User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright I had it restrung with bg65 at 25lbs. The racquet feels head-heavier than before. No problems clearing, but the racquet didn't feel as powerful as it did before. It's usable, but I don't think I'll use it that much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

I am facing the same problem!
    My Wilson Fierce 2 BLX racket suffered from serious injury after collided with my partner's racket! The frame cracked! I just bought it 7 months ago from Japan, I don't want to throw it away. I expect its useful life to be longer Can we really fix or repair the cracked frame?

Name:  603025_10151590506513042_165354488_n.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  40.9 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the orange string?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbswansea View Post
    What is the orange string?
    The whole world hasn't turned orange all of a sudden . Last time I saw it, it was still strung with a pink string ...
    NBG95 comes in orange in Japan though (to name an orange string; Ashaway has some older model(s) in orange as well)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    The whole world hasn't turned orange all of a sudden . Last time I saw it, it was still strung with a pink string ...
    NBG95 comes in orange in Japan though (to name an orange string; Ashaway has some older model(s) in orange as well)
    Going with BG80P from the distributor, it'll likely be changed to Zymax 65 black soon though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an mx80 repaired a little while ago for about 20 from Electre sports in the UK and I have been playing with it since without any problems. It came back 3mm more HH and 0.75 grams heavier which isn't that much and actually worked pretty well for me as my tastes in racquets are more towards HH and kind of heavy racquets. Because the crack was in the 2 o'clock position the racquet isn't perfect balanced along the shaft and the repaired side is slightly heavier than the other side although the difference isn't noticeable when using it and I only noticed when I had it on a bench once and I noticed it was slowly rolling till the 'heavy' side faced downwards and this took between 4-6 seconds so it is not a major difference at all and I think even the most sensitive players would have difficulty noticing it.

However, annoyingly and worryingly, the new grommet hole isn't in the right place and this has resulted in the cross and main string that pass through it being very noticeably skewed at an angle to the rest of the strings which irks me a fair amount as I worry it's not going to be able to take the higher tensions I used to use with this racquet before the break and I tend to be extra careful every time I get this hole when stringing it for fear of breaking it again. It does play very very similarly to before the break though, with some faint odd vibrations which I think are caused by hitting the skewed strings rather than a problem with the frame. The racquet is as solid as before though and it didn't deform at all after I had strung it but I try to err on the side of caution whenever I string a racquet.

For 20, I have got my 120 racquet back with only very minor differences in playing with it that to me are very easy to ignore all things considered and I use this racquet as a backup/ demanding club game racquet where there is a risk of damaging the racquet but I still need the benefits one gains from a top racquet due to tough competition so I would recommend trying the service if like me you have/had an expensive broken racquet just gathering dust as it is much much cheaper than buying a new one although it won't play or feel quite as good as the original unbroken racquet and this is something you must remember. But if you look at it as buying a racquet for 20, suddenly you are getting tremendous value for your money and it's better than buying a new cheap/mid-end racquet for back up or risk purposes as you sacrifice less of the benefits you gain from your high end racquets and you don't have the broken racquet using up space or causing clutter but it's up to you. Everyone will I'm sure have their own experiences and may not agree with me which is fine. I am only sharing my personal experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2