User Tag List

Page 32 of 251 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 82 132 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I'll let you know when I get mine on Friday
    Shaddap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't just talk about those high end model, BS10, MX80.....etc.
    For a starter, which model in medium price point is recommended?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bs10 IS medium price range now. In my club, many use the Inside Wave 4500, which is medium stiff and even balanced. The IW1500 is also quite popular and head light.Also, we enjoy talking about the rackets WE use, so don't tell us what to discuss - we'll answer questions, but demanding that we talk about rackets we don't use is a bit much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    The RRP of BS11 was higher than BS10 which in turn was higher than BS09 (here anyway). Taking the cake is BS12 with RRP of 209 (no it's not a typo ; retail about 75% of RRP)

LD_RULes should probably make a signature with a disclaimer: "All Victor prices based on special discount, not available in stores"
    Actually the racket Im taking about IS available at the price mentioned, no discount for this one. I really shouldn't like it, cause of it's specs and weight, but I do...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Hey 57.Christ, I just seen 3 new Victor strings last week. I'm waiting for one of my strings to be broken. I'll write some review as soon as try them.
    thanks, i'll wait for the review ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Hrm. Well, it's a string similar to the BG80 and ZM67, being a 0.68mm string. The cool thing about the VS850 is it gives really nice tactile feedback.....the crap part being it loses tension quite dramatically. This can be lessened to (what I consider) a negligible amount by pre-stretching the string, at which stage it only loses 1lb at medium tensions (24-26lbs).

Its not a perfect string by any stretch, but it's a pretty seductive one.
    is this the only way to cover the weakness? hmm, i'm wondering if Eric (squashmart) could help me prestretch the string first bfore stringing it..

one thing, if we prestretch it.. will it easily broke due to the deformation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 57.Christ View Post
    thanks, i'll wait for the review ^^ is this the only way to cover the weakness? hmm, i'm wondering if Eric (squashmart) could help me prestretch the string first bfore stringing it..one thing, if we prestretch it.. will it easily broke due to the deformation?
    why victor can't resolve this problem since it start produced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riffsuad View Post
    *business man thinking mode on*
    if victor wanna fix it, they might just create a whole new string ( maybe VS-950? ) then they can charge more for it.. rather than fix the old one and charge the same price..
    *business man thinking mode off*

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably because it is extra work with no added benefit to them if they don't increase the price. Also...some people may prefer not to have their strings pre-stretched. Pre-stretching may also lead to more defects/waste which translates as a $$ loss to the company. It's still a business.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same reason why Yonex doesn't improve the BG65s tension holding properties or the NBG95s numb feeling - people buy it and improving it would cost quite a bit.
    The initial feeling of the VS850 is very nice, so the Pro's won't need any new string - and if you look at the badminton market as a whole, there are a lot more unskilled people than those who actually notice the drop in tension. And quite a few of the more skilled intermediate or advanced players just learn to live with it by either stringing it higher than needed and waiting for the tension to drop, or pre-stretching, or managing with the lower tension.....
    In the end, it all comes down to one thing - money. If a product sells well, why improve on it for a lot of money without hoping to sell much more?

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IMHO, it's not that Victor doesn't want to improve the vs850; which company would survive if they refused to improve their products. It's most likely that this is the best they can do with this combination of core and outer shell materials in terms if feel, touch, repulsion, durability. As it is now, as j4ckie says, for pros and tournaments this string is very very good since the stringing resources are there and they can afford to string every 2 weeks if needed. Hmmm, perhaps I'll have to invest in a stringing machine and do it myself! And anyways, who knows, perhaps Victor is currently working on a new prototype string that will correct this little deficiency in this otherwise excellent string.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to make it clear - I did not want to slam Victor
    I just think there is no profitable way for them to improve the strings tension holding properties without either changing the playing characteristics or copy some of Yonex's patented stuff in short time. Over the years, they'll either improve it or bring out another model, no doubt.
    Had a horrible training session today. After the initial (good) MD matches, I started to hit everything out of court. Suddenly, no string or racket could give me any measure of control. Even the MX80 with a 28lbs NBG98 felt very light and clears were 10-50cm long.
    Just in the last game, the BS10 brought me back near my usual control and made me enjoy badminton again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently I have seen on Victor's (Taiwan) website and some Malaysian webshops models that don't seem to have much discussion, like the Super Waves 310, 320, 3150, are these simply cheaper versions of the 2-digit SW series?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey jackie, agreed with u that BS10 is really good racket in BS series...i had got BS09 to BS12, but end up only BS10 will be my favorite go-to.
    not sure what happen if victor discontinue BS10 soon or later..need to get spare myself.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiish View Post
    Recently I have seen on Victor's (Taiwan) website and some Malaysian webshops models that don't seem to have much discussion, like the Super Waves 310, 320, 3150, are these simply cheaper versions of the 2-digit SW series?
    I tried the SW3150 and it was terrible. Slow, planky, none of the legendary SW punch......I thought it was going to be one of those "60% the price, 95% the performance" deals but it was a complete waste of time.

Your results may vary, of course. I actually think that all-round, the Braveswords are more of a package deal than the the Superwaves. Certainly the BS170/169/168 would be a better value option than the SW3150, that's for sure.

The mid-end Li Nings are better performers for the money IMHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which one in theorically give more power, racket with long shaft or short shaft?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which one in theorically give more power, racket with long shaft or short shaft?
    vote for racket with long shaft as it will create more 'bending' to create additional power..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samsudd_s View Post
    hey jackie, agreed with u that BS10 is really good racket in BS series...i had got BS09 to BS12, but end up only BS10 will be my favorite go-to.
    not sure what happen if victor discontinue BS10 soon or later..need to get spare myself.
    I got a BS09 and BS12 as well. The BS12 plays a little better for me. Really been thinking about trying the BS10 though. What was it that made BS10 your favorite?