Babolat B-Shock (flex) vs Babolat B-Ti (stiff)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by riuryK, Apr 25, 2011.

1. riuryK

riuryK Regular Member

Programmer
    Hi there,

This is my first post here. I wanted to ask you about stiff/flex. I've read a lot about the subject (here and on other sited - by the way there's a great article on it here) , and I think I got the point.

The thing is I don't really know how to define myself as a badminton player. I'm more interested in control than in power. However I love to smash very often whenever I have the opportunity, but again I have to admit that I always favor a well placed smash sacrificing power than a powerfull and not well placed one.

I have a couple of rackets Babolat: B-Shock (flex shaft) and B-Ti (stiff shaft). I was thinking about trying both of them with a series of test to check out which one suits me better.

I was thinking about, for example, performing some strokes for 2-3 minutes, and then inmediately switching the racket, and keeping on doing the same.

I don't know, do you guys have any experience on this, and can you please give me some tips about how to test it?

Thanks in advance.

2. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

I would generally have a partner help out with this. You want to try some overhead clears from the backcourt, both backhand and forehand, and see which feels more comfortable for you. Also try some smash returns from about mid court, also both backhand and forehand. Then do your own smashes from about mid court and also back court. Lastly have your partner return some net shots and make some of your own net shots too to gauge level of control from both these rackets. Doing some of these should cover most of the bases.

I have a B Tour, which is medium flexible, but somewhat head heavy (290 mm). I never really got used to it, and prefer the control that I can get from my stiffer X-Feel Power. Your mileage may vary, however, since racket selection is very, very tied to individual tastes and requirements.