User Tag List

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: Liew Daren

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindevil View Post
    you forgot to mention another important thing. he manage to climb up to 6th position in SS ranking, so if he dont screw up in china and HK open, he would be in the SS finals, which will garantee at least another 6050 points for him.
    Yeah.. Even i have seen that. With the current points, only malaysia and japan are having 2 players in top 8 in BWF super series Men's singles ranking. Great going malaysia. Only Du pengyu for china.. Strange. Even Chen Long is not there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Yeah.. Even i have seen that. With the current points, only malaysia and japan are having 2 players in top 8 in BWF super series Men's singles ranking. Great going malaysia. Only Du pengyu for china.. Strange. Even Chen Long is not there.
    Chen Long is participating in China Open and Hong Kong Open which he might get sufficient points to be in top 8 in BWF Super series MS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chu Liuxiang View Post
    Chen Long is participating in China Open and Hong Kong Open which he might get sufficient points to be in top 8 in BWF Super series MS.
    very possible. In fact daren is the most likely to drop out of top 8. so he really need to mentain and try to be at least in the QF of those 2 tournaments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindevil View Post
    very possible. In fact daren is the most likely to drop out of top 8. so he really need to mentain and try to be at least in the QF of those 2 tournaments.
    No point comparing the 2 players.

Chen Long is way better than Daren Liew. Daren is attacking fast but he makes many unforced errors, which is opposite of Chen Long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. furthermore Type-R is only naturally aspirated and is certain to fall behind forced induction players like Chen Long when the match goes the full distance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is getting faster but not fast enough to challenge lcw, ld or even cl... he needs to practise hard on his speed and avoid making simple errors... anyway, i quite like his service... weird but unique... hehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Daren's service... and service return. And YES... he's started to really speed around the court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's faster than many players... but fast doesn't win you matches. He makes many mistakes at the net and short returns He needs to be more steady... like Chen Long.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree. Speed (fast) is crucial and does win you matches. Come one day, if Daren plays lest mistakes but plays slower and slower to cut down on mistakes, it will be the same story of us saying he is not fast enough. It is the easy give away of points that is killing his game, not his speed. What he needs to do is maintain his speed (which is his forte) and try to cut down on silly mistakes or freebies points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    I disagree. Speed (fast) is crucial and does win you matches. Come one day, if Daren plays lest mistakes but plays slower and slower to cut down on mistakes, it will be the same story of us saying he is not fast enough. It is the easy give away of points that is killing his game, not his speed. What he needs to do is maintain his speed (which is his forte) and try to cut down on silly mistakes or freebies points.
    Yeah, unfortunately its obvious that Daren's biggest point of weakness right now is that he gives away points way, I mean way too cheaply. On average, if you were to count, he makes an average about 8-10 unforced errors in one game. You cant be champion material with that many unforced errors with the current point system.

I obviously play badminton myself, and majority of the unforced errors comes from not putting full mental focus on every single shot. In badminton, especially with an exhausted body, its so easy to get into that casual mode of just "playing along" with your opponent and not putting enough mental focus to control that stroke of yours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gelee View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately its obvious that Daren's biggest point of weakness right now is that he gives away points way, I mean way too cheaply. On average, if you were to count, he makes an average about 8-10 unforced errors in one game. You cant be champion material with that many unforced errors with the current point system.

I obviously play badminton myself, and majority of the unforced errors comes from not putting full mental focus on every single shot. In badminton, especially with an exhausted body, its so easy to get into that casual mode of just "playing along" with your opponent and not putting enough mental focus to control that stroke of yours.
    good point. daren liew always makes the most unforced errors in the 1st game , followed closely by the start of the 2nd game. His match stamina is good as he usually does better in the 3rd game in most of his matches. He just needs to be more careful in the 1st and start of 2nd game where most of his mistakes creep in. If he can somehow find a way to eliminate these 8-10 unforced errors(net return, short return) per game, he can challenge with the very best.

Right now, if he tries to cut down on these mistakes, he will lose his best quality , that is his speedy attack. It is a give or take situation for him at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unforced error mostly from insufficient training of the shots... look at Boonsak with LCW at Japan Open previously... he did less unforced error, but the speed and stamina were away left by LCW

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's speed and accuracy. You go for speed and loses the accuracy, it's deemed as a mistake. He needs to practice more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does he progress to qf?any update ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's currently playing on court 1..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope he can make it to qf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daren making a lot of wild shots. He has upped the intensity in the 2nd game though, but still making a lot of errors.

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast