03-27-2012, 09:10 PM #273
Oh my God.... Good to you, Kwun...
I am expecting more reviews for those Zymax 65
I wish i could try those Zymax strings.....
Too bad, our local retailer in here still have the old packaging in stock, & saying that the new package is nothing different compared to the old one...
I will just have to wait for them to stock up the new package...
03-27-2012, 09:36 PM #274
The Zymax 62 I got looks like this.
The string is not white. Looks like platinum.
03-28-2012, 02:10 AM #275
03-28-2012, 02:11 AM #276
03-28-2012, 05:19 AM #277
Optic yellow also lookes pretty cool
03-28-2012, 05:24 AM #278
03-28-2012, 08:59 AM #279
I found a old post saying white ZM string are the best in both performance and durability, anyone can confirm this? Does string colour really make a difference?
03-28-2012, 09:05 AM #280
03-28-2012, 10:07 AM #281
A little bit on the Zymax 65: I got the red one so I can only comment on that really.
- I find that the string coating is very similar to the 2nd generation Zymax for example the 67 which is somewhat rough like a super fine emery board and is not waxy at all. This makes weaving during stringing a bit uncomfortable compared to usual but negligible. One can imagine that this texture will BITE at the shuttle every time it comes in contact with it.
- The 65 literally does not stretch at all under tension (maybe I wasnt pulling at high tensions 24x26), and if it does, it is just ever so slightly.
Initial feel after stringing:
- String bed feels very repulsive with quite a stiff bed, high pitched metallic sounds as expected from a thin string when bounced against the hand or any other objects.
- It is very easy power right from the first hit, especially power shots. And as expected, the string bites onto the shuttle upon contact and maintains a lot of control from it after as well.
- Shots were crisp and sounds were high pitched as expected. Surprisingly, it did not have the WOW factor like the 62 had on me when I first tried the 62. The 65 performed well in all areas but maybe I was so addicted to the 62 whereas the feeling of the 65 was blunted.
- Medium to Medium Hard feeling.
- Lastly, I find it very hard to control my serve with the 65. I do not know why but maybe its the repulsion from the string coupled with the bite of the shuttle. I had to make adjustments to my serve.
- Also, durability wise, it is definitely a step forward with the 65 compared to the 62. It took quite a beating but still broke at the top left corner when was going for a 50-50 jump out smash but heck, most strings would snap anyways if it was that particular shot.
Summary: out of a 10 scale
Power / Repulsion: 9.5
Hitting Sound: 9.0
Control / Bite of the shuttle: 9.0 (too much bite really for my liking)
Shock Absorption: 9.0 (Hits were crisp and clean, there was no lingering vibrations after)
Durability: 7.5 (Still breaks from mishits, but hey, what do you expect from a thin string?)
03-28-2012, 10:08 AM #282
03-29-2012, 08:53 AM #283
03-29-2012, 09:24 AM #284
Since I also bought z62, z67, and z70 in different colors, I will try to test them out and let you guys know more about them later.
eric0630 liked this post
03-29-2012, 11:33 AM #285
Ordered 5 packs of Zymax65 from Stringer's World. Worked out to be ~USD5.60 per pack including shipping, not too bad. Hopefully MBS can stock it soon and be cheaper than that.
03-29-2012, 02:20 PM #286
Happy day today - finally got my hands on my first reel of Z65!! So should be able to string up one of the racquets and test it out soon. The Z65 is marginally redder than the red BG66UM, but similar to the Z67. Hope you guys/gals out there get your Z65 soon too!
03-29-2012, 02:41 PM #287
damn that's a lot of reels. are you running a stringing business?
03-30-2012, 03:30 AM #288
Maklike Tier liked this post
03-30-2012, 03:37 AM #289
I need some red Ultimax. When can you buy it in a packet???
I see a BG66U vs ZM65 shoot out coming soon!
Now, that means I'm gunna need two identical rackets, so do I get another C7, MX60, BS11 or TSF500......or do I buy two TSF300Ti or BSLYD???
Last edited by Maklike Tier; 03-30-2012 at 03:39 AM.
By maa2003 in forum Market PlaceReplies: 15: 04-26-2012, 08:45 PM
By drew tze en in forum Badminton StringReplies: 2: 03-24-2012, 04:58 PM
By dawei94 in forum Market PlaceReplies: 11: 12-03-2009, 08:50 PM
By huangxl in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 1: 11-19-2009, 12:42 AM
By sef3mb in forum Badminton StringReplies: 0: 09-24-2009, 12:56 AM