Playing with Glasses

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by bazzaman, Apr 26, 2011.

1. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    I normally wear contacts in one eye (the other needs a toric and the slightest rotation makes it a total blur so I dont use it)

I wanna give glasses another try so I can actually see with both eyes!

So any ideas what I should go for? Would reactolight help for when the birdie goes into the lights etc and do i need goggle type for full range vision.

2. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

I wear normal soft contacts even though I require toric. Yes, it is a bit blurry, but (to me, at least) less of a hassle than glasses.

3. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    When the toric rotates its so distracting I have to shut that eye to keep on playing.

When I play with glasses theres so much glare when I look up at the lights.

4. nbonkowsky

nbonkowsky Regular Member

Athlete/Coach
    I wear glasses to play regardless of what level of tournament it is from provincial to international I wear the same pair without a strap or anything. I feel the most important thing is that you get a pair that fits your head great so that it won't move around and fall off when playing. That being said style might be sacrificed a little bit but most glasses should stay on pretty well regardless of how intense your matches get, if you need you can always use a strap to keep them secured to your head.

I opted for rimless but thats just me I have never played with glasses that have a rim so I can't comment on those. Likewise I have polycarbonate lenses in there but I feel that's pretty much standard for most glasses these days. I have some anti glare stuff on it but if I look into the light it is almost the same as if I dont have glasses on and look into the light. So use your discression with regards to that, depends how sensitive your eyes are to light. Other than that hope that everything goes well with your glasses selection and that your able to find a pair that works if you do choose to give them another try.

5. van de nan

van de nan Regular Member

planner
    I wore glasses too..and also thinking of using contact lens but i'm afraid i'll get sore eyes..

6. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I have done both and wearing glasses screws me up because i have to turn my head more and have more difficulties seeing opponents when the shuttle is coming towards me on a clear.