User Tag List

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 137 to 153 of 525

Thread: Liew Daren

  1. #137
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,453
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I pick A.
    LD is also very prone to injuries.
    It's either George or me who is correct.

  2. #138
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Liew Daren is very injury-prone indeed. I pick A too.

  3. #139
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kl
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agreed and i picked A too,but even though he is quite injury prone i think no one can deny that currently he is the best single in Bam after LCW base on his international result recently.What do you guys think?

  4. #140
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waja11 View Post
    I agreed and i picked A too,but even though he is quite injury prone i think no one can deny that currently he is the best single in Bam after LCW base on his international result recently.What do you guys think?
    Yes, his results compared to the rest of the back-up is much better, pretty much about the top 30 standard...

  5. #141
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    24 is defo late.. but so was lcw! hope tat he is a late bloomer like our national hero lcw!!! malysia boleh!

  6. #142
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I believe he can be better if he doesn't get injured easily always

  7. #143
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Liew Daren is very injury-prone indeed. I pick A too.
    The problems is in his training, physical training....if he managed to improves his physical, he will be even better........I think he is lazy in gym for physical training.

  8. #144
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    The problems is in his training, physical training....if he managed to improves his physical, he will be even better........I think he is lazy in gym for physical training.
    Yeah you might be hardworking in technical and improving your techniques and everything but gym is a whole different thing... but so far I can only see LCW the one with full muscles... TBH also not as much as LCW

  9. #145
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Facing CL today.

    What he can do....

    Hopefully no under-10..

  10. #146
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpue
    Posts
    1,815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato A View Post
    Facing CL today.

    What he can do....

    Hopefully no under-10..
    if CL played in 3 games against DL this proved he is still below the LCW-LD's level...

  11. #147
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    if CL played in 3 games against DL this proved he is still below the LCW-LD's level...
    The possibility of playing 3 games is 99.99% impossible.

    Daren is al least 2 level below CL.

  12. #148
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpue
    Posts
    1,815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dato A View Post
    The possibility of playing 3 games is 99.99% impossible.

    Daren is al least 2 level below CL.
    WRONG!!, is a 'heaven and earth' situation...!!

  13. #149
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He played quite well against Chen Long today, hopefully there will be a time where he can finally check in to the quarter-final of a super series again, the draw at France just wasn't kind for him!!

  14. #150
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    330
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    He played quite well against Chen Long today, hopefully there will be a time where he can finally check in to the quarter-final of a super series again, the draw at France just wasn't kind for him!!
    DL played very well indeed. Fighting point to point with CL. Even caught CL off guard in many occassions. I have seen other back up players like ChanKB, CWF, Arif etc performed but these players basically are stroke players, very hard to make an impact to the present 21 points format. But DL playing style is very different from other back up players - fast and furios, just like CL and LD. What he need now is continous to work hard to improve his stamina and smashing accuracy. BAM should send him to top level competition more frequently. If DL continue to make improvement .. he can be a world class player.

  15. #151
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    DL played very well indeed. Fighting point to point with CL. Even caught CL off guard in many occassions. I have seen other back up players like ChanKB, CWF, Arif etc performed but these players basically are stroke players, very hard to make an impact to the present 21 points format. But DL playing style is very different from other back up players - fast and furios, just like CL and LD. What he need now is continous to work hard to improve his stamina and smashing accuracy. BAM should send him to top level competition more frequently. If DL continue to make improvement .. he can be a world class player.
    Yes, I agree that his style of play is very different from the rest of the backup players but it involves a huge load of risk as well, he smashed out so many times that from leading he gifted CL the second game! But imagine if most of his smashes lands on the line - I can see how he upset Simon, Lee Hyun-il, Wong Wing Ki, Wang Zhengming, Yunus Alamsyah over the past one year.

  16. #152
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    DL played very well indeed. Fighting point to point with CL. Even caught CL off guard in many occassions. I have seen other back up players like ChanKB, CWF, Arif etc performed but these players basically are stroke players, very hard to make an impact to the present 21 points format. But DL playing style is very different from other back up players - fast and furios, just like CL and LD. What he need now is continous to work hard to improve his stamina and smashing accuracy. BAM should send him to top level competition more frequently. If DL continue to make improvement .. he can be a world class player.
    I too like to see DL play and if BAM had sent him earlier on to play, he could have improved more. At 24, a lot of precious time has been lost, and that we can thank the smart guys running BAM. I agree with a lot of what you say, except besides improving his stamina and smashing accuracy, DL needs to eat some real food, man and bulk up with some muscles. Also, your last line "if DL continue to make improvement .. he can be a world class player" should change to "If DL continue to make improvement .. he may get into 2nd round more often"....world class player, errr...that is real heavy pressure, man

  17. #153
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpue
    Posts
    1,815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this should thanks to Taufik when DL played against him in Singapore SS and Indonesia SS, all first round.

    then that time DL get a lot of experiences from Taufik and till now DL can play well against CL... the only matter is hope DL don't get any injuries that will affect his career...

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Video:Tien Minh Nguyen vs Daren Liew -Yonex Sunrise Vietnam Open 2011
    By quycoctu in forum Russian / US / Canadian / Vietnam Open 2011
    Replies: 7
    : 08-26-2011, 07:50 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    : 06-01-2011, 12:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •