User Tag List

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: Liew Daren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a video interview of daren back at all england...he speaks english, albeit in a very malaysian way

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling that Daren is his chinese character name in pin ying too. Hence Liew 大 人 or something .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    I have a feeling that Daren is his chinese character name in pin ying too. Hence Liew 大 人 or something .
    somehow seriously i have a feeling either you are making a joke or you really dont understand chinese... lolx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyway i think we need to stop showing too much attention on him.... the reason being if there is so much attention, it also means so much distraction to him... afterall he only won once (which also happen to be his first semi final and final as well, in a SSgame), not to mention the lack of all top 5 players(simon withdrawn in the first round)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindevil View Post
    somehow seriously i have a feeling either you are making a joke or you really dont understand chinese... lolx

不要以外表看本质
    . There have been a lot of english names corresponding to chinese character pin yin of late.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

his name to be exact is
    刘国伦
    liew daren

single r,not double r.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said before, Darren has the 'goods' to deliver but it's just that there seems to be something else holding him back for instance, 'the hunger to win'. I really glad that another 'yellow shirt' player besides LCW got to the podium and although it's only the French Open winner, I am still glad. Good to know even something good can come out of 'directionless management'. However, no time to bask in your glory. Continue back training with LCW more at home to hone your skills. I especially like his crosscourt overhead smashes and also crosscourt overhead lobs that look like shooting lobs that are seldom used nowadays.

On the other hand, Axelsen plays better this time than when he is against LCW. Maybe he is not so much in awe of unheralded Darren? His game has more 'umph' when he plays his normal game.

Footnote: Does anyone notice that the final game umpire was a splitting image of Axelsen? And BCers have to carefully put Darren's initials as DL instead of LD.
    Watching Daren play, i think he has improve a lot, especially with his backhand is now can be considered a little deadly, i really admire those crosscourt backhand of him. I think it bcoz taufik is the one he looks up to so that why he loves to backhand, also combining with his improving smash and lee chong wei tactic style of play, if he can keep up and develop those skills to higher, he can be totally nail the future of badminton.
    Viktor plays much better compare to when he was with lee chong wei bcoz lee was too fast and always 1 step ahead of the young dane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Liew Daren" sounds funny. Just call him Daren. I hate to see even Malaysians call him LD or LDR. How difficult to spell D-A-R-E-N?

Achieving his first SS at the age of 25 isn't easy. I hope this will be his breakthru year and there are more titles to come.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1nt0sh95 View Post
    Watching Daren play, i think he has improve a lot, especially with his backhand is now can be considered a little deadly, i really admire those crosscourt backhand of him. I think it bcoz taufik is the one he looks up to so that why he loves to backhand, also combining with his improving smash and lee chong wei tactic style of play, if he can keep up and develop those skills to higher, he can be totally nail the future of badminton.
    Viktor plays much better compare to when he was with lee chong wei bcoz lee was too fast and always 1 step ahead of the young dane.
    In pro and international arena, no matter how fun it is to use a cross court backhand, it is seldom use effectively. This is why it is only used intermittently. Daren still don't have the backhand lob power used by LCW in which you see no matter how back LCW is push to the backhand baseline, he just takes his time and lob back a high one with his backhand. He is not afraid of a smash coming back because he will be ready for it, as compared to shooting lob with a backhand used by Daren which is just too low. Hence, you see him using more of cross court backhand drop. To me besides Taufik, the only player who can safely say his backhand is as lethal as his forehand, is Xiong Guo Bao of china.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In pro and international arena, no matter how fun it is to use a cross court backhand, it is seldom use effectively. This is why it is only used intermittently. Daren still don't have the backhand lob power used by LCW in which you see no matter how back LCW is push to the backhand baseline, he just takes his time and lob back a high one with his backhand. He is not afraid of a smash coming back because he will be ready for it, as compared to shooting lob with a backhand used by Daren which is just too low. Hence, you see him using more of cross court backhand drop. To me besides Taufik, the only player who can safely say his backhand is as lethal as his forehand, is Xiong Guo Bao of china.
    i agree... players tend to avoid using backhand and prefer to use over-head stroke (except in desperate situation)... he has a good backhand but not as good as TH... does he still feels the back-ache that prevent him to make frequent over-head stroke?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSmasherKing View Post
    i agree... players tend to avoid using backhand and prefer to use over-head stroke (except in desperate situation)... he has a good backhand but not as good as TH... does he still feels the back-ache that prevent him to make frequent over-head stroke?
    After he wins and does the summersault,you can see a huge phiten plaster on his back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

