left to LCW to take up the men singles challenge again.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is no Tonto to our Lone Ranger.
    Sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do agreed that he did not perform well in mas gp gold,but i think we should also consider that this is his fourth tournament in a month including the KL open.i guess he must be feeling the strain of competing non stop.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast