Angga Pratama/Rian Agung Saputro

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by miksss, Apr 29, 2011.

1. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Its the time to open a thread for my fave pair :)

Profile of Angga Pratama
    Date of birth : 5 December 1991
    Club : Jaya Raya Jakarta
    -Mixed Double runner up in 2009 World Junior Championship (partnering with Della)
    -Winner of 2009 Asian Junior Championship (partnering with Rendy Sugiarto)

Profile of Rian Agung Saputro
    Date of birth : 25 Jun 1990
    Club : Jaya Raya Suryanaga

Current rank : 45.

They are improving step by step. Rian is tall, i think his style is a bit similar with Hendra Setiawan.:D I like his style when playing at the backcourt. I hope they will keep improving.

Now, they are on India Super Series 2010 Semifinal :
    round 1: Angga/Rian def Songphon/Sudket(world #22) 16-21 21-7 21-11
    round 2: Angga/Rian def Bona/Ahsan(world #8) 16-21 21-16 21-15
    QF : Angga/Rian def Naoki Kawamae/Shoji Sato(world #15) 21-14 21-19

Tomorrow they will face Hendra Aprida/Alvent Yulianto in semifinal! Good Luck :)

2. miksss

miksss Regular Member

3. miksss

miksss Regular Member

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I met both of them during the Macau GP Gold 2010. Both are down-to-earth and very focused on their games. Hopefully, they will be one of INA's future top MD pair. It takes time but I think they should have what it takes to be a top pair.

5. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Awesome, happy to see INA youngster progressing well. All the best boys!!

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Where is Rendy Sugiarto now?

7. Bhinneka

Bhinneka Regular Member

rian/angga with rendy/afiat are the future of mens double for Indonesia

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Rendy is partnering Afiat and progressed to the QF of the India SS, losing to the Japanese pair of Hirokatsu Kashimoto/Noriyasu Hirata.

9. miksss

miksss Regular Member

I noticed that they like to chase after trailing many points.. now they just trailing 6-13 to Hendra/Alvent and reverse the situation to seal the second set 21-18. The Same case when they faced japanese pair yesterday.

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Congrats to the youngsters for entering the final of a Super Series! They will take on either the Japanese pair or KKK/TBH tomorrow. If it's the Japanese pair, it's 50-50. If it's KKK/TBH, I think they might win because KKK/TBH always underestimates youngsters..

11. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Good Job.. Angga/Ryan beat Hendra/Alvent 21-23 21-18 21-14! Their first SS final! :)

12. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    i managed to watch them today...and noticed that ryan changed his racket multiple times between arc10 arc 8dx and at900power...whats with this?lol...they are definitely a pair to watch for the future

13. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Keep spirit ya :)

14. miksss

miksss Regular Member

"This is the first time we enter the final, in the Super Series , so a bit nervous. In the final the atmosphere is different, "Ryan said after the match.

He admitted not satisfied with these results because the rate before reaching the final appearance is much better, and determined to achieve better results in the future. "It's anticlimactic for us, because some days before we played very well," he said

------------------------------------------------------
    http://antaranews.com/berita/256587/anggaryan-runner-up-di-india-super-series

15. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Good job.. Angga/Rian beat Kim Ki Jung/Baek Cheol Shin just now. :)

16. miksss

miksss Regular Member

They beat Lee Yong Dae/Jung Jae Sung 21-17 21-17.

Their attacking game is great,both have a powerfull smash, and a very fast drive! I think they are just like Kido/Hendra with a very fast drive..!

Congratulation!

17. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    Finally I can watch their match live in TV. They really deserve to be the future INA best MD. Despite not the best permformance of LYD/JJS, we can clearly see the talent they have. Angga is so good as the frontman, very skillful, fast with deceptive shoot that even a player like LYD can't handdle. The tall Ryan with not just strong and sharp smash but smart also. Let's see how far they can go in this tournament. Hope the best for them.

18. viewsonic246

viewsonic246 New Member

i also like this couples, i watched them in india ss and today. saputro have power smash.

but may be pramata need tobe more brilliant in the front of the court by giving more

deceptive drop shot. they are young and have much time to be top in men doubles. let

Herry IP be the the main coach likely he did when he coached tony/sigit/candra/halym in

the early 2000s. at that time he produced 2 best MD for Indionesia but after sigit become

coach he only focus much time on kido/hendra so he can't produce the other excellent

MD. best wishes for them

19. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Angga, Ryan set sights on Olympics
    The Jakarta Post | Fri, 06/24/2011 7:00 AM

Amid the gloomy prospects for the country’s badminton men’s singles, Indonesia’s men’s doubles looks promising, partly because of the impressive performance of young pair Angga Pratama and Rian Agung Saputra.

The pair have wasted no time proving that they are able to challenge the world, with the 2012 London Olympics their target.

Twenty-one-year-old Rian and 20-year-old Angga began the qualifying stage of the Indonesia Open Super Series Premier by shocking world number three Jung Jae-sung and Lee Yong-dae from South Korea, the winners of the Korean Open Super Series Premier this January.

Ranked 35 in the world, the emerging Indonesian duo, who were also finalists at the recent India Open Super Series, straightforwardly ruined the Koreans 21-17, 21-17 in the second round of the US$600,000 badminton competition on Thursday.

Their triumph ensured a ticket to the quarterfinals on Friday against Chai Biao and Guo Zhengdong of China.

“Today we played good. Tomorrow we must play better. We will stay focused and maintain [a positive] mentality and fitness for the next matches,” Rian said.

“It is a good thing that Angga and Rian can fully developed their offensive throughout the match just now. I see that the Koreans, especially Yong-dae , appeared pressured and unable to play their best game,” said Herry IP, the national men’s doubles coach.

“This year, there are 22 tournaments already listed on our agenda to collect Olympics points,” said Rian, who expressed the pair’s determination to qualify for next year’s Olympics. He has had a partnership with Angga since 2009.

At the national level, Angga and Rian rank fourth, below world number seven pair Markis and Hendra, world number eight pair Alvent Hendra AG and world number 10 pair Ahsan and Bona.

The pair have been rocketing in the Badminton World Federation rankings in the past year: from 179 in April of last year to 35 this month.

Herry IP acknowledged that the young pair had the likeliest chance to become the next Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan one day. “I have joined the national camp the past four months. I hope to see them among the world ranked players within the next two years.”

Olympic champions Kido and Setiawan were also through to the quarterfinals.

Optimistic that Angga and Rian would be ready for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Herry said the pair would need some time to close ranks with their seniors M Ahsan and Bona Septano, Alvent Yulianto and Hendra AG, as well as Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan.

“If within this short period of time they can steadily improve their performance, [the 2012 Olympics] is not impossible,” said Herry, citing his plan to send the young pair to as many Super Series and Grand Prix level tournaments for Olympics points.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/06/24/angga-ryan-set-sights-olympics.html

20. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Indonesian Shuttlers Flex Muscles
    Ami Afriatni | June 23, 2011

The future of Indonesian badminton holds a lot of promise, judging by how two young shuttlers have performed at the Djarum Indonesia Open Super Series Premier.

Angga Pratama and Rian Agung Saputro authored the biggest upset by a local side on Thursday, as the two 19-year-olds knocked off No. 2 seeds Lee Yong-dae and Jung Jae-sung of South Korea in the second round.

Showing no fear against their highly favored opponents, Angga and Rian dominated the men’s doubles match en route to a 21-17, 21-17 victory at Istora Gelora Bung Karno in Jakarta.

“The pressure was on them as the higher seeds and we had nothing to lose. That helped us a lot,” Angga said. “We also just played very well today.”

The teen duo had shown a glimpse of their tremendous potential when they reached the India Open Super Series final in May, only to lose to Japan’s Hirokatsu Hashimoto and Noriyasu Hirata.

Angga and Rian stumbled in the tournaments that followed, however, falling in the opening round of the Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold’s and missing the main draw at the Singapore Open last week.

Men’s doubles coach Herry Iman Pierngadi said it was only a matter of time before Angga and Rian fully realize their potential.

“They are taller and more powerful than most of Indonesian shuttlers. In my opinion their offense is top-class, which is really important in doubles play,” Herry said.

“They just need a bit more practice and experience, and I hope in two years they will reach the top of the world rankings.”

In today’s quarterfinals, Angga and Rian will play an equally formidable pair in China’s Chai Biao and Guo Zhendong.

Read the full article at : http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badminton/indonesian-shuttlers-flex-muscles/448767