User Tag List

Page 98 of 234 FirstFirst ... 48 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 148 198 ... LastLast
Results 1,650 to 1,666 of 3977
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys,

been trying to choose a Victor BS. I've narrowed down my selection between BS12, BS11, and BS09.
    I'll greatly appreciate your recommendation.

Some additional notes below:

1. Current racket: Arc 7. I find this fast but a bit lacking in the power dept.
    2. Used to have: SW35 - too head heavy, too stiff
    3. have tried Ti-10 - i find this nice and powerful but I want a faster racket without sacrificing any power.
    4. have tried Arc8dx - too stiff for me. Shoulder got stiff in 20 minutes of play.

what I'm looking for:

A racket a bit more stiffer compared to the Arc 7 but not as stiff as Arc10/Ti-10.
    A racket a bit more head heavy compared to the Arc 7 but not as head heavy as SW35.

Thanks a lot.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ironically what you're describing is the old spec BS11, but from what you say the BS09 might be a good start.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the BS11 would be the best for you - the BS12 and 09 are very very similar, with the 12 being the least head heavy of the three. The BS09 is kinda similar to the Arc7, but a bit faster, which may translate into more power if used correctly. I'm not sure about the head heaviness. The BS11 is a tad head heavier and a bit stiffer, and probably the most powerful of the three for most of us. As I've only tested it before I got my BS10, I can't be sure, but I think it should be a bit faster (at least on overhead shots) than the Arc7 while being more head heavy and powerful. Stiffness should be a bit higher than the Arc7.

I find that the aerodynamic profile is most noticeable on overhead shots, where you have a big and fast motion. On defense, it's not nearly as significant, so the BP plays a major part in determining the speed there. The Braveswords are all very quick though, in every department, so you'd probably be best off with the most powerful if that's where the Arc7 is lacking.

Hope that helps

EDIT: Have you considered the BS LYD? I have yet to test it, but the specs seem promising. Should be much more powerful than the Arc7 if your technique is sufficient
    Last edited by j4ckie; 04-03-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought about recommending the BSLYD, but I think it would be too stiff coming off an Arc7.Of course there's always the MX60

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I thought about recommending the BSLYD, but I think it would be too stiff coming off an Arc7.Of course there's always the MX60
    agreed. a bit too stiff for me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the reasons for some of the countries not offering particular goods such as shirts is that Victor China set minimum quantities per order. Perhaps these minimums are considered too high on certain items and therefore a decision is taken not to order.

Another issue here is the regularity in which the players have new kit. Therefore different kits are available for Thomas/Uber Cup, Asian Games etc and this means the turnover for this kit has to be fast.

The other element here is the cost of the shirt. Players clothing tends to cost far more than standard shirts etc. This means fewer sales for retailers as it's tougher to sell a shirt at say 40 than 20.

No doubt there are other issues too but I would guess these play a major part in the decision making process.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BS-LYD is a nice racquet. I have a blast when I play with it. Sadly, the guy I ordered it from sent me a 4U instead of the 3U so there's a bit of a power issue for me. I'd send it back but it's not my main racquet and it may be suitable for my mixed partner.

I don't find it to be that still of a racquet but, that may be due to the fact that I'm too distracted by how fast the thing is to really notice any stiffness issues.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    One of the reasons for some of the countries not offering particular goods such as shirts is that Victor China set minimum quantities per order. Perhaps these minimums are considered too high on certain items and therefore a decision is taken not to order.

Another issue here is the regularity in which the players have new kit. Therefore different kits are available for Thomas/Uber Cup, Asian Games etc and this means the turnover for this kit has to be fast.

The other element here is the cost of the shirt. Players clothing tends to cost far more than standard shirts etc. This means fewer sales for retailers as it's tougher to sell a shirt at say 40 than 20.

No doubt there are other issues too but I would guess these play a major part in the decision making process.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    Badminton shirts are cheaper than t-shirts (28-35 bucks for a sports shirt is ridiculously cheap), so I'd say it's just a matter of the market for them being too small.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    The BS-LYD is a nice racquet. I have a blast when I play with it. Sadly, the guy I ordered it from sent me a 4U instead of the 3U.......
    I'll have it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You got all the shirts already?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

crickey his racket tension sounds about 30lbs?!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I guess the BS11 would be the best for you - the BS12 and 09 are very very similar, with the 12 being the least head heavy of the three. The BS09 is kinda similar to the Arc7, but a bit faster, which may translate into more power if used correctly. I'm not sure about the head heaviness. The BS11 is a tad head heavier and a bit stiffer, and probably the most powerful of the three for most of us. As I've only tested it before I got my BS10, I can't be sure, but I think it should be a bit faster (at least on overhead shots) than the Arc7 while being more head heavy and powerful. Stiffness should be a bit higher than the Arc7.

I find that the aerodynamic profile is most noticeable on overhead shots, where you have a big and fast motion. On defense, it's not nearly as significant, so the BP plays a major part in determining the speed there. The Braveswords are all very quick though, in every department, so you'd probably be best off with the most powerful if that's where the Arc7 is lacking.

Hope that helps

EDIT: Have you considered the BS LYD? I have yet to test it, but the specs seem promising. Should be much more powerful than the Arc7 if your technique is sufficient
    thanks a lot. appreciate the recommendation.
    do you have any idea which is stiffer between BS11 and Arc10/Ti-10?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@bakulaw: IMHO, the Yonex ARC 10 is stiffer than the BS11 maybe since the BS11 is (mild) head heavy whereas ARC 10 is balanced . I have played and favored 3u BS11 for about 1.5 year and tried ARC10 a few times. Hope it helps

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yippo888 View Post
    Correct!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yippo888 View Post
    Depends on what string he uses - if it's a very thin one, that might be right, but if it's the VS850 or thicker it's higher than that. The usual range for players like him (world class MD player) is 31-36. If the number string he breaks lately is any indication, he uses either a very thin string or at least 33lbs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whos driving the car??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never owned a Victor before, but the Spira 22 (http://www.victorracquets.com/PRODUC...2/Default.aspx) extra stiff 4U has caught my attention. That said, I can't find any reviews on it (only a mid-stiff 3U), and it seems to be even harder to find for sale (to Belgium at least; america has it good ). I'm wondering if somebody has some wise words to say

Currently using an extra stiff carlton which I love, but can't buy any more. Since it's got a crack, I need a racket in reserve.