User Tag List

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to buy some zymax but need more informations before.
    How feel zymax 62, zymax 67 and zymax 70 ? Are there hard feeling ? Can you also compare feeling with BG80, BG66UM ?
    The most important thing for me in a string is hard feeling like BG80, I also have tried BG66UM before and didn't like it because off is soft feeling.

I also would like to know when zymax 65 will be release in UK, and if a lucky guy have test it, same question : How it feel ?

Thank you in advance
    1Badiste

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZM67 is closer to BG80 than it is VS850. ZM62 is even 'crisper' too - I'm running it on my BS 11 at 23x24lbs, and it's the equivalent of at .068 string at about 26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know anyone who have tried the Zymax 65? Has any online retailer sold it and ship internationally? Thanks for your info.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^u can ask ashawayusa.com if they ship international. probably comes out cheaper than if you buy from distributors.

anyway, from the stats taken from the website, the zm65 is better than zm67... just by the numbers. see how zm65 is 10, 9 under playability and durability whereas zm67 is 9.5 , 9 respectively. any thoughts? http://ashawayusa.com/BadmintonIndexV2.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just contacted Ashaway earlier this week for Zymax65 and unfortunately they do not ship internationally. They advised me to contact the local distributor in order to buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like many people are waiting for trying Zymax 65.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maklike Tier : Ok so ZM 62 is harder feeling compare with other strings ?
    How good is VS850, I never tried it ?
    Did you try ZM 70 ?

Dunmaster : Yes, I think too and I'm one of them.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Badiste View Post
    Maklike Tier : Ok so ZM 62 is harder feeling compare with other strings ?
    How good is VS850, I never tried it ?
    Did you try ZM 70 ?

Dunmaster : Yes, I think too and I'm one of them.
    I'm not sure why people are hanging out for ZM65 - we're talking 0.02 of a MILLIMETER difference in diameter. I can't imagine it could be much of an improvement over ZM67, unless its composition is different.

1Bad, as I've mentioned before, VS850 has amazing feel to it, but it's tension loss at the end of the day becomes quite a pain in the butt. If you've got 2-3 rackets on constant rotation or string your own rackets it would be awesome, but as I don't, I find ZM67 a better overall package.

ZM62 is a very crisp and repulsive string and I like it. However it does seem to concentrate the sweetspot a little meaning you have to be on your game a bit more to fully utilise it. Show bad technique or get a bit lazy and you'll know about it.
    Coming from a 0.67-8 string though, if you string it at the same tension as you do with your regular string, it will have a relative tension of about 2lbs higher than the 0.68 string, so either go lower or tension the same and just get used to it.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ zm65 is supposed to be ashaway's answer to improve the durability of zm62 while maintaining its unique repulsiveness and crispness

we shall soon see whether they achieved that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zymax 67 feels @ the same tension much softer than bg80 and somehow it also has overall one point less in all areas a bit less control a bit less repulsion,power and so on... Never go without my bg80 again

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way ZM67 has less control than BG80. It's softer, so that for me translates into better touch. Holds tension better too.

If you want repulsion, ZM62 has the edge over both BG80 and ZM67.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried Zm65 25lbs for 2 days and I feel it is not repuslsive as Zm67 but has better control. Thanks to Steve of Ashaway for sending me a few package sample. It doesn't feel like 0.65.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why ZM67 Green colour feels thicker than Ivory colour and also Ivory colour is smoother and easier for stringing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Udonming View Post
    I have tried Zm65 25lbs for 2 days and I feel it is not repuslsive as Zm67 but has better control. Thanks to Steve of Ashaway for sending me a few package sample. It doesn't feel like 0.65.
    Udonming, did you try the sample or production model of the zymax 65? Did you mean the 65 not as repulsive as the 62 or 67?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never used or strung with Ashaway before, but interested to know about them.

Can some let me know what the Ashaway equivalent to the following Yonex strings are and if they are better than their Yonex "counterparts"?

BG65Ti
    BG80
    BG66
    NBG98
    NBG95

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    I've never used or strung with Ashaway before, but interested to know about them.

Can some let me know what the Ashaway equivalent to the following Yonex strings are and if they are better than their Yonex "counterparts"?

BG65Ti
    BG80
    BG66
    NBG98
    NBG95
    I don't believe there is simple one to one counterpart relation between Yonex and Ashaway. Ashaway has its uniqueness. I would suggest to start with Ashaway Micropower, or Zymax62.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay I got a reel of the new Zymax 65 in red and had my racket strung at 26lbs (main/cross) and what i noticed was the string is pretty rough, however it is very soft at the same time. It was not hard stringing with the new Zymax 65 at all, and right off the bat, i notice it is a very repulsive string. I been doing my best to push the string hard the last two weeks now, playing almost everyday, yet the string is still holding firm. I love the "ping" sounds it makes, and i think i am in love with this string.

For comparison, well i am not a big fan of the rest of Yonex's strings except for the BG 66 Ultimax, Nanogy 98, and Nanogy 95. I found that the power and control is very comparable to all three of those strings. I am a very offensive-minded player and i play to smash and attack, therefore I demand a lot out of my string. To me right now the best string Yonex put out in overall performance is the Nanogy 98, the 95 is like a step sister of the 98 and the Ultimax power is a bit more than 98 but it does not last as long. I tend to break my Ultimax pretty fast, however, the 98 would last a bit longer than the Ultimax. Therefore in term of power and durability i would put the 98 over the Ultimax anyday. Comparing the Zymax 65 to the 98, its really hard to tell because I need to know if it can out-last my 98 or not. Therefore I will just have to wait and see, but so far so good with the new 65. Last but not least...I think the advantage that the zymax 65 have over my BG 66 Ultimax or the Nanogy 98 is that the zymax cost about half the price of the Ultimax or the 98.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast