User Tag List

Thread: Lethal 110

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lethal 110

Woohoo this just in from apacs Canada! Anyways, I saw no reviews on this racket yet except for the one on Minh Tran's blog so I want to post one for it. Anyways hopefully I can get it strung soon and ready to play with!

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1407716974887.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  57.3 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1407717006981.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  39.5 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1407717032362.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  41.2 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1407717053739.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  41.1 KB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No review yet, but here is a link to Minh Tran's review on the 110

http://minhqtran.blogspot.com/2012/0...10-racket.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just had a two hour session with my 110s so I'm going to post my initial impressions. My current go to rackets are the apacs virtuoso performance and tantrum 200. I will be comparing the lethal 110 international racket to them. I have it strung with hi qua b696 at 28 lbs and am using an rkep g10 grip with one layer of prewrap underneath it to make the racket a modified g5.

Overall feel: it is definitely a head heavy racket. Compared to the avp and t200 it is definitely head heavy. However this isn't really a bad thing, the weight does help with clears and smashes a lot. The frame is extremely stable as is typical for most high end rackets. The frame feels as stable at the tantrum 200 and more stable then the avp. The shaft is between stiff and very stiff, a little bit stiffer then the t200. It uses an isometric head shape that is relatively aerodynamic. Now onto how it plays.

Drives: drives with this racket are fairly easy, the frame is really stable and the stiff shaft allows for more control while driving. Although it is not as aerodynamic as the avp or as light as the t200, the drives with this racket are still alright.

Clears: adjusting to the weight of this racket did take some time and I wasn't used to the weight or how it is not as aerodynamic as the ago or light as the t200. However the clears were easier after some adjustment and the weight in the head really helps a lot.

Drops: overhead drops were very easy to do but since drops are more touch shots, any racket with adequate string should be able to perform more or less the same with proper form. The stiff shaft helped and drops were not a problem. However due to the weight of the racket, maneuvering it may become a problem.

Lifts: backhand Lifts with this racket are difficult, it it stiff and heavy , however forehand lifts are good with this racket. Since the backhand lift is affected by the weight of this racket, I will have to say that htis racket does suffer defensively.

Smashes: now this is where the racket shines. Smashes were excellent. It was very easy to push the bird down with this racket. The response that is transmitted through the shaft feels excellent and I honestly think with more adjustment my smashes would be strongest with this racket. Absolute 10/10.

Conclusion: this racket is definitely not for beginners. The stiff shaft and weight will make it very difficult to maneuver and use without proper form. The racket is definitely an excellent head heavy racket and I feel it would be more suitable for singles. The head is very stable and it feels like an all out offensive racket for extremely aggressive players. These are just my initial impressions and I will post more findings after using this racket. Feel free to ask me any questions about this racket or post your findings on it. Thanks badminton central!!!

Offense: 10/10
    Defense 7/10
    Maneuverability:7/10
    Control:9/10
    Value :10/10 (got two and a triple compartment bag for 210 USD(
    Overall: 8.6/10

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1407982857371.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  60.1 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1407982870071.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  47.9 KB
    Last edited by esa490; 08-13-2014 at 09:47 PM.