User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Struugling to find an alternative to SOTX Woven-8 - Recommendations please

Hi all,

I have been using SOTX Woven-8 for the past 7-8 years. Obviously it has gone out-of-stock as you probably all know and I have been looking but struggling to decide on an alternative. A friend suggested sourcing for opinions from other badminton enthusiasts in this forum so here I am!

In general I'm looking for a 3U head-balance racket that can take high tension (up to 30lb) with no preference of brands. From my limited experience of buying badminton rackets online, the closest option I could find is Victor Thruster K 2000S http://www.victorsport.com/product_detail_14313.html

I would like your comments on the resemblance of Victor Thruster K2000S to my SOTX Woven-8. Any recommendations on any other rackets are also most welcome.

Cheers,
    SJ

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    P/s:
    The detailed specs for SOTX Woven-8 that I could find in another thread are:
    Stiffness= Mid-Flex (8.5-9.0)
    (Lower Value = Higher Stiffness)
    Frame Shape = Isometric
    Frame = Woven HM Carbon
    Shaft = Woven HM Carbon
    Weight = 86 +/- 2g
    Total Length (frame tip handle end) = 670mm (26.0 inches)
    Grip Size = #3 (3.375 inch) (Yonex G4)
    Recommended String Tension = Main 20-29lbs, and Cross 22-31lbs
    Balance Point from Grip End = 285-295mm

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-8-for-sale-98

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Li-Ning N80 fits your preferred specs. It's 3U, medium stiff and has a balance point of 295mm.
    Can't compare it to your go-to racket, because I've never used/tried that one.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob3rt View Post
    Li-Ning N80 fits your preferred specs. It's 3U, medium stiff and has a balance point of 295mm.
    Can't compare it to your go-to racket, because I've never used/tried that one.
    Yeah, the N80 meets those specs, but people have said the N80 feels heavy to hold.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-SWUK View Post
    Yeah, the N80 meets those specs, but people have said the N80 feels heavy to hold.
    Not heavier than any other 3U with this balance point. And it has got an aerodynamic frame, which makes it still pretty fast in defense.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob3rt View Post
    Not heavier than any other 3U with this balance point. And it has got an aerodynamic frame, which makes it still pretty fast in defense.
    I'm glad! I've been tempted by the N80 for a while, but I can't justify it. I'm absolutely in love with my N50 III.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-SWUK View Post
    I'm glad! I've been tempted by the N80 for a while, but I can't justify it. I'm absolutely in love with my N50 III.
    Yeah, I tried my friend's N50 III once, nice feeling racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried the Sotx W8 (many years ago) and from some of the more recent racquets, I would recommend a Lining N50III as replacement too. It's a very fast, medium stiff, balanced racquet. I used to be a big SOTX fan as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ibuysports.com has the Woven 8A for sale so snag a few. Just a different color as far as I know. Bought a few 9's from them which I liked better as more power.

Had a few 8's but more of a defensive racket and a great all rounder. I would buy a Fleet Woven 1000 or see what Panda is working on. No shortage of nice rackets out of there just note a 8 is 270 long so
    most are longer at 285mm so a bit of adjustment.

cheers

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is ibuysports.com still a thing? I thought that was a dead site.

The Woven 8 was a nice racket. I am currently playing with an APACS Slayer 88 which is just about the same (to my hand). But unfortunately those have also gone the way of the dodo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went there added to cart and it did but good point contact them as I think he may be just selling off last of stock then gonzo. Fidget might be time for a racket/lobster exchange to get you something upbeat and current. I was very popular last time with neighbors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contacted ibuysports via email and phone a few times. Never heard back from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsunsun View Post
    I have tried the Sotx W8 (many years ago) and from some of the more recent racquets, I would recommend a Lining N50III as replacement too. It's a very fast, medium stiff, balanced racquet. I used to be a big SOTX fan as well.
    Good to see some other SOTX fans here.

Will definitely give Lining N80 and N50 III a go when I get the chance.