User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question n50-ii ===> vt80??

Compared to N50-II S2W3 that is still quite difficult for me to explor the power...any input for me to opt 3U or 4U of this gear ?? how about to compare to Kason F9??

Thanx lot anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just used the VT80 and the feeling is they r not as heavy as AT900. love the racket instantly as I have used most of the yonex range racket. Mine is 3UG5 and frankly I feel the head is slightly heavy. Maybe I should try 4u and feedback on the comparison. Can't really use the wrist arm to swing down after using for more than one hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't worry about 3U or 4U, i remember 10 years ago when i used carbonex 21(which i dont use anymore), the weight is 91-92g(2U). the smash was good, i don't realise it is 2U until 3 years ago when i joined this forum and come across related discussion.
    Last edited by HardSmasher; 10-15-2011 at 02:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been playing doubles along time, and i am going to play for single soon.
    My current racket is Ti-10 3rd gen, should i get a 3U or 4U Vt80? My current smashes is quite accurate but lack of explosiveness .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it is worth to consider 4u serious as i am currently own 3u. this is a good racket and i should push my capabilities to the limit of this racket.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have been using the VT80 3UG4, since it's debut. Received my VT80 LTD in 4UG4 last week, and couldn't get used to it after spending 2 hours. Selling it ... got the Nanospeed 700 RP(3UG4) two days ago and it feels like the VT80, and switching between the 2 racquets is quite comfortable and seamless. The only difference is, the Nano700 RP is sharper during smashing, faster and more accurate. My 2 cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any reason you do not get used to the 4UG4 ? is it too light ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khawcy View Post
    any reason you do not get used to the 4UG4 ? is it too light ?
    I think so. More effort in every shot, especially smashing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what tension you are , at that time ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what tension you are , at that time ?
    My favourite tension of 26/28 #s, but with BG85.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No wonder..it's pretty high tension u put. Most yonex 4u weight cant go well with that high tension . Stick with 3G and lower will be best for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No wonder..it's pretty high tension u put. Most yonex 4u weight cant go well with that high tension . Stick with 3G and lower will be best for you.
    I can try that. I've always restring the 3G every 2-3 weeks to keep the tension at about 28 #s, to maintain my play. This is the first time I've used a 4U. Maybe it's a "relativity" thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you may want to try restring tension at 25-26 for the 4U if you still have your racket with you. i bet it will give you very different feel and play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Voltric is a head heavy racquet so naturally it requires certain strength for your arm and wrist to generate the designed power of the racquet (although it is 4U racquet), bear in mind that you might find even some 2U or 3U headlight racquets are much easier to use compare with VT80 4U. Paul (UK coach) did recommend player who using VT80 to practice his armchair exercise if they find VT80 is too stiff/heavy for them.

I have a VT80 4U and I feel it is good enough for double player, if you have really good wrist power and a single player then you can consider 3U. My friend has a VT80 Limited edition 3U and I find it is too heavy for double player or me (not sure if limited edition is naturally heavier than original version though).

It is very important to know your strength to choose a racquet that suit yourself, we commentators here don't know each other's level/strength or type of play so we only can see this as a guide. I been reading forums for sometime I've been struggling which racquets are suit me most and when I'm getting recognise more about my own strength I know I'm now more tendency to head heavy and even balance (stiff) racquet. I've a NS6600 which bought 2 yrs ago, as my arm/wrist strength getting stronger I find VT80 is quite suitable for me, however I never tried even balance racquets before and fortunately I have an apportunity to try a Arcsaber 10 this saturday to decide if head heavy or even balance racquet suit me more.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please keep us informed Ken in your opinions about arc 10.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the advanced girls in my club likes to use the 4U VT80. She says the 3U is too heavy for her.

I personally like the 3U VT80, but to be honest, there's not a big difference for me. I think one would only notice a difference if they are relatively weak. If you're strong enough, you won't notice much difference between 3U and 4U - you'd think they are both "light". However, a 3U could be 89.9g, and a 4U could be 80g - that difference could be quite noticeable. However, a 3U could also be 85g, and a 4U could be 84.9g. This difference of 0.1g would not be so noticeable.

So in the end, there are many factors. But at the end of the day, if you really want to improve, you should be looking at your racket technique, footwork, and fitness. Generally speaking, the actual specifications of the racket are almost negligible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the last 1-2 weeks I have an apportunities to test the Arc 10PG, Arc Z Slash, and Arc 10 Premium 2012. I liked 10 Premium>10PG>Z Slash....

Although I feel 10 Premium can't generate power smash as VT80 does but I feel 10 premium is the best racquet for my single game as it is amazing in control, placement, drive and enough power for smash the shuttle down to oppenent's court where single game doesn't need power smash as double game does.

Although primary racquet for double would be my beloved VT80 but would love to give Arc10 premium a try for slightly easy double games

In summary, I loved ArcSaber 10 Premium 2012 and will get one when i go back to Malaysia in 2 weeks time

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast