User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also like this couples, i watched them in india ss and today. saputro have power smash.

but may be pramata need tobe more brilliant in the front of the court by giving more

deceptive drop shot. they are young and have much time to be top in men doubles. let

Herry IP be the the main coach likely he did when he coached tony/sigit/candra/halym in

the early 2000s. at that time he produced 2 best MD for Indionesia but after sigit become

coach he only focus much time on kido/hendra so he can't produce the other excellent

MD. best wishes for them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angga, Ryan set sights on Olympics
    The Jakarta Post | Fri, 06/24/2011 7:00 AM

Amid the gloomy prospects for the country’s badminton men’s singles, Indonesia’s men’s doubles looks promising, partly because of the impressive performance of young pair Angga Pratama and Rian Agung Saputra.

The pair have wasted no time proving that they are able to challenge the world, with the 2012 London Olympics their target.

Twenty-one-year-old Rian and 20-year-old Angga began the qualifying stage of the Indonesia Open Super Series Premier by shocking world number three Jung Jae-sung and Lee Yong-dae from South Korea, the winners of the Korean Open Super Series Premier this January.

Ranked 35 in the world, the emerging Indonesian duo, who were also finalists at the recent India Open Super Series, straightforwardly ruined the Koreans 21-17, 21-17 in the second round of the US$600,000 badminton competition on Thursday.

Their triumph ensured a ticket to the quarterfinals on Friday against Chai Biao and Guo Zhengdong of China.

“Today we played good. Tomorrow we must play better. We will stay focused and maintain [a positive] mentality and fitness for the next matches,” Rian said.

“It is a good thing that Angga and Rian can fully developed their offensive throughout the match just now. I see that the Koreans, especially Yong-dae , appeared pressured and unable to play their best game,” said Herry IP, the national men’s doubles coach.

“This year, there are 22 tournaments already listed on our agenda to collect Olympics points,” said Rian, who expressed the pair’s determination to qualify for next year’s Olympics. He has had a partnership with Angga since 2009.

At the national level, Angga and Rian rank fourth, below world number seven pair Markis and Hendra, world number eight pair Alvent Hendra AG and world number 10 pair Ahsan and Bona.

The pair have been rocketing in the Badminton World Federation rankings in the past year: from 179 in April of last year to 35 this month.

Herry IP acknowledged that the young pair had the likeliest chance to become the next Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan one day. “I have joined the national camp the past four months. I hope to see them among the world ranked players within the next two years.”

Olympic champions Kido and Setiawan were also through to the quarterfinals.

Optimistic that Angga and Rian would be ready for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Herry said the pair would need some time to close ranks with their seniors M Ahsan and Bona Septano, Alvent Yulianto and Hendra AG, as well as Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan.

“If within this short period of time they can steadily improve their performance, [the 2012 Olympics] is not impossible,” said Herry, citing his plan to send the young pair to as many Super Series and Grand Prix level tournaments for Olympics points.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...-olympics.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indonesian Shuttlers Flex Muscles
    Ami Afriatni | June 23, 2011

The future of Indonesian badminton holds a lot of promise, judging by how two young shuttlers have performed at the Djarum Indonesia Open Super Series Premier.

Angga Pratama and Rian Agung Saputro authored the biggest upset by a local side on Thursday, as the two 19-year-olds knocked off No. 2 seeds Lee Yong-dae and Jung Jae-sung of South Korea in the second round.

Showing no fear against their highly favored opponents, Angga and Rian dominated the men’s doubles match en route to a 21-17, 21-17 victory at Istora Gelora Bung Karno in Jakarta.

“The pressure was on them as the higher seeds and we had nothing to lose. That helped us a lot,” Angga said. “We also just played very well today.”

The teen duo had shown a glimpse of their tremendous potential when they reached the India Open Super Series final in May, only to lose to Japan’s Hirokatsu Hashimoto and Noriyasu Hirata.

Angga and Rian stumbled in the tournaments that followed, however, falling in the opening round of the Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold’s and missing the main draw at the Singapore Open last week.

Men’s doubles coach Herry Iman Pierngadi said it was only a matter of time before Angga and Rian fully realize their potential.

“They are taller and more powerful than most of Indonesian shuttlers. In my opinion their offense is top-class, which is really important in doubles play,” Herry said.

“They just need a bit more practice and experience, and I hope in two years they will reach the top of the world rankings.”

In today’s quarterfinals, Angga and Rian will play an equally formidable pair in China’s Chai Biao and Guo Zhendong.

Read the full article at : http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badmi...muscles/448767

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herry IP is already the chief coach in MD since early this after, after Sigit Pamungkas resigned and returned to coach Kido/Hendra (which is a good thing also, given the duo's sharp decline since winning the Asian Games gold last year). Herry also has an able assistant in Endra Mulyana and we can see how focused both of them in giving advice to both Ryan and Angga yesterday.

I like what I saw yesterday, as the match against Jung/Lee was the first full match involved Ryan/Angga that I had watched so far. They are fast and agile and Ryan's smashes are pretty lethal. Although Angga is not as agile and effective as Hendra Setiawan in terms of net-coverage (yet), he can only improve over time and there were a couple of deceptive net shots which were executed successfully yesterday.

If they can beat CHN's 2nd pair of Chai/Guo today, I am more convinced that they can take on the mettle of INA's no 1 MD pair in 2-3 years down the road.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    Profile of Rian Agung Saputro
    Date of birth : 25 Jun 1990
    Club : Jaya Raya Suryanaga
    It will be a huge birthday gift for Rian if he goes to semifinal. Tomorrow MKY will have a birthday too, she was also born in 25 June

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They lost concentration when the umpire made a very bad decision...
    They spent their time more in protesting the umpire not in the game.
    Chai/Guo is really good in drive play, they simply outplayed Ryan/Angga.
    too many shots into the net by both Angga and Ryan.....
    Looks like an easy game for Chai/Guo. But actually Angga/Ryan can make the game harder and harder for Chai/Guo....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Ko Herry IP, Ryan had used up all his power yesterday against the KOR pair. So, no more stamina.

This young pair needs to up their stamina, especially in preparation to play top pairs in back-to-back games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read from the news, Angga say that they can't play their best and still not consistent. While Rian say there still much need to be improved.
    Last edited by miksss; 06-24-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually they play from Qualifying round, it means they have played 4 matches till yesterday(including 1 match is rubber game). Well, at least after entering QF of INA SSP, in next tourney they do not need to play from Qualifying round anymore. So they will have better stamina.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All they need to do know is to realize their weakness and improve it. I still believe on them. Better next time and then be the best !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon, this pair does not have to play in the qualifying round anymore. Anyway, I think it was a good decision for them to only go all-out here and being well aware of their capabilities, while JJS/LYD went all out all the time and look what happened to them after 3 straight tournaments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

today, i'm so disapointed because MK/HS lost again FHF/CY. i don't know what is going

on with MK/HS, they are not at their best and maybe never have it again. HS 's knee

injury fully recovered? HS is fatter than his best form in Bejing 2008 either is MK. the

defence of them is not good especially MK. they are just at 70% of their best

performance. after gold medal in guangzhou 2010 they will not win the major tittle

again like Taufik in 2006 Asian gold medal. i think MK/HS have personal problem with

themself. they don't motiviate to win any more title ? can anyone in INA tell me why

they become worse. although lost but hopefully Ryan/Angga steadily improve to replace MK/HS.MK/HS are slower and older

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely a pair to watch in the future

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In universiade games, Angga/Rian def Fang/Lee in 21-18 21-15. Well done for beating another top pair in straight set!
    Last edited by miksss; 08-18-2011 at 03:37 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    In universiade games, Angga/Rian def Fang/Lee in 21-18 21-15. Well done for beating another top pair in straight set!
    woww... quite good results !! how do you know this ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope the best for angga/rian in vietnam gp gold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to Angga/Rian for reaching the final... Nice 3-game revenge victory over Goh Wei Shem/Lim Khim Wah.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast