Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Hi all BCers,

I've been searching for a thread decicated to Victor in general (you know one that similar to Apacs or Li-Ning fan club) but could not find one. So I thought I should create one to accomodate any discussion or question related to Victor which may not be related a specific thread.

You guys can share your Victor gears here as well as your experience using them. I found that not all Victor rackets have each own dedicated thread, which is fairlly so, and therefore perhaps we can include them all in here. Another thing that I thought would be useful is information regarding where we did we buy our Victor.

I confess, that until recently Im a Yonex and Li-Ning guy. My collection of rackets are mainly YY, and a few of Carlton, Wilson, Li-Ning and Apacs. That has changed since I got a BS10, this racket is so good and question my coriousity to try another Victor racket, and each time I tried another Victor racket it never disappoint me. Also the fact that after reading here of what you guys wrote about Victor makes me even more wanting to explore.

You can say its a catch up job. You know, I should have them in my bag a while a go :rolleyes:. Hence I decided to order a bounch of Victor rackets which have arrived yesterday :D, here's the list:

1 x MX80
    1 x SP22
    1 x SP21
    1 x BS12
    1 x BS11
    2 x BS10 (3U and 4U)
    1 x BS09
    1 x ART-TI99 CLASSIC
    1 x SW37
    1 x SW36
    1 x SW35

Cant wait to try them all :D

I will post their picture tonight.

Apart from racket, ATM I dont have any Victor shoes or clothing, especially the shoes. Im currently using an Asics and Flypower shoes, have you guys tried the Victor 8600? Is it any good?

2. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    I was mainly a Yonex man before, but I must say, since experimenting with Victor for the last few months, I'd say my average experience with Victor has been more positive. In-fact, of the two Victor rackets I've tried, the BS10 and MX80, both have thoroughly impressed me. Some of the finest rackets I've used yet.

What I really like about Victor rackets though, is that they dare to truly innovate. Not just with marketing words and stuff we can't see or feel, but obvious things such as complete frame shapes and the aerodynamic properties itself.

They truly do make brilliant rackets.

Though I have heard that some Victor rackets are not as often commended, such as the SW37 or BS11? The BS10, BS12, MX80, SW35 etc seem to get a lot more positive buzz.

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Yup thats right, the first thing i noticed on my BS10 was the inside wave and the hologram paint. That's cool.

4. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    You sure this kind of post doesn't already exist ? We "victor users" don't need a fans club to convince ourselves that Victor is such a good brand. But I wanna be part of the adventure =)

5. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

No Im not sure, but I did searched it here and could not find one. If there is one, I dont mind this thread to be merged.

Actually I also thought about that. This is by no mean a place to convince people how good Victor is, rather is a place that we can share to each other about Victor brand/products.

As far as I know YY dont have a fans club here, but i guess thats due to the fact that they have been in the mainstream for so long. I would say majority of YY users just use/buy YY simply because its the only brand they know, just like I was before. The same as for example Toyota is so popular that average users buy them but they dont actually care about car, OTOH for example a BMW owner is keen to explore more about their car by a meaning of reading and searching on the forum.

6. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    count me in, pls....:D

just started to use victor rackets recently...named BS10, BS12 & MX80.

7. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

you're in samsudd_s :)

Im sure have seen your post in the BS12 thread but cant remember exactly.

8. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Which one you prefer to play single or doubles?

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am almost all into Victor now. but you guys already know that. ;)

i wear Victor shoes, victor shirts (no shorts / socks though) and then Victor BS10, MX80, SW35 are my regular rackets. my current string is VS-850.

but i am not completely into Victor. i do use other strings like BG66UM, ZM62, and i still use my ARC10.

10. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    I'm actually switching between YY and Victor now.
    Ti 10 3rd gen, BS 09 and Mx 80.
    still using YY strings such as BG 65 Ti, and now trying VS 850 on my Mx 80.
    Got some clothing and footwear such as SH 8000 and 8500, bags etc...
    really really fan since they've worked on their image and their sponsorship with south korea

11. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    i dont think you guys want to leave me out of the fun...
    except only one Victor racquet, BS09.....my shirts and shoe is Victor...

12. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    I wanna be part too! I have switched to Victor and have a BS12 and BS09. Have to say I love both rackets. The 12 has VS850 strings and the 09 Zymax 70.

My clothing is now Victor as well including shirts, shorts and socks. Still loving my asics shoes though although this could change!

Now eagerly awaiting the MX70 as I prefer more flexible rackets!

13. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    i play mostly doubles...and mx-80 4U is my go-to now. :)

for rackets, i start switching fr YY to Victor. Only YY VT80 i can't let go, that's my precious...

and sportswear, still prefer YY all from tip to toe. i got YY headband, shirts, shorts, wristband, socks, shoes, sandal, racket bags and towels :p

maybe, i will collect victor sportwear afterwards....now it is quite difficult to get the size and choices. :(

string-wise, i prefer VS-850 (BS10/BS12/MX80) & BG66UM(VT80) ATM.

#13 samsudd_s, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Hey kwun, you just remind me, there is a new range of Victor shirts/shorts came up. I saw them in the new catalogue. I'll try to get the pic and post it here.

15. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Honestly in terms of look, I also felt Victor shirts are not as good as YY. But the latest range (which i saw in the latest catalogue) is very nice, and so different to the previous range.

I also dont have any Victor shoes, you guys have any suggestion?

16. burger

burger Regular Member

I have been using BS09 (4U) and wearing SHW8000 ACE (with V socks) for nearly 1 year. Added 1 miserable T-shirt a few months ago and just bought BS12 (3U), SH8500 and a bag C3078 (promo @ S$10 only) recently.

From the outside, the only missing item is a pair of shorts and wristband. :crying:

Very impressed by BS12 - better power with the same speed of movement as BS09 :eek:. Not sure how much, if any, the change to 3U made. Both rackets with VS-850 @ 26lbs.

Was tempted by MX80 but my wallet decided otherwise :p

17. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Maybe you should get the shoes too, that will cover you from head to toe :)

18. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The reason some models get the press and some don't, is simply a matter of pack mentality and the way the models are released and promoted.

The focus on rackets on this forum has historically been towards the more extreme models, or the 'top of the line' which tend to be stiff and/or singles orientated. People are emulating and pretending their State or National players when I'd hazard to suggest the vast majority of enthusiasts out there aren't of a skill level over 'Intermediate'.

Of course, after this, you get people who buy a racket based on little more than hype which is completely inapporpriate for them, and rather than post "This racket is crap for my abilities, I wish I hadn't bought it" they stay quiet for feel of being ousted from the 'cool gang'.

This is why you'll never see rackets like the BS12 or SW36 get the same hype and attention as say the SW35 or MX80.

Probably Victors biggest problem is distribution. They became available in Australia for the first time last year, and I've only ever seen three other players with Victor rackets here in North and Western Melbourne, and one of them was the distributor and the other I sold him the racket!

Anyway Yoppy, I can't believe you've ordered 1500 bucks worth of rackets. That's crazy!

19. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    [​IMG]

coming in few hours :D I'm gonna try VS 850 tonight. Can't wait to get red ink to put a red victor logo :D

20. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

Here's quick a question to Victor fans from someone who has never tried them before:

What is the (closest) Victor equivalent of three of my favourite Yonex rackets: the Z Slash, Arcsaber 10, and Nanospeed 9900? I'm into fast head speed, evenly balanced to slightly head heavy, and a stiff frame. I'm not so much looking into actual racket stats such as balance, weight, and shaft length (they can deceive), but rather the Victor racket that you FEEL to be similar in performance after using and comparing both.

Thanks.