Looking for players/club in Edinburgh

Discussion in 'UK' started by stewie, May 2, 2011.

1. stewie

stewie New Member

Hello

I've always played badminton casually with my friends and think that now I would like to improve and play at a higher level. Does anyone in Edinburgh know of any clubs/groups that play regularly where the skill level is medium-high. Cheers.

2. gregs_pcs

gregs_pcs Regular Member

Tartan, Western and North Morningside are 3 clubs that all have a fairly high standard. They all have teams in the top divisions but also 2nd and 3rd teams in varying ones. They all have websites, check them out. Below that I went to DCL badminton club for a bit. The standard is worse but still competitive and I believe they have a team in the 3rd division of Lothian.

What standard are you at? The tops clubs are all very picky about who they let in. Some of my friends who can play perfectly good badminton have been asked not to come back because the "club is full" (so why did they let me in?). So be careful with them.

3. stewie

stewie New Member

Thanks for your reply. I would not say that I'm at the standard required for a club team. I have played for several years but always in a social capacity so I don't think I quite have those skills yet - they are what I want to gain. I'll check out some of those websites. Cheers for the info.

4. gregs_pcs

gregs_pcs Regular Member

In that case, make sure you check out Leith BC as found in http://www.badmintonscotland.org.uk/content/view/551/200/

I went there once and the standard wasn't amazing interesting to say the least.

PS. I don't mean you should join a team, all of the clubs mentioned have social club nights too.