User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 38
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What complements Arcsaber Z-Slash

    Hey guys, can you please help recommend a racket that complements my Arcsaber Z-Slash.

    Not looking for a polar opposite racket...but one that shines in areas that the Z-Slash lacks in. I'm an intermediate player with an aggressive style (however, I still value net play) and I mostly play doubles. Welcome all suggestions from low-end to high-end rackets and any brand is fine.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Regular Member ucantseeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    @home
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In which areas doesn't the Z-Slash work for you? Do you need a stiffer shaft, a heavier head, a bigger head which is more forgiving?
    IMO a 4U Zforce (I or II) is a save bet for offensive doubles player.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    In which areas doesn't the Z-Slash work for you? Do you need a stiffer shaft, a heavier head, a bigger head which is more forgiving?
    IMO a 4U Zforce (I or II) is a save bet for offensive doubles player.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I think I'm looking for a racket with a stiffer shaft and a heavier head. I also feel the Z-Slash is lacking in the "touch/control" area, especially in the front court.

    Thanks for the recommendation of the ZForce! Anyone else want to chime in?

  4. #4
    Regular Member leongwaipak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ZF2 hands down for people who like to smash like me. Stick with 3u if you're reasonably strong, 4u if you can't swing or smash that hard.
    I absolutely love the stiff shaft and head heaviness and oddly enough it doesn't hurt my elbow as much when I've used this heavy and stiff racquet.

    Z speed is another option but not as easy to use as ZF2 imho.
    Smaller head and similar characteristics to the zf2 but took me a couple of weeks to get used to the Z speed. ZF2 was a piece of cake to use if you're used to heavy racquets like the Z slash.
    Last edited by leongwaipak; 12-18-2014 at 04:40 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member leongwaipak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ps. What tension do you normally use with your z slash?
    I've found that the zf2 is not as nice to play with at lower tensions and I usually have it at 28 pounds.

    In terms of touch and net play, I'm not the greatest at the net but the zf2 is still quite capable.
    Quite a few pros use the zf2 and still have great net play. LCW and LD are two pros that use the zf2

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leongwaipak View Post
    Ps. What tension do you normally use with your z slash?
    I've found that the zf2 is not as nice to play with at lower tensions and I usually have it at 28 pounds.

    In terms of touch and net play, I'm not the greatest at the net but the zf2 is still quite capable.
    Quite a few pros use the zf2 and still have great net play. LCW and LD are two pros that use the zf2
    Thanks for the detailed reply! I usually string at 26lbs, so that may be an issue. Another option is the Voltric 80, lots of people love that racket. Decision, decisions...

  7. #7
    Regular Member leongwaipak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Try as many as you can get your hands on and go from there. Try the different tensions as well if you can.

    I never tried the VT80 as I hated my VT70, but since got so many z forces now I'm not going backwards.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    playing the net, especially in doubles, works best with a flexible shaft so, depending on what you're asking for, better netplay and stiffer shaft may be an unmanageable request

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkDawg View Post
    playing the net, especially in doubles, works best with a flexible shaft so, depending on what you're asking for, better netplay and stiffer shaft may be an unmanageable request
    I see. I guess I'd rather get a stiffer shaft than the Z-Slash, but still quick enough maneuverability for doubles.

  10. #10
    Regular Member leongwaipak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've yet to try the arcsaber 11 that Boe/Morgenson uses. I've also tried the Nanoray 900 that Ahsan and Setiawan uses. Again wasn't really impressed with the lack of power (compared to the zf2) but people say control and speed is better.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If Yonex, Voltric 80 would be a good try. More head heavy than the ZSlash and stiffer. Also the bigger frame will help in controlling the shuttle. If you can try the racket at your club, you should do that.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smashikon, Driveland
    Posts
    869
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkDawg View Post
    playing the net, especially in doubles, works best with a flexible shaft so, depending on what you're asking for, better netplay and stiffer shaft may be an unmanageable request
    Sorry, this is bullsh**!!

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dinitial View Post
    If Yonex, Voltric 80 would be a good try. More head heavy than the ZSlash and stiffer. Also the bigger frame will help in controlling the shuttle. If you can try the racket at your club, you should do that.
    Thanks! How do you feel using it in double's? I understand it would be more suitable for a back court player, but how do you think the V80 performs in the front court area?

  14. #14
    Regular Member ucantseeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    @home
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @leongwaipak IMO it's pretty useless to relate and select rackets because of professionals use them. A few use repainted rackets, so judging a racket because Pro XYZ can smash hard with such a racket is nonsense. IMO the skills of the named professionals are far better than the skills of every BC member here. Regardless how good he/she plays. They will beat everyone at BC without much efforts. So it's useless to talk like "Look LCW has an amazing defense, so the VTZFII must be a gorgeous racket".

    The VT80 is a great racket. If you are 50/50 around the net and at the back I would choose a 4U.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    @leongwaipak IMO it's pretty useless to relate and select rackets because of professionals use them. A few use repainted rackets, so judging a racket because Pro XYZ can smash hard with such a racket is nonsense. IMO the skills of the named professionals are far better than the skills of every BC member here. Regardless how good he/she plays. They will beat everyone at BC without much efforts. So it's useless to talk like "Look LCW has an amazing defense, so the VTZFII must be a gorgeous racket".

    The VT80 is a great racket. If you are 50/50 around the net and at the back I would choose a 4U.
    Thank you!

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siege View Post
    Thanks! How do you feel using it in double's? I understand it would be more suitable for a back court player, but how do you think the V80 performs in the front court area?
    I'm on intermediate level. They don't play that fast. Net play is no problem for me. Just hold the racket a little higher at the grip. If they are playing fast at your club, you can consider a lighter version (4u) of the VT80. Otherwise you should consider other rackets (even-balanced Arcsaber or head light Nanaray).

  17. #17
    Regular Member leongwaipak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    @leongwaipak IMO it's pretty useless to relate and select rackets because of professionals use them. A few use repainted rackets, so judging a racket because Pro XYZ can smash hard with such a racket is nonsense. IMO the skills of the named professionals are far better than the skills of every BC member here. Regardless how good he/she plays. They will beat everyone at BC without much efforts. So it's useless to talk like "Look LCW has an amazing defense, so the VTZFII must be a gorgeous racket".

    The VT80 is a great racket. If you are 50/50 around the net and at the back I would choose a 4U.
    Why would it be useless to know what the pro's use? Would it not be a good indicator of how good the racquet is because they are using it?
    When they become a sponsored by Yonex or whichever manufacturer, would they not have a free reign of which racquet they would chose within their product range and would they not chose the best available racquet for themselves to earn their living? I wouldn't have thought that Yonex would restrict which racquets that particular player would use once they are sponsored. I thought Yonex liked to advertise the fact that their sponsored pros give feedback to yonex on a particular racquet to help improve it or the next model they're developing.

    Anyway, I'm not sure which professionals use repainted racquets but I am (genuinely) curious to know who they are, so please do enlighten me or point me in the right direction.
    I do know for a fact that when Lin Dan played in the Australian Super Series tournament earlier this year, some insiders mentioned that he was using a black and unpainted zf2 racquets in the tournament for which he wasn't sponsored by. So would that not be a good indicator of how good this racquet is if he was willing to go against his sponsors who would have been paying him a bucket load of money to actually use their equipment?

    Granted these pro's have better skills than any BC forum members here. I don't think any of us here needs any "IMO" to know that. I think you are stating the very blindingly obvious there.

    I'm more than happy to see @Siege try the VT80 and I hope that it may fit him perfectly. I am honest and admit I haven't tried the VT80 personally but I do believe it is an older model as is the Z-Slash. So I've suggested the ZF2 which is the latest model which I've tried and played quite well with personally but admittedly not against a professional badminton player, whom IMO would whoop my ass on the court regardless of what racquet I use.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •