User Tag List

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 237
  1. #86
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wah kwun, u got 779? how lucky u r at my place, only 777 & 778 available in the market... 779 havent reach here... actually i wanted to buy 779 also... well, i got my 777 with 28lbs tension... at 1st, it's quite difficult to handle and it needs a lot of power and energy to get the correct sound of smashes ... i admit that this racket has good power for smashing but i guess i need to work out on my arms and shoulder... besides, maybe few more games and i will use to this racket previously i used tornado 800, 700 & warrior 7 to play double and attack power 9 and super power 93 for single game...
    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    not on the 777. i have review of the 779 soon.

  2. #87
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,918
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Flypower Kaldera 779 Badminton Racket Review

    Flypower bursted into the badminton scene a couple of years ago touted as the brand that former Indonesian world champion Heryanto Arbi started. In a very short time Flypower has signed sponsorship with number one Indonesian pair Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan as well as the whole Djarum badminton club of badminton players.

    Needless to say that I have been very curious with the quick rise in popularity of the Flypower brand. Flypower USA shortly signed with Flypower to be the main distributor and have provided BadmintonCentral with a few test rackets.

    The Kaldera 779 is the 3rd Flypower racket i tested. The Kaldera 779 is a thead heavy racket that is suitable for lower advanced player.

    Let’s first start with the aesthetic of the racket. The Flypower Kaldera 779 has very striking and unique design, The racket is an interlude between a red/cream colored batik pattern and solid black color. The very ethnic red / cream color pattern occupid the bottom ⅔ of the shaft, the 5/7 o’clock as well as the 11 to 1 o’clock of the frame. At the 3/9 o’clock black positions has writings of “Superior Graphite” and “Power source system” which gives a hint on how the racket actually plays.

    Top it off with some white and silver accents completes the design. This original design stem from the Indonesian origin of the Flypower brand and really make the racket design very unique indeed.

    Whether one likes the pattern might boil down to personal preference. I certainly would not be held back by the design but some customers might. And especially when one finds out how well it plays, the appearance might not be an important factor anymore.

    My sample racket weighs in a 87.5 grams and a balance point of 298.5mm which puts it squarely at the heavy offensive range.

    The mainly Batik styled non-tapered shaft measures a uniform 7.2mm in thickness throughout. The thicker shaft means a stiffer feel which agree with my dry bending test. The frame shape is a mid-isometric shaped. The bottom part of the frame starts with a box-shaped profile with a thickness of 10.5mm and taper down to a thickness of 10.15mm at mid-frame and then down to 9.75mm at the top of the frame.

    A pretty standard 72 holes shared holes pattern which seems to be preferred by many of the attack oriented rackets, this finishes the mechanical design of the frame. I have not received any information on the actual material used.

    The racket held up very well on the stringing machine despite being laced with Victor VS850 string at a high tension of 28.5lbs. The racket didn’t budge at all under those forces. The recommended tension of 28-30lbs thus to me feels a bit conservative and i believe it can easily hold a few more pounds.

    Grommets are the standard Flypower issue. Thin non-shared grommet that let’s the string hugs the frame tightly to give better feel, as well as generously wide shared grommet which made threading the shared hole quite straight forward.

    Now onto actualy testing...

    The Kaldera 779 has a pretty hefty balance. It is apparently when comparing against other Flypower offerings like the Tornado 900. However, in comparison it is still not as super heavy as say a Yonex VT80.

    While I didn’t receive much info on the composition of the racket, the feel of the racket turns out to be rather excellent. The Kaldera 779 has more forgiving medium stiff shaft that is very lively. The impact against the shuttle is solid and repulsion is really nice on medium strength shots. A mid court smash is merely just a wrist snap and the racket will do the rest of the job.

    Dampening is well controlled and leans towards underdamped which i really like as it provides very good feel of the shuttle impact.

    Drive and defense is slightly slow due to the heftier balance but I personally find it is still acceptable. For what it lack in speed it makes it up with excellent repulsion and stability so once impact is made, the shuttle bounces back to the other side fast and deep.

    Net and push shots are excellent with very good feedback on the impact as well as very good stability of the racket head. Deflection is well controlled.

    Clears are also not a problem with the Kaldera 779. The medium speed shots give ample time to accelerate the racket and the solid impact feels very good on the clear and drop shots.

    Smashing is also rather excellent. Most intermediate players will be well match with the smash speed. The higher mass and momentum, as well as lively and solid feel of the racket make it a very suitable offensive racket for intermediate to upper intermediate players with some headroom to grow. Heaviest smashes on this racket comes out with a BOOM instead of a whack sound.

    Overall I am surprised by the performance of the Kaldera 799. Slightly overshadowed by the exposures of the other series like Tornado and Warriors, I think players should give the Kaldera 779 a deeper look. The head heavy balance, medium stiff shaft and forgiving character is especially suitable for upper intermediate offensive players. It will be an excellent racket for someone who like to attack at the back court.

    Name:  2M6Q5944.jpg
Views: 1800
Size:  136.6 KBName:  2M6Q5939.jpg
Views: 1484
Size:  111.3 KBName:  2M6Q5940.jpg
Views: 1627
Size:  122.3 KBName:  2M6Q5942.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  96.6 KB

  3. #88
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmasherKing View Post
    it's el-nino series... definitely not kaldera... im still waiting for this racket to reach my hometown market... hehehe
    Here are some closer pics of the El Nino 07
    Name:  el nino 07-1.jpg
Views: 1568
Size:  15.4 KBName:  el nino 07-2.jpg
Views: 1548
Size:  21.8 KBName:  el nino 07-3.jpg
Views: 1761
Size:  18.8 KB

    And the 'sibling': El Nino 08 (3-4gr lighter)

    Name:  el nino 08-1.jpg
Views: 1731
Size:  16.1 KBName:  el nino 08-2.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  22.3 KBName:  el nino 08-3.jpg
Views: 1602
Size:  18.5 KB

  4. #89
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    cant wait for this racket to reach my place... another collection of my asg @ flypower racket... hehehe... flypower is my favourite brand :P
    Quote Originally Posted by dm8988 View Post
    Here are some closer pics of the El Nino 07
    Name:  el nino 07-1.jpg
Views: 1568
Size:  15.4 KBName:  el nino 07-2.jpg
Views: 1548
Size:  21.8 KBName:  el nino 07-3.jpg
Views: 1761
Size:  18.8 KB

    And the 'sibling': El Nino 08 (3-4gr lighter)

    Name:  el nino 08-1.jpg
Views: 1731
Size:  16.1 KBName:  el nino 08-2.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  22.3 KBName:  el nino 08-3.jpg
Views: 1602
Size:  18.5 KB

  5. #90
    Regular Member Benwilluk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does anyone know the specs of the El Nino 7 and 8 and whether they can be shipped to the UK?

  6. #91
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    im a kaldera 777 & 779 admirer... i dont really like 778 design... btw, i just tried my kaldera 777 just now... still not use to it... have to switch to warrior 7 in the middle of the game... hehehe... need to use dumbell and build up more muscle on my arms... got shoulder ache now ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Flypower Kaldera 779 Badminton Racket Review

    Flypower bursted into the badminton scene a couple of years ago touted as the brand that former Indonesian world champion Heryanto Arbi started. In a very short time Flypower has signed sponsorship with number one Indonesian pair Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan as well as the whole Djarum badminton club of badminton players.

    Needless to say that I have been very curious with the quick rise in popularity of the Flypower brand. Flypower USA shortly signed with Flypower to be the main distributor and have provided BadmintonCentral with a few test rackets.

    The Kaldera 779 is the 3rd Flypower racket i tested. The Kaldera 779 is a thead heavy racket that is suitable for lower advanced player.

    Let’s first start with the aesthetic of the racket. The Flypower Kaldera 779 has very striking and unique design, The racket is an interlude between a red/cream colored batik pattern and solid black color. The very ethnic red / cream color pattern occupid the bottom ⅔ of the shaft, the 5/7 o’clock as well as the 11 to 1 o’clock of the frame. At the 3/9 o’clock black positions has writings of “Superior Graphite” and “Power source system” which gives a hint on how the racket actually plays.

    Top it off with some white and silver accents completes the design. This original design stem from the Indonesian origin of the Flypower brand and really make the racket design very unique indeed.

    Whether one likes the pattern might boil down to personal preference. I certainly would not be held back by the design but some customers might. And especially when one finds out how well it plays, the appearance might not be an important factor anymore.

    My sample racket weighs in a 87.5 grams and a balance point of 298.5mm which puts it squarely at the heavy offensive range.

    The mainly Batik styled non-tapered shaft measures a uniform 7.2mm in thickness throughout. The thicker shaft means a stiffer feel which agree with my dry bending test. The frame shape is a mid-isometric shaped. The bottom part of the frame starts with a box-shaped profile with a thickness of 10.5mm and taper down to a thickness of 10.15mm at mid-frame and then down to 9.75mm at the top of the frame.

    A pretty standard 72 holes shared holes pattern which seems to be preferred by many of the attack oriented rackets, this finishes the mechanical design of the frame. I have not received any information on the actual material used.

    The racket held up very well on the stringing machine despite being laced with Victor VS850 string at a high tension of 28.5lbs. The racket didn’t budge at all under those forces. The recommended tension of 28-30lbs thus to me feels a bit conservative and i believe it can easily hold a few more pounds.

    Grommets are the standard Flypower issue. Thin non-shared grommet that let’s the string hugs the frame tightly to give better feel, as well as generously wide shared grommet which made threading the shared hole quite straight forward.

    Now onto actualy testing...

    The Kaldera 779 has a pretty hefty balance. It is apparently when comparing against other Flypower offerings like the Tornado 900. However, in comparison it is still not as super heavy as say a Yonex VT80.

