User Tag List

Page 42 of 239 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 92 142 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 57.Christ View Post
    why don't u get SW37 instead of MX70? If u get it, u'll have almost a complete range of the newest Victor's line up..

Btw, please give a review for BS12 and MX70 ( if u buy it ) compared to MX80 ya.. i wanna know how's the performance..
    MX70 is for my partner so it wasn't me to decide. I did try persuading him to get SW35 / SW37 though.
    he didn't want it

yea I will let you guys know my thoughts later on, but the MX70 will be a bit subjective since it has different string and tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my POV (taking into account that I'm no pro but just a highish mid-beginner), comparison of MX70 vs SW37, both strung with VS850 @24lbs:

Both were relatively easy to play with overall. Clears and smashes seems to be more accessible with the SW, due to its mid-stuff shaft, as compared to the stiff MX probably. Whereas comparatively, the sweet-spot of the MX feels smaller.

Power-wise seems to be about the same, but then again this might be due to the physical/skill limitations of the user.

Now the interesting thing is that the day after the 2nd session with the MX, which happened to be a 3hr session (sessions normally last 2hrs here) where I played doubles continously w/o rest, I suffered a severe case of whiplash, not dissimilar to being rear-ended in a car. Such that for the next 2 days or so, I couldn't raise/lower/turn my head fully without feeling pain at the base of my neck. Likewise I experienced pain at the base of my right shoulder-blade. Thankfully, the neck pain eased off gradually after 4 days and with the latter pain taking slightly more time.

Not sure if it's my technique being wrong or my conditioning is not up to par. Fyi, I'm 1.75m tall and 76kg dood, with a normal build.

IMHO my 2 cents, HTH... YMMV.

[Do note that I did not try the 2 racquets back-to-back, but on separate sessions as I sold off the MX70 (2 sessions) and got the SW37 (1 session so far) soon after]
    Last edited by axl886; 11-14-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

axl886,

sounds nasty. which weight class is your mx 70 and sw37?

which racket and what tensions & strings were you using before the mx70?
    Last edited by ssgg007; 11-14-2011 at 04:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both of them are 3U2G.

I was (am still) using a VT70 BG66UM @23lbs, but bought that not too long ago... 1 month+ back.

Actually, I think it might boil down to a confluence of factors which led to my experience (extra long session + continous play + muscle atrophy ); on afterthought, maybe I could have stuck with it. But personally I think I'll enjoy playing more with med-stiff racquets for now. Stiff racquets can always come later when I've improved my physique and technique. So there!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. Afaik the MX70 is not stiff - so perhaps it was just the string? The MX70 should be somewhat stiffer than the BS09 and VT70, but not even close to the MX80/SW35...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not the racquet... it's the player!

Not putting down the MX70 in any way, pls dun misunderstand.

Which is why it's so important to do *adequate* research and ideally, test out the racquet before committing, as everybody's limits and preferences differs.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I didn't think you were criticizing the racket, no worries. I just thought the MX70 and SW37 would be roughly the same in terms of stiffness....and believe me, very few have researched and tested more rackets than I have (in a similar time frame, at least)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Yeah, I didn't think you were criticizing the racket, no worries. I just thought the MX70 and SW37 would be roughly the same in terms of stiffness....and believe me, very few have researched and tested more rackets than I have (in a similar time frame, at least)
    I don't think MX70 and SW37 are on the same flex level. I own a SW37 and its quite flexible and I tried out the MX70 and its not as flexible as I thought it would be. Was really disappointed, I wish the MX70 was as flex as bs09 or SW37. I think its just a tad stiffer then the SW37, maybe on par with the arc10 IMO.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've come to a bit of a revelation this week. On Tuesday night at competition, I used my new Kason C7 for most of the night and only changed back to the MX80 for the mixed doubles. What I love about the MX80 is its razor accuracy, speed, and prowess with drives. It also packs a really good punch considering its speed. The downside I realised after playing with the stiffer and heavier Kason, is that the MX transmits everything to your shoulder. You'd think the Kason would be quite tiring, but it just wasn't. It was slower, but I attribute this to the fact that I'm not that strong and the 5mm difference in BP makes a very noticeable difference. I'm going to play again for an entire session with my C7 to see how my shoulder fares without playing with the MX80 at all, so we'll see how that goes.

Does anyone else feel the same way, or am I just soft?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maklike
    are you using the same string and tenison on both your rackets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or maybe you just became a kason man

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really, I still play much better with the MX80. I just really noticed how well damped the C7 is. I have had my MX strung the same as the C7 but now I have it with ZM67, and my spare with BG80P. The C7 is with VS850 @ 24lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm the c7 is stiffer than MX80? wow, this should make you more tired especially with the heavier head.

maybe its not the racket, just the way you play. doubles usually has more smashes and faster exhanges than singles and you're more tired since mixed is after the first session. Did you play singles or Men's D?

so could you do compare review MX80 vs C7 in another thread?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I did a write up in the C7 thread.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm presently playing with a f9, c7 and a mx80 (all 3u versions). imho I would rate the stiffness as mx80>f9>c7

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also heard the C7 is rather close to the N70 - which was medium, bordering on soft. And I'm fairly sure it's not stiffer than the MX80, which is the stiffest racket I own (stiffer than any LN for sure). I guess the softer C7 was easy on your arm, after which the MX was a bit hard as a harder shaft will convey more of the impact shock. Additionally, I also get slight shoulder/back problems at times when I play with lighter/faster rackets because to get a good smash, I really have to put nearly everything behind it. That results in a very quick motion, and stopping that motion gets very tiring and can cause pain in the concerned muscles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just got an sw36. easy racket to play with, clears effortless, decent damping, good defense, decent power. not sure if its all the racket or if its the vs 850 string. will try vs 850 on other rackets to see if i prefer it over bgg66um/bg66/nbg98