User Tag List

Page 31 of 228 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 81 131 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like there's a new Bravesword 170 too, in a really cool metallic copper-orange.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Hey 57.Christ, I just seen 3 new Victor strings last week. I'm waiting for one of my strings to be broken. I'll write some review as soon as try them.
    Just broke your string to try new....hehehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riffsuad View Post
    Just broke your string to try new....hehehe
    Not too sure with what you mean. But yes I do wait till my string broke to try a new one. It may sound amateur but I'm pretty happy with BG70 I'm currently using, it's the best of many strings I've tried. So trying a new one kinda a risk that I'm taking. And at my place restringing is $20 a pop. So can't see a point cutting a good string too early.
    Last edited by Yoppy; 10-17-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i mean just snap off the string by cutting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuhhh... glad to hear that i think i can use the racket with a relax mind mind now... hahaha thanx for the info...
    Quote Originally Posted by BengGuan View Post
    It's normal for this 2 code at old series racket. SW32 have many fans at China and also this series launch especially for China, Mainland. So if some agent from the others country asking for this racket, normally Victor will put another new country code. Like if Victor Indonesia asking this racket code should be ID CN. Singapore will be SG CN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what does v850 feel? soft,medium or hard?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrm. Well, it's a string similar to the BG80 and ZM67, being a 0.68mm string. The cool thing about the VS850 is it gives really nice tactile feedback.....the crap part being it loses tension quite dramatically. This can be lessened to (what I consider) a negligible amount by pre-stretching the string, at which stage it only loses 1lb at medium tensions (24-26lbs).

Its not a perfect string by any stretch, but it's a pretty seductive one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Hrm. Well, it's a string similar to the BG80 and ZM67, being a 0.68mm string. The cool thing about the VS850 is it gives really nice tactile feedback.....the crap part being it loses tension quite dramatically. This can be lessened to (what I consider) a negligible amount by pre-stretching the string, at which stage it only loses 1lb at medium tensions (24-26lbs).

Its not a perfect string by any stretch, but it's a pretty seductive one.
    i plan string up to 30lbs. does it stand long?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre-stretch it, or it'll drop quite dramatically in the first week. Probably to 26lbs over 2 weeks. Pre-stretching will take away some of the repulsion initially, but you won't lose as much tension.
    I don't know how durable it is - I had it on 3 rackets, but it always lost so much tension that I took it off myself rather than playing it to the end

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you replace it with, Jackie?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VS850@28lbs SW35 = 1hr no mishit
    VS850@27lbs MX80 = 15hr no mishit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you replace it with, Jackie?
    BG80 - plays similar, loses only half as much tension. Feels a little harder though. I'm testing the NBG98 on my go-to rackets now - and it looks promising. Not as rough, so slicing the shuttle creates different angles and not as much spin, but the repulsion and feedback are beautiful. Took 19 points off of my opponent yesterday - he play in our 1st team, so that's very good for me. In second game, he moved up two gears though and bulldozed me 21-8

I have to say, even though the NBG is kinda slippery, it enabled me to play very nice angles. Against him, I don't smash much because it doesn't put him under any pressure and only makes the reply more dangerous to me, so I try to use much deception to get him slightly off balance. On several occasions, I managed a sliced drop from my forehand that looked like a smash down the line and landed crosscourt, in front of the service line and left him stranded.
    I was using the BS10, btw. My current favorite singles racket - even though some say it lacks power, I find clears to be the easiest with this racket, and it's stiff enough so that I always know where the racket head is. Quick in defence as well, and I can hold the shot at the net much longer than with heavier rackets.
    I was testing a whole bunch of rackets a while back, and it came down to this one and the BS11 - and the 80€ I saved on two BS10 compared to two BS11 made the decision in the end^^
    In doubles, I sometimes switch to heavier rackets for more penetration in the attacking play, BS09 mostly.

Oh, back to the strings - I used to play at ~25-26lbs when I tried the VS850, and replaced it with a BG80 at the same tension. If you string them at the same tension, I would rate them as follows:

Repulsion:
    NBG98>>BG80>=VS850
    Control: (depends on how well you can adapt to the slippery NBG)
    BG80=VS850>=NBG98
    Durability:
    BG80>>NBG98 (the NBG98 holds the second place in the quickest-to-break leaderboard with 30 minutes - although the 5 minutes of the ZM62 will be hard to beat.)
    Last edited by j4ckie; 10-18-2011 at 05:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the Nanogy95, I can't bring myself to use any strings in this range. I found it very slippery and mechanical feeling. BG80 I've used quite a bit and it's the benchmark 0.68 string I think. I don't break strings so durability doesn't even make my radar.

I'm stringing one of my MX80's with the new red ZM67 and seeing how that goes, too. But currently my go-to MX80 is still faithfully strung with VS850 now settled at 24lbs.

Nothing wrong with the BS10 mate, it's a top shelf piece of kit. You clearly pay too much for them though.....and got ripped because the BS10 and BS11 are the same price. €80 is almost the price of a BS10, so you Euro types need to find a grey market pathway to better pricing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the Nanogy95, I can't bring myself to use any strings in this range. I found it very slippery and mechanical feeling. BG80 I've used quite a bit and it's the benchmark 0.68 string I think. I don't break strings so durability doesn't even make my radar.

I'm stringing one of my MX80's with the new red ZM67 and seeing how that goes, too. But currently my go-to MX80 is still faithfully strung with VS850 now settled at 24lbs.

Nothing wrong with the BS10 mate, it's a top shelf piece of kit. You clearly pay too much for them though.....and got ripped because the BS10 and BS11 are the same price. €80 is almost the price of a BS10, so you Euro types need to find a grey market pathway to better pricing!
    I think you got me wrong. I paid 175€ for two BS10s as it's gonna be discontinued, and the BS11 would have been 126€ a piece (140-10%). And even though the BS11 had a bit more head weight, it was NOT worth the extra money...I would've paid nearly 80€ more for two of them.
    Anyhow, I usually get the best price here in Germany because our club gets 10% off at one shop, but I usually compare prices just to be sure. Although Asian stores don't have G3 in stock often, which is my very much preferred grip size (I have to put an overgrip on G2 and don't feel the edges so clearly).

Anyhow, the BS10 is my most reliable racket right now, it's quicker and somehow more powerful than my MX80, even though it doesn't have the pinpoint precision. But in singles, the effortless clear is much more of an advantage than a slightly more precise drop shot, and in doubles, the increased power and speed are more valuable as well. I really like the feel of the MX80, but I think it's somewhat detrimental to my game as it's just too stiff for me. I'd love to get the MX70, but don't really have the money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I really like the feel of the MX80, but I think it's somewhat detrimental to my game as it's just too stiff for me. I'd love to get the MX70, but don't really have the money.
    I'll let you know when I get mine on Friday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The RRP of BS11 was higher than BS10 which in turn was higher than BS09 (here anyway). Taking the cake is BS12 with RRP of €209 (no it's not a typo ; retail about 75% of RRP)

LD_RULes should probably make a signature with a disclaimer: "All Victor prices based on special discount, not available in stores"
    Last edited by demolidor; 10-18-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*double post*
    Last edited by demolidor; 10-18-2011 at 06:25 AM.