User Tag List

Page 129 of 251 FirstFirst ... 29 79 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 179 229 ... LastLast
Results 2,177 to 2,193 of 4263
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tks Elisha
    Appreciate ur advice 8-D

Other Victor fans...
    Any experience n thoughts to share?

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

depends on your swing speed, if fast and forceful, then bs12 head will feel like its lagging behind due to its medium stiff flex

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. Fast swinging is the only way to get power out of the Bs12!
    You'll just need to time it correctly, which is weird coming from a stiff racket (had that problem after using my Mx80 for a while) but should go away. The Bs12 is light and aerodynamic enough that you shouldn't get the 'laggy' feeling after adapting.
    You seem to prefer softer rackets anyway, if the Vt70 was most powerful for you...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tks visor n j4ckie for ur advc
    Greatly appreciated 8-D

To b honest, am just recovered frm wrist injury (not frm badminton). So when I went back to court, I got myself ArcS11 n played fine. But after three or four games, I just couldnt clear back to back n fumbled my smashes. Finally, I turn to Vt70 n eventually MX-JJS. They worked pretty well for me, especially the Victor racket 8-D

Understanding from j4ckie, it seems to me that I shouldn't switch racket often, especially from fast racket like BS12 to head heavy ones (MX-JJS, Vt70), as that would affect my adaptability to one particular racket n my overall gameplay. On top of which, I also have to consider my wrist injury 8-(

So I would like to know if BS12 or even BS-LYD will serve me better than Vt70 n MX-JJS? And will switching rackets often aggravate my wrist injury?

Tks

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can't possibly know which racket will serve you best - that depends on a whole lot of things.
    Switching rackets itself is not gonna aggravate your wrist injury, but the fact you might not be 100% comfortable with one can. A different racket will swing differently, and if you're unlucky, you might try to adapt mid-swing and that can be rather dangerous with wrist injuries. I have a underlying problem with my wrist, which is normally not bothering me. If I do one particular things though, it'll be back full force. Sadly I won't be able to fully cure it as that would entail a complete break from badminton and anything else stressing the wrist for at least a month, more likely two.....time I can under no circumstances take off from training

Anyhow, try to make a choice and stay with roughly similar rackets (i.e. only head heavy rackets, only balanced, only quick...). You won't have to completely part from your other rackets, but should only play with them sparingly, and then for a complete session as well. It's crazy how much influence just warming up with a racket has - I can switch between my Bs09 and something heavier (like Oliver T50P/Mx80) without difficulty as long as I warm up with the racket I want to use for the entire session. Switching mid-session is much more difficult and I only do it if I haven't started with my go-to (Bs09) but want to go back to it.

About the rackets - you should have a coach or really good player help you with that (or take video and post it on the forum). You'll need to analyze your swing, your strengths, your weaknesses, and find a racket that suits your swing and strengths best. Optimally, it shouldn't weaken your own weaknesses even further, but that's often not possible.
    Example: if you have a decent, but not very explosive swing and a good smash, the medium and head heavy VT70 would be your best bet. It's rather weak defensively, so if that's one of your weaknesses, you would need to work on that extra hard, while not losing your edge concerning smashing, or find a tactical way around that weakness.
    Last edited by j4ckie; 04-23-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@TeddyC : The thing is you are getting better smashes from a medium (shaft stiffness) and head heavy. So the BS12 might not suit that aspect of your game (even balanced). It is a good racket but you'll need time to adapt or you'll end up selling it (like I did).

If you liked the JJS, there's the MX-60 that is medium in shaft stiffness and will be a little more balanced towards the head but not as much as the VT70.

Or you could try to find a 4U VT70 (I think you didn't said if yours was 3U or 4U).

I hope this helps

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tks j4ckie n Mendell
    Appreciate ur words of wisdom 8-D

J4ckie hope ur wrist gets well n, yes, u do nd to take time off to heal like I did...lol

Mendell, the MX-60 looks like a bumblebee 8-D It has no appeal to me...mind me, am particular bout the aesthetic looks of my rackets 8-)

Am using 3u Vt70. Depending on what u got at the store, I personally dont think there's a significant weight gap between 3u n 4u to affect a person's gameplay, correct me if I am wrong. The reason being the heaviest of 4u would b close to the lightest of 3u n u wont really know its weight until u bought the racket.

Anyway, I think I will stick to MX-JJS n Vt70 for a while...will give myself some time to discover which one is right for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TeddyC, you are right. Usually if a racket is designed to be made in 3U, the variations in weight coming out of production will determine if it is indeed a 3U or if it is slightly lighter, around let's say 84g it'll end up in 4U. But you have to consider the other extreme as you could have a heavy 3U. You can't know for sure until you weight it.

I know the MX-60 doesn't look really good (called it my pee colored racket just last week) but the specs are around what you are looking for. Also, you could try the BS12 and if you want more head weight, just add some athletic tape at the top of the racket. You can also train and develop your play around a stiffer racket like the JJS and it will serve you really well, because it is a great racket!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tks for the advice, Mendell.
    Out of the three options u suggested, the third one is the best 8-)
    For now, I just nd time to adapt...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you see jackie that SOSA shop in Taiwan is selling KRP versions of your beloved BS09 -

http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auct...?u=Y1727220344

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah....if I'm right and the price is in RMB, it comes to a whopping 460€. I think with me moving soon I rather want to buy a bed than a racket, I'll probably be happier that way....at least in the long run

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reading elsewhere I think that price is taiwan dollar. 1$ ~ 0.2 rmb. => 3700$ -> 95€

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That wouldn't be too bad, actually, only 5€ above the local price (excl. shipping, of course)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah man, it's Taiwanese Dollars.

I'm hanging for a new toy. I'm probably most interested in the new Adidas AdiZero Pro, but the local shop has both AU coded BS09s and BS11's, so I'm tempted to get one of those before they go the way of the dinosaur. I should go in and measure their BP, see how they stack up to the other coded versions.

Anyway, out of curiosity I've sent SOSA an email, see if they can mail internationally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you see these two Voltrics rackets?:
    http://www.rakety.sk/produkt/450/yonex-voltric-3-tour
    http://www.rakety.sk/produkt/451/yonex-voltric-5-tour

What do you think about it?

Thx

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're in the wrong thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems like kim sarang is using a new meteor x
    Name:  mx.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  60.7 KB
    Last edited by ah tat; 04-25-2013 at 07:30 AM.