User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Babolat Play (Tennis Racquet)

Forget the fact this is a Tennis racquet, it's the technology i'm interested in and the potential to use it in badminton.

Babolat Play is the first connected tennis racket and is approved by the ITF. Babolat have changed the classic Pure Drive into a connected Pure Drive, by replacing dead weight in the handle with an integrated electronic sensor which gathers data. The information can be used as a training tool or to help improve specific areas of your game.

Racket is supported by a free App available on both Apple and Android systems. Connection is made via Bluetooth and data transmitted. The data is then analysed to provide a breakdown of your game. It shows which shots were used and where on the racket they were hit. A Pulse graph shows technique, power and endurance. There is a dedicated website offering support and help.
    Whilst i'm no engineer, I see no reason why this couldn't be used in a badminton racquet handle. One problem would be badminton racquets don't last as long as tennis racquets, so a feature to unscrew the handle and attach it to another racquet would be nice.

Right now it's very expensive, 349.99. I wonder if Babolat have a patent on the technology or if other brands can use it too. I'd definitely be interested to try it.

Here's some of the features

Name:  bbplay.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  46.7 KBName:  bbp2.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  32.4 KBName:  bbp3.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  29.9 KBName:  bbp4.PNG
Views: 294
Size:  46.5 KBName:  bbpg.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  28.7 KB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The idea is really cool, but it looks like it would require a bigger and clunkier racket to fit all of that technology into.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, should be totally transferable, but they'd have to make it smaller & lighter - no doubt driving up the cost!

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.zepp.com/zepp-labs-unveil...orts-platform/

Already introduced for tennis, baseball, and golf, this would be easier to adapt to badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder this ZEPP sensor would adapt to badminton play?