Voltric 70 vs Voltric 80

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by blue.fired, Apr 22, 2011.

1. blue.fired

blue.fired Regular Member

I have a Voltric 70 (BG 80/23lbs only one string used on it) that i like (4U) as it is very maneuverable. I have, however seen an awful lot of nice things about the 80. My overall feeling of the VT70 is that it is a medium racket that attempts to do nothing brilliantly but everything well, like a mix of a AT900P and Nano 9000. Yonex seems to say it is more head heavy and has this "nanopreme".

Is it worth going for it ?

Must say that i have an AT900 Power (NBG 98/24lbs) which is my favorite (except it being cumbersome to defend with) and an ARC Z Slash coming. Will i have a bit more power + ability out of the VT80?

2. blue.fired

blue.fired Regular Member

I must also add that i would have get this over the MP99 that i expected to go for along with the ARC Z Slash. I always wanted to try it out as i have fond memories of the Muscle power range from my childhood. Any comment on this racket will also be good.

3. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

From my experience of having "played around" and "feeling" both the VT models, I would equate that the VT70 is similar to a very head heavy Ti10 2nd gen and the VT80 a very head heavy Ti10 1st gen, both in terms of shaft stiffness, elasticity and the way they cut through the air when swung. The Ti10 (gen 1 and 2) have always been even balanced to very slightly head heavy while these two Voltrics are about AT900 head heavy. The VT80 is more difficult to master and demands more physical consistency to use properly compared to the easier to use and utilise VT70 although the later is very much slightly "less powerful".

The MP99 on the other hand is a totally different racquet being elastic, even balanced and all around (easy to use). A racquet more similar to the MP99 is the Arcsaber 10.

4. sirbass

sirbass Regular Member

I agree with Blitzzards. The VT 80 is hard to master at first due to its head heaviness; it was hard a first to swing the racket as fast as Im used to and its very tiring to use for long periods of time. I must admit though that it was the first head heavy racket Ive used so that may add to the difficulty that it presented to me. Ive also used the NS 9900, and ARC Z. If you want power then z slash is the most powerful IMO, but its not as consistent or has as stable shots as the VT 80. Even though its head heavy, once you develop the strength and reaction timing to defend smashes, then the VT 80 presents very good control for defense while also delivering strong smashes of its own. I'm sorry that I cant answer your original question of VT 70 or 80 but since u mentioned the Z slash I felt that could shed some perspective there.

Overall if you want pure power then z slash, but its lacking where the VT 80 makes up for more stable and but still pretty powerful shots