User Tag List

Page 123 of 234 FirstFirst ... 23 73 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 2,075 to 2,091 of 3977
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drakeodude12 View Post
    Hi, I was recently offered a partial sponsorship with Victor and i'm still deciding whether to take the deal or not. I was wondering if anybody has used any of the competitive series racquets, and what they are like. Right know i'm using an old-ish Black Knight SL Photon PCV. Do any of these racquets compare?

Here is what I have to choose from

Artery Tec 9600

Artery Tec Ti95 Control

Brave Sword 1200

Challenger 7150

Challenger 9100

Meteor X 3000

they offered 2 racquets and other accessories in a package for 250 + Shipping and Taxes. Not sure if I should go for it or not.
    Doesn't seem like a good price for me, you can normally get 2 high end rackets for that price....if there's not a whole lot of accessories it seems like a borderline bad deal. 250 what, btw?
    And did they tell you how partial the sponsorship is? 20%? 30%?

Can't help with the rackets, I have no experience with them at all.....sorry!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drakeodude12 View Post
    Hi, I was recently offered a partial sponsorship with Victor and i'm still deciding whether to take the deal or not. I was wondering if anybody has used any of the competitive series racquets, and what they are like. Right know i'm using an old-ish Black Knight SL Photon PCV. Do any of these racquets compare?

Here is what I have to choose from

Artery Tec 9600

Artery Tec Ti95 Control

Brave Sword 1200

Challenger 7150

Challenger 9100

Meteor X 3000

they offered 2 racquets and other accessories in a package for 250 + Shipping and Taxes. Not sure if I should go for it or not.
    As other have said, none of them are high end. Plus squash_eric will give you a better price if you contact him (you can find his email by his rkep ebay store). As an example, even Fradette Sport here in Quebec City have better pricing on Victor rackets, I mean they are selling their MX-JJS at $150. Since Superwaves 35 is being phased out, you can find them at a nice price in many stores online or even in store.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does your sponsorship include, drakeodude12?
    I thought the main point in getting a sponsor is to get equipment for free or at least with huge discount.
    Maybe he's trying to fool you, because you're new to badminton equipment stuff?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not take the deal if I were you Drakeodude12. Sounds like a scam.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Victor distributors around the world is heading to their yearly purchasing conference. expect to see some new Victor models leaking out in the next couple of weeks. the new models doesn't look that exciting.

now that Victor has completely dropped Superwave, I believe their main focus is to expand the TK line. That's how they did it the last time. release MX80 in the Winter, and then in spring they release a bunch more models.

there will also be the rumor BS12L i am sure, which will be heavily used by the Indonesian team.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

rumor is that the JJS will be dropped as well. which is kinda a shame coz it is one of the best Victor I have tried. hopefully they will re-release the racket in a different form.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would indeed be bad news - haven't had a chance to try it yet! Although it's the only Meteor racket still shown on the Victor International website (which is Victor Europe, basically)....having had an absolute blast of a time with the Mx80 lately Victor taking it out of their program wouldn't actually bad news for me though (usually that's followed by a very steep price drop here)
    Honestly I can't imagine they'll take any Mx rackets out of their program yet, even though JJS retired there are quite a few players out there using it (most prominently, KKJ)...and afaik they have no similar racket to which JJS users could change.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand their business strategy. Why drop some models that need time to become classics. It suggests to me that their 'technologies' are just gimmicks, every year they bring out new names and minor squeaks and claim that it is the next big thing to make players buy more and more. Take a look at the Yonex threads, people are still collecting rackets that have been around for 10 years. How many people collect Victor?

Maybe Squash_Eric is right, there is no point getting all those new model as the racket technologies have matured, other than head shape, it is difficult to improve one performance aspect without compromising other aspects. Other than the Adidas switchpro, I don't think that I have seen a true innovation for years.

Thank you very much, I am not buying the new Victor rackets, whatever they produce. I am sticking with MX70 and RKEP9000s for the next five years and will spend my money on proper shoes and shuttles.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@soulless

You're still using RKEP9K?!
    You should really try the switch over to RKEP XP70... with MX/BS hybrid frame, it's much faster and more powerful!
    I did and love it!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

in terms of technology, i guess that applies to Yonex also. what has Yonex brought to the table that is any more advanced than Victor?

manufacturers need to come up with fresh new models to attract buyers. i am not sure how many brands actually keep old models just because they believe they are already "perfect" in the sense that they don't need to upgrade them.

Victor and Yonex also do a lot of refreshes, like new paintjob (BS12, ARC12, AT700), to keep buyers interests. Yonex do limited models by repainting existing rackets, at least the limited Victors are new specs.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ How about Sonic Metal, X Fullerene, and Nanopreme?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

they might be keeping the sw37 due to some new sponsored Indonesian players are using it.

but they are all head heavy offensive rackets, so i would not be surprised if they would migrate the SW37 to TK?000 soon.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO Victor butch their own business. Their releases are not well timed. Victor is quite too fast for customers. They don't give any racket the time, to be advertised and settle in the market. They release rackets every year and discontinue others. They create to fast new lines and discontinue others. The second thing is that the have too many racket IMO. Too many close and mid end rackets. Additional the different products of Victor International and Victor Taiwan are not a smart thing marketing wise. Also remember the 4/5, 4/5 rackets flooding the market in asia last year or the year before? I'm not sure. They have the ability to develop superb stuff, have well designed apparel and clothing, but every year the same. A new Victor racket comes, which should be so groundbreaking and stay at best just a few years. This is not cogent.
    JJS is nearly retired a year ago and the MXJJS will be available in April 2013 in Europe. What the heck?

I personally think I will stock up this year my loved SW35, MX80 and BS10 and don't buy another racket until I break one line completely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    @soulless

You're still using RKEP9K?!
    You should really try the switch over to RKEP XP70... with MX/BS hybrid frame, it's much faster and more powerful!
    I did and love it!
    I have a XP70 as well, but the string snapped very early and I haven't gotten around to restringing it. I do not string my own racket and cannot justify not using my fresh strung Pro9000s. I will play with them until the strings are no longer doing the job.

I agree that the XP line is better than Pro9000 but the difference is not very large.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    in terms of technology, i guess that applies to Yonex also. what has Yonex brought to the table that is any more advanced than Victor?

manufacturers need to come up with fresh new models to attract buyers. i am not sure how many brands actually keep old models just because they believe they are already "perfect" in the sense that they don't need to upgrade them.

Victor and Yonex also do a lot of refreshes, like new paintjob (BS12, ARC12, AT700), to keep buyers interests. Yonex do limited models by repainting existing rackets, at least the limited Victors are new specs.
    At least Yonex do a better job marketing. IMO, Victor is attracted by short term cash grab opportunity is doing so at the expense of its brand. It has so many models with similar specs and it is very difficult to choose. There are ample research showing too many options without clear differences can reduce buyer satisfaction.

I am actually fine with refreshes, at least I know that I am buying a different look of the same racket that I enjoy. As long as the paint jobs are nice I suppose. I have a problem with advertising new specs as they are re-inventing the business but turn out to be quite ordinary.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex is no different on that matter. In the past two years the AT and Nanospeed disappeared, quite a lot, and a bunch of weird racquets were lunched, like the i slash or flashboost or else. But Yonex line of product is more easy to follow because its logic is quite simple : head light, balanced and head heavy racquets.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look like I have to get my MXJJS before it gone in the market.