User Tag List

Page 125 of 244 FirstFirst ... 25 75 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 2,109 to 2,125 of 4132
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Yonex is not paying enough to top china players like Chen Long , Chen jin .. thats why the china team move to Li Ning. If Yonex paid 1 china players min S$10k , see whether they continue yonex ?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China moving to Li Ning had entirely different reasons.
    The reason Indonesian players use different brands now is that the sponsorship rules have been softened (not only one brand as before) and that Victor seems to have bid more for the general team sponsorship.
    For Yonex, individual players like LCW are worth more than a team that's ranked below the Top 2, and China and Korea are off limits (China for a long time, Korea at least another 2 years).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    I think Yonex is not paying enough to top china players like Chen Long , Chen jin .. thats why the china team move to Li Ning. If Yonex paid 1 china players min S$10k , see whether they continue yonex ?
    Li Ning is a Chinese brand while Yonex is a Japanese brand. It is easy for Li Ning to pull some string with the government and the government will tell what the national team will use. Chen Long, Chen Jin, even Lin Dan have no say in the matter. You have to remember Li Ning and Kason are new comers to the market, in the 80s and 90s, the company did not exist and then its technology is not good enough to compete to Yonex. Now they make rackets of similar quality, it is natural for Chinese team to support national brand, given how nationalistic China is. However nationalism is not restricted to China. S. Korea would do the same if, say, Samsung starts to produce badminton gear.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kason is not a newcomer. Li Ning is - when they got the news they had to produce rackets in 08/09, they bought up Kason.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    That's my point...Victor have not established a second series to support Bravesword. I really thought Meteor would be it but it has almost come and gone in Europe in virtually one season.
    Meteor is alive and well and there will be some interesting rackets coming out this year for MX.

They seem to be paying much more emphasis on TK though, which is fine but also seems to be rather myopic in their vision.

Victor marketing is strange, or maybe not big enough.

Yonex has usually 3-4 "hip" racket at any one time (ARC11, FB, VTZF, NR800, VT80PG), while Victor has problem keeping just one (TK8000) in play. and both seems to be supporting old and on their way out players for their signature editions, why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYD is a little young to say on his way out isn't he? And KSH seems to be the poster boy for the thruster so I think it's just yonex capitalizing on the huge stars that they are now losing. Edit- forgot about the victor legends.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    LYD is a little young to say on his way out isn't he? And KSH seems to be the poster boy for the thruster so I think it's just yonex capitalizing on the huge stars that they are now losing. Edit- forgot about the victor legends.
    i was more referring to TH, PG, JJS, ZJH, and.... there is one more. maybe they think badminton fans are sentimental bunch. but i'd rather support the current and or up and coming stars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes sense from a marketing perspective. You're going to lose one of the best players you ever had you might as well try and squeeze whatever you can from your sponsorship before they retire. Or after in the case ZJH.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was not me but somebody commented that LYD is too young to have his signature racket, rather have him drive the Bravesword line. When the old stars are on their way out, then do a special edition to remember them and capitalize on the sentimental value. I think this would be a sound strategy. Don't people find it weird that LYD is not using BS LYD rather the BS12?

To me, I want to use the racket that is being used by my favourite player, not a racket that has his/her name on it only.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soulless View Post

To me, I want to use the racket that is being used by my favourite player, not a racket that has his/her name on it only.

Yes bro soulless....I totally agree. I will use a racket by my favourite player / players...=)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. hello VICTOR fans. need some opinion from u guys. i would like to buy new badminton shoe.
    im thinking to buy eiter the sh8500 or sh9000 ace and i realy cant make up my mind. both shoe are comfortable and fit nicely wen i tested them recently at the shop.
    ive been searching and i dont see any 'sh8500 vs sh9000'review so far in BC to help me make up my mind.
    if any of u ever used these two shoe or have any good info regarding these 2 shoe please kindly tell me wic shoe shud i buy.
    2. i will be going to KUALA LUMPUR by end of APRIL. i would appreciate if u can tell me where shud i go to get the shoe i mention above. thanx guys for ur time.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if both of them are comfortable for you and you can afford only one, then choose the one with the best appearance. SH9000.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Afaik the SH8500 have a somewhat thicker sole and cushioning. The SH9000 are very flat, and while they're not dampened badly, they might be too flat for some. Upside is they feel very direct.
    Choose depending on what you want from your shoe - 9000 for a more speedy, but less comfortable shoe, 8500 for better cushioning and comfort but a less direct feeling.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Afaik the SH8500 have a somewhat thicker sole and cushioning. The SH9000 are very flat, and while they're not dampened badly, they might be too flat for some. Upside is they feel very direct.
    Choose depending on what you want from your shoe - 9000 for a more speedy, but less comfortable shoe, 8500 for better cushioning and comfort but a less direct feeling.
    I'm just about to pull the trigger on an SH-9000 but I have shin splints.
    I'm now having 2nd thoughts and considering the SH-8500 instead..

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the chart at the bottom suggests better shock absorption from the sh-9000 compared to the sh-8500. quite opposite the opinion of many forumers.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kwun

I am aware Meteor series is alive and well in certan parts of the world, but not in Europe. 2013 catalogue for Europe on shows Meteor JJS...and that's my point. Yet another good range virtually withdrawn with less than two years life.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk