Flypower Arbi fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TheSmasherKing, Apr 26, 2011.

1. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    welcome to flypower fan... i love this brand so much and i also have 3 rackets and several jersey under this brand... it's an affordable & quality brand for me... let us give any opinion & comment on this brand... come and share your experience here... :)

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Thank you for creating this thread. This can perhaps combine many other separate threads into one.

My experience so far using Flypower products (Rackets, shoes, and cloths) is very good. Warrior 8 is at the moment my number 1 racket for playing single. I also own 1 pair of Flypower shoes (Red Spider2) which i bought last year and still look like new now, Im sure it will last for another 2 yrs or more (unless i use it for swimming lol). Some other Flypower stuff that i have are mainly shirts which I also find it fine to wear (beside that brown batik shirt that look like I was giong to a wedding lol - but i still wear it sometimes just to promote Indonesian culture overseas)

For those who are still not too familiar with Flypower, list below are few other threads related to Flypower Specific product or news.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/91855-Flypower-(indonesia)?highlight=flypower

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-and-Hendra-s-new-racquets?highlight=flypower

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-and-Hendra-s-batik-shirts?highlight=flypower

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...nyone-else-have-a-flypower?highlight=flypower

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ido-Hendra-sign-FLYPOWER-!?highlight=flypower

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/89657-Flypower-products?highlight=flypower

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...FLYPOWER-Warriors-7-review?highlight=flypower

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...FLYPOWER-Warriors-8-review?highlight=flypower

3. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    i agree with you... flypower or known as asg at my place is a quality brand... i have warrior 7, tornado 800 , attack power 9 & 7 with batik jersey (black/red and blue/white)... the price is affordable... i really see the potential of this brand in the market... suits my game ...

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I see. ASG stands for Arbi Sporting Goods??

5. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    hehehe... im not sure about that.. when flypower 1st came to my area, it was known as flypower arbi... but after few months, trhey have changed its name to Asg...when i ask the seller, they've told me that asg brand is actually flypower but the name is use for international market (outside indonesia)... at the same time they also change the logo... well you can check at this website for more info : www.asg-arbi.com

6. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

I have an Enigma 900 racquet and Phantom shoes. Can I join the club? :)

7. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    sure mongoose... welcome to the club... hehehe... it's great to meet new friends using the same brand of racket... anyway, can you share your experience using enigma 900? we would love to know...:)

8. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Yup looks like the old logo is the same logo that Flypower Taiwan was using. I wonder if Flypower (Taiwan) still produces any new racket with the old logo?

9. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

The Enigma 900 is head heavy and has medium stiffness (ie not very stiff). Compared to all the Yonex racquets that I have used, I feel that it has similar balance and stiffness to the Muscle Power 88. But this is just based on my "feel" and not actual measurements.

10. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Thats right, Flypower rackets tend to be not as stiff as YY or Victor extra stiff category. But its stiff enough IMO. BTW do you use your Enigma 900 for single or double?

11. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

BTW did you get your batik jersey from Malaysia too?? I think the blue one is the most good looking as it does not look too traditional. I have not seen either the red/black or blue/white batik jersey here at my place.

12. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

I agree. The stiffness is just right. I now find Yonex top-end racquets too stiff for me. As I am not a strong player, the Enigma helps alot in generating more power in my shots. I only play doubles now as I am already past 40. :)

13. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    yup... i bought the blue batik here in malaysia few weeks ago... i like the colour (besides hendra - markis wore the jersey during asian games 2010)... the black n red jersey also nice... here are the pics:
    aGivmIgGaz.jpg kTwlG8LZ3w.jpg

14. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    images.jpg 41479_100001586514857_2998_n.jpg the old flypower logo is almost the same as apacs logo... i think maybe that's why they have changed it to new logo.. :)

#14 TheSmasherKing, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  15. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I still like the blue one better, dont know why :)

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

You are lucky as they say "Life starts at 40" :)

17. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    do u think flypower racket suits for single player? i bought flypower racket for doubles game only... as far as i know, i havent seen any single pro badminton player sponsored by flypower except markis-hendra for double... does flypower sponsor any single player?

18. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Oh yes, the whole PB Djarum players (including) the single players are sponsored by Flypower. Is it good for singles?? It's really depending on preference I guess. Myself coming from mainly playing doubles using head light extra stiff rackets eg. BS10 and NS9900, hence adjusting to something more balance like Warrior 8 it's just perfect. Honestly, head heavy rackets such as AT900 or N90 is just a bit too hard to handle for me.

19. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Warrior 8 is the first racket I have seen using woven pattern. I believe it not the first to have it, does anyone know where does the woven tech comes from? Not Yonex right?

20. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    thanx for the info... now i realize that flypower sponsored both single & double players... i agree that at900 & n90 are too hard to handle... flypower gives more control and comfort while hitting the shuttlecock... that's why i prefer using tornado 800 & warrior 7 while playing double...