刘国伦 is his Chinese Name, pronounced as Liu Guo Lun.

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    His full name is Liew Daren, his name is joined together.
    His chinese name is Liu Guo Lun.
    I wish people do actually read the 2nd post of this whole thread, 很多资料都可以找得出。

Before he became MAS No.2, most Malaysian supporters who know of him after he got selected into 2009 SEA games individual as well as 2010 Asian Games team event referred to him as LDR, as so to not get confused with Lin Dan himself.

I have friends who have the same type of unorthodox Chinese naming, that's why I never got confused with Liew Daren's name order.
    Last edited by undeadshot; 10-30-2012 at 02:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the missing, but what i meant is his backhand crosscourt drop. Anyway, he is improving is what malay needs for the future, someone is capable of replace lee chong wei.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Honda Fans

LDR = LD Type-R ?????

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from NST

LIEW Daren has finally buried the question of whether he will ever win an international title at the French Open in Paris on Sunday.

The win over Viktor Axelsen of Denmark meant an end to Daren's long wait, after more than five years on the senior tour.
    It was a different Daren who played in Paris, as the 25-year-old -- who often succumbed to pressure in the past -- produced a game quite similar to Lee Chong Wei's style of play.

Neither did he shy away from giving credit to where it was due, attributing the sparring sessions with World No 1 Chong Wei -- which began after the London Olympics -- as a major reason for his victory.

Daren, however, does not regard himself as a successor to Chong Wei just yet.

He wants to focus on winning more titles and improve his world ranking before thinking about emulating his icon.
    "I have been asked about (ending my title wait) many times before, so yeah, it's great to have finally done it," said Daren when contracted in Paris on Sunday.

"I must thank Chong Wei for the sparring sessions. It has really helped me
    "The focus is now on me and the other elite shuttlers as the coaches are grooming us for the 2016 Olympics."

Daren played a tactical game against Axelsen to disorientate the Dane by drawing him to the net and unleashing cross-court smashes from the baseline to earn points. He won 21-18, 21-17 in a final marred by three bad line calls against him in the second game.

"I was really upset with the line calls. He scored four or five points in a row, and then I remembered that I was playing a final and I shouldn't let it go just for that," he said.
    The Kuala Lumpur-born, who recently achieved a career high world ranking of 24, defeated World No 9 Sho Sasaki of Japan and World No 11 Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark en route to the final.
    Although none of the top five ranked shuttlers were in Paris, Daren's achievement should not be written off as a fluke as he did beat several other established players for the title.

"I am an attacking player but unlike the past, where I did not use my asset wisely, I am now making the right decisions on court," he said.
    Daren will move from 24 to either 17 or 18 in the latest world rankings, due to be released on Thursday.

"Winning here is a good thing but I need to maintain this momentum in upcoming tournaments. I want to progress.
    "Yes, I have achieved my top-20 target before December and this is a good thing.

"However, I should not be compared to anyone just yet as I am still a long way off from being the best. I want to win tournaments and improve my ranking further," Daren added.

He continues his campaign in the China Open, a premier event, on Nov 13-18 and in the Hong Kong Open on Nov 20-25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets hope he can produce some brilliant performance at china and hong kong open... oso hope he can maintain his consistency

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    LDR = LD Type-R ?????
    The nickname sounds very lethal..

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast