User Tag List

Page 2 of 250 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason some models get the press and some don't, is simply a matter of pack mentality and the way the models are released and promoted.

The focus on rackets on this forum has historically been towards the more extreme models, or the 'top of the line' which tend to be stiff and/or singles orientated. People are emulating and pretending their State or National players when I'd hazard to suggest the vast majority of enthusiasts out there aren't of a skill level over 'Intermediate'.

Of course, after this, you get people who buy a racket based on little more than hype which is completely inapporpriate for them, and rather than post "This racket is crap for my abilities, I wish I hadn't bought it" they stay quiet for feel of being ousted from the 'cool gang'.

This is why you'll never see rackets like the BS12 or SW36 get the same hype and attention as say the SW35 or MX80.

Probably Victors biggest problem is distribution. They became available in Australia for the first time last year, and I've only ever seen three other players with Victor rackets here in North and Western Melbourne, and one of them was the distributor and the other I sold him the racket!

Anyway Yoppy, I can't believe you've ordered 1500 bucks worth of rackets. That's crazy!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coming in few hours I'm gonna try VS 850 tonight. Can't wait to get red ink to put a red victor logo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's quick a question to Victor fans from someone who has never tried them before:

What is the (closest) Victor equivalent of three of my favourite Yonex rackets: the Z Slash, Arcsaber 10, and Nanospeed 9900? I'm into fast head speed, evenly balanced to slightly head heavy, and a stiff frame. I'm not so much looking into actual racket stats such as balance, weight, and shaft length (they can deceive), but rather the Victor racket that you FEEL to be similar in performance after using and comparing both.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ermm..BS10 for me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Probably Victors biggest problem is distribution. They became available in Australia for the first time last year, and I've only ever seen three other players with Victor rackets here in North and Western Melbourne, and one of them was the distributor and the other I sold him the racket!
    maybe u can sell one more to other guy and u can play doubles with 4 of u

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Yoppy
    I can't believe you have ordered so many rackets. You truly are THE victor fan.
    It would take months to try all these rackets, do you own a store ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voltric View Post
    Here's quick a question to Victor fans from someone who has never tried them before:

What is the (closest) Victor equivalent of three of my favourite Yonex rackets: the Z Slash, Arcsaber 10, and Nanospeed 9900? I'm into fast head speed, evenly balanced to slightly head heavy, and a stiff frame. I'm not so much looking into actual racket stats such as balance, weight, and shaft length (they can deceive), but rather the Victor racket that you FEEL to be similar in performance after using and comparing both.

Thanks.
    At the moment I can only answer one of them, BS10 is very similar but better than NS9900 Give it a go, you'll what I mean. I used to love NS9900 a lot

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm willing to buy SH8600 F too, but I don't know about Victor's durability, I already own SH 8000 and 8500 and they don't look really resistant...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think using only one brand for EVERYTHING is a bit tacky UNLESS you're sponsored.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably still is a bit tacky even if one is sponsored. I thought it refreshing to see some of the players in the CBL wearing Yonex clothing/footwear but using Li Ning rackets. Can't remember which team, though. Probably BAYI or GUAN.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why I have kept my Asics shoes and bright orange Yonex bag. I just really like the victor clothing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have one negative of Victor if I'm objective. That is with their shoe designs. If you ask me, they seem like copycat designs of Yonex models, only (based on forum posts I've read) not as high quality or well made. Now I have yet to actually try Victor footwear myself, this is only based on research I did when looking to buy new gear. But from several users who had used both, they seemed to prefer the fit, use and durability of the Yonex footwear. So that might be one area Victor look to improve.

I'm glad that, based on the latest 2011 Tourneys, Li-Ning is innovating in badminton shoe design with Lin Dan's new pair. They seem very cool. Looks like an all plastic over design as well, as oppose to the usual leather. Not sure which is better yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Densha View Post
    @ Yoppy
    I can't believe you have ordered so many rackets. You truly are THE victor fan.
    It would take months to try all these rackets, do you own a store ?
    Store?? I wish man....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Victor rackets collections

From left to right: BS10, SP22, MX80, SW35, SW37, SP21, TI-99CLASSIC, BS9, BS12, BS11, SW36
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG yoppy how are u gonna use finish all those racquets ? LOL . ANyway Samsud, where did u get ur mx80 4U or any 4U racquets in malaysia ?
    Pretty hard to find here eh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway since there are so many Victor fans here. Could u all recommend me a good Victor racquet ? Im keen of trying victor out. Currently I am still training to suit the VT80 which is a stiff shaft, all previous years I was using Medium flex. Which one would u guys recommend ? And why ? And 3U or 4U ? And so on. Looking to get a taste of Victor. I got a feeling i'll like Victor more than Yonex LOL ~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default More pictures

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 2 of 250 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast