Should i just give up on life?

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by Chinny, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Chinny

Chinny Regular Member

So after working up the balls to string another racket after destroying my armortec 900 while stringing i decided to try to string my isometric 62 MF. I strung up to the 8th main then ...CRACKKK *FFFUUUU*. So the first racket i broke was because i idiotically left the tennis weight on my stringing machine on so i was stringing at 50lbs instead of 21lbs. But this time i learned from my mistake and had it set properly. So I'm just curious what your thoughts are as to the reason why the frame snapped. It looked pretty compressed vertically as i was stringing but i thought it was gonna be okay since it was only at 21lbs. Could it be that i'm setting it up wrong? the machine is a silentpartner swing and only has 2 point support for badminton rackets. Or could it be the racket? I've been using it on and off for the past 8 years.

Thanks, any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. solar

solar Regular Member

Chemical engineering student
  3. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

I'd say there's a good chance your mountings are moving inwards. They should be fixed hard enough to stay in place but are not, so the racket has insufficient support when you start tensioning and the sides crack under the pressure.

I've regularly strung up to 30 lbs on a 2 point machine, it's no problem, but make sure the mounts don't slip.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I don't string now, but in those days when i did, I avoided the 2 point machines

5. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

David 14700 is surely right. Something isn't tight enough on your machine if you could see the racket compressing as you strung the first half-dozen mains. Check every nut and bolt and try again ..... perhaps with a $10 backyard racket :(;)

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that sucks.

even if you have use the correct scale, are you sure that they are correct?

i have a friend who's machine give out 25 actual lbs even when the scale reads 21lbs.