User Tag List

Page 126 of 244 FirstFirst ... 26 76 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 176 226 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,142 of 4132
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    Kwun

I am aware Meteor series is alive and well in certan parts of the world, but not in Europe. 2013 catalogue for Europe on shows Meteor JJS...and that's my point. Yet another good range virtually withdrawn with less than two years life.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    do you mean they only have MXJJS on their catalog? or that they still have it, along with some other ones?

their will be some updates with MX this year. JJS and another popular MX will go away, but the rest remains along with some mid-end additions.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anybody else think it was daft to put out a JJS racket just before he retired? They should have done it in 2009-2010 when he was at the height of his powers!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Does anybody else think it was daft to put out a JJS racket just before he retired? They should have done it in 2009-2010 when he was at the height of his powers!
    it was a last minute decision. the MX JJS used to be the MX90. they decided that JJS needs a signature racket so they just changed the name. the rest of the design remained the same.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

now that they are retiring the JJS, i am guessing it will be recycled and become the MX90 as the feel and power of the JJS is one of the best i have tried.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope they will follow my this advice and release a HH 5/5 Stiffness 5/5 full graphene Brave Sword with 80 holes.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    it was a last minute decision. the MX JJS used to be the MX90. they decided that JJS needs a signature racket so they just changed the name. the rest of the design remained the same.
    I'd heard he wanted something less stiff because of a shoulder problem. Seems odd to me that the MX90 would be less stiff than the MX80, but then I'm used to stiffness going up with model number thanks to Yonex...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the other hand, head heaviness went up compared to the 80, so that's alright in my book
    With the Thruster series they'll encounter a problem keeping the stiffness proportional to the number - they can't really go softer than the 8000 and keep the head heaviness on a similar level. I don't remember which match it was, but I've seen a slow-mo of KSH diving for a shot and when he landed (hand on the floor, racket head ~30-40cm in the air) the racket bent unlike any I've seen before

Gotta try it and the JJS soon, I'll see if my trusted go-to shop has some test models...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

their will be some updates with MX this year.

JJS and another popular MX will go away, but the rest remains along with some mid-end additions.

another popular MX will be discontinued ?? would it be MX80 or MX60 ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think mx80 or mx60, i think it should be the mx70 which less popular. MX80 and MX60 is very popular. MX series are good rackets

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe the MX70..I also would like to know. Hard to get Victor here in Brunei. Email the distributer here and they dont give a dam respond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree.. and maybe mx JJS is limited edition so they discontinue it and come with new products

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha..I know MX London is discontinue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Limited edition right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you mean they only have MXJJS on their catalog? or that they still have it, along with some other ones?

their will be some updates with MX this year. JJS and another popular MX will go away, but the rest remains along with some mid-end additions.
    I'm not sure if it's what Paul meant but in some parts of europe e.g. in Germany the JJS is still not released (will be in the middle of April) and yet they're already about to drop the line.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK to clarify. The 2013 catalgue has one Meteor racket only - JJS. All the other Meteor rackets have been withdrawn from the catalogue and have limited availability in Europe whilst stocks last. So why is Victor Europe dropping the Meteor range except JJS?

If Victor is withdrawing JJS then how does this fit in the overall Meteor picture. Europe is only just receiving their first shipment of JJS so that doesn't bode well.

Paul

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    OK to clarify. The 2013 catalgue has one Meteor racket only - JJS. All the other Meteor rackets have been withdrawn from the catalogue and have limited availability in Europe whilst stocks last. So why is Victor Europe dropping the Meteor range except JJS?

If Victor is withdrawing JJS then how does this fit in the overall Meteor picture. Europe is only just receiving their first shipment of JJS so that doesn't bode well.

Paul
    Europe is only one market. Each market with their local subsidiary/distributor decides on what they want to carry.

as far as Victor master catalog is concerned, the Meteor line is still available with JJS and one other racket dropped for the next purchase cycle, and some other mid-end models added.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kwun

Thanks for the update. It doesn't help players in Europe but we have to wait for updates.

It seems that Victor Asia is prolific introducing new rakcets, but I wonder what the thinking and strategy is. I am aware Victor Europe chooses which rackets out of the total catalogue they will carry, but they also have to consider which rackets are selling best.

We don't have the data but perhaps Meteor has been a poor seller in Europe.

I know BS10 used to be the biggest seller in UK and now they have stopped this racket too.

Sadly, we don't know the numbers and we have to respect that Victor Europe makes sound business decisions even though they may be unpopular with some of the players.

I am intrigued whether the Thruster range will be developed over the year. Now Koh has reverted to BS12 Victor seems to be lacking high profile players using the racket to help with sales. I also question why this is, whereas Yonex seems to push players to use new rackets and highten the profile.

Paul