Coin: London 2012 50p Sports Collection - Badminton

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Avenger, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
  2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Why order ? Just go to your local newsagents and ask the guy behind the till, to see if he has any Olympic 50p, then trade the normal ones, for the limited edition ones :) this is what I have been doing :p

3. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    lol!

just order 2 of them, for souvenir :)
    I want mint condition coin
    and also I add it as extra since I'm ordering another coin which is royal wedding coin (Prince William and Catherine)

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Mine are in mint condition as well, I have coins foe the other sports aswell :)
    Just lost all respect for you :p:p:p

5. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    why? :p

bought some coins.. in total, £33
    yeah, bought the nickle one for royal wedding coin, not silver, gold or platinum
    my father said it is not worth it, it is too new (but still insist to buy the nickel one..)

they have complete set of the 50p sport collection, they sell it for £80

it is strange to buy money with money lol.. :D

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

You have bought royal wedding memorabilia, for me thats a big no no :p:p:p All that useless junk, like the mugs, and commemorative plates and stuff. Just a huge waste of money, and it just gathers up dust. Frankly, the only positive thing about this wedding is that I get the day off ! So I will spend the day studying or on here.:)

I would imagine it would be strange buying money with money :p I have never done that before :p I just swap coins instead :)

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    gentlemen,

some people like to collect. some don't.

just leave it at that. ;)

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

same, as people collect badminton rackets ;) I am just fed up with allthe hype thats all :) I suppose it isn't as bad in the US as itbis here.:)

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

"Money makes the world go round" :p

[​IMG]

There's a whole series of these commemorable coins and they are €5 for €5 and are (of course) legal tender as mentioned top-right. Only have a few since they used to sell out in no time at the post office (due to all the actual collector/traders). Now we don't even have a post office anymore (due to cost cutting) in the 5/6th largest city of the country so it's mailorder @ €3 extra shipping :rolleyes:. These of course the cheapaz version, also available in silver and gold in proof quality.

Anyway this Japan one is to commemorate 400 years of trade with Holland (+ came with a token with your name in japanese on it like these:
    http://www.mobypicture.com/user/Seraphinne/view/479782/sizes/full
    http://www.jezuss.nl/pictures/peter.jpg)

As for the Royal Wedding one :D, makes a nice gift for mother's day ;). And they are having it on my birthday so that date is on it as well (which of course was/is emperor's day in Japan as well [​IMG])

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#9 demolidor, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  10. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    yeah, my father wants the memorabilia :)
    the royal wedding coin is £5 coin for £10, so.. not bad I think (especially for limited edition 250K piece only)

another one that I bought is London 2012 countdown, £5 for £5 so yeah, it's like swapping coins :p

looks nice demolidor, I want one :)

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes I get them because I like the designs :cool: Here is the complete series up to now: http://www.herdenkingsmunt.nl/sanas...irculatie&navid=14440000000043_14440000000102 (copy the names and paste in google search for better pics)

I see it's actually cheaper to get the wedding coin from England than it is to buy it here and that includes postage :D. Think I will order the latest two of the above series (Japan, Manhattan, etc. series) now that they are still available in the "special" packaging like the Japan one (credit card format, apparently called coincards): the 01 and 02 in the link.
    Otherwise they will send it like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The van Gogh one is particularly nice, also don't have that one :eek:. Only have like five of the series from when I actually remembered to get one and weren't sold out already. I have 2 Japan ones, maybe someday I can trade it with you if I don't need it for trade to get the rest of the series :D. Will see how far I get first ...

[​IMG]

#11 demolidor, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011