    While I didn’t receive much info on the composition of the racket, the feel of the racket turns out to be rather excellent. The Kaldera 779 has more forgiving medium stiff shaft that is very lively. The impact against the shuttle is solid and repulsion is really nice on medium strength shots. A mid court smash is merely just a wrist snap and the racket will do the rest of the job.

    Dampening is well controlled and leans towards underdamped which i really like as it provides very good feel of the shuttle impact.

    Drive and defense is slightly slow due to the heftier balance but I personally find it is still acceptable. For what it lack in speed it makes it up with excellent repulsion and stability so once impact is made, the shuttle bounces back to the other side fast and deep.

    Net and push shots are excellent with very good feedback on the impact as well as very good stability of the racket head. Deflection is well controlled.

    Clears are also not a problem with the Kaldera 779. The medium speed shots give ample time to accelerate the racket and the solid impact feels very good on the clear and drop shots.

    Smashing is also rather excellent. Most intermediate players will be well match with the smash speed. The higher mass and momentum, as well as lively and solid feel of the racket make it a very suitable offensive racket for intermediate to upper intermediate players with some headroom to grow. Heaviest smashes on this racket comes out with a BOOM instead of a whack sound.

    Overall I am surprised by the performance of the Kaldera 799. Slightly overshadowed by the exposures of the other series like Tornado and Warriors, I think players should give the Kaldera 779 a deeper look. The head heavy balance, medium stiff shaft and forgiving character is especially suitable for upper intermediate offensive players. It will be an excellent racket for someone who like to attack at the back court.

    Name:  2M6Q5944.jpg
Views: 1800
Size:  136.6 KBName:  2M6Q5939.jpg
Views: 1484
Size:  111.3 KBName:  2M6Q5940.jpg
Views: 1627
Size:  122.3 KBName:  2M6Q5942.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  96.6 KB

  7. #92
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    except warrior 7, flypower got other light head racket? why warrior series so much expensive then tornada series?

  8. #93
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    in my opinion, Warriors series is a bit more for advance player.

  9. #94
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    o agree with u... besides, this racket is suitable for a control type of player... for double, suits for front court coverage...
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyore12345 View Post
    in my opinion, Warriors series is a bit more for advance player.

  10. #95
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think most of flypower racket are head heavy racket... (except warrior series which is specially design for hendra setiawan)... does el-nino has the same specification as warrior series?
    Quote Originally Posted by ycsia View Post
    except warrior 7, flypower got other light head racket? why warrior series so much expensive then tornada series?

  11. #96
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmasherKing View Post
    i think most of flypower racket are head heavy racket... (except warrior series which is specially design for hendra setiawan)... does el-nino has the same specification as warrior series?
    then too bad i prefer head light or even balance racket then warrior serioes is my only choice, but its price is much expensive
    then tornada series , bro can tell how much u pay for warrior series?

  12. #97
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my warrior 7 cost about rm399... well, i would suggest u to try attack power series either 7,8 or 9 if u prefer light head racket... this model has a medium frame weight... unfortunately, this model is not used by any pro player hehehe... but the price is quite affordable (between RM180 to RM240)...
    Quote Originally Posted by ycsia View Post
    then too bad i prefer head light or even balance racket then warrior serioes is my only choice, but its price is much expensive
    then tornada series , bro can tell how much u pay for warrior series?

  13. #98
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benwilluk View Post
    Does anyone know the specs of the El Nino 7 and 8 and whether they can be shipped to the UK?
    El Nino 07
    weight 86+-2gr
    flex 8.3-8.6mm
    balance 290+-5mm

    El Nino 08
    weight 82+-2gr
    same flex and balance

  14. #99
    Regular Member Benwilluk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dm8988 View Post
    El Nino 07weight 86+-2grflex 8.3-8.6mmbalance 290+-5mmEl Nino 08weight 82+-2grsame flex and balance
    Thanks - excuse my ignorance but does that flex translate to medium or medium stiff or stiffThanks

  15. #100
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benwilluk View Post
    Thanks - excuse my ignorance but does that flex translate to medium or medium stiff or stiffThanks
    I suppose its medium

  16. #101
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    359
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    El Nino 07 pretty much same design with this

  17. #102
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nowhere close quality wise...

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Arbi Flypower Tornado 800 and Zelm PP9990K for sale - SG
    By ishahloveain in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 7
    : 12-19-2011, 10:01 PM
  2. FS: 【※Kumpoo, Flypower Arbi, Yonex bags for sale ※】
    By demoniez in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 08-07-2011, 11:47 AM
  3. Anything About Flypower @ Arbi Sporting Goods ASG
    By abimo79 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 07-25-2011, 08:19 PM
  4. Heryanto Arbi
    By skerning in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 23
    : 01-29-2010, 10:16 AM
  5. Hariyanto Arbi
    By Kelly in forum General Forum
    Replies: 12
    : 04-24-2001, 05:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •