User Tag List

Page 173 of 234 FirstFirst ... 73 123 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 223 ... LastLast
Results 2,925 to 2,941 of 3965
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anybody confirm the rumour that the BS12N is slightly different from the blue BS12? I read somewhere that BS12N is closer to KRP version, but I hardly believe it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can somebody explain the fuss over the krp version of the bs12? Would it not be incredibly similar to the bs lyd? It's just a stiffer and heavier version isn't it?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    Can somebody explain the fuss over the krp version of the bs12? Would it not be incredibly similar to the bs lyd? It's just a stiffer and heavier version isn't it?
    No 2 Victor rackets with the same specs play the same.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's nothing wrong with using a BS12 for singles and doubles if it works for you. However if you want to stick to the BS series but want essentially a head heavier one, then both the LYD, BS10 and BS11 are hovering around 300mm so they'd be worth a look.

Paul Stewart rated the LHI highly so that would be worth a look too. It's probably the BS I'm most interested in at the moment but I haven't had a chance to have a hit with it yet.

As for the Meteors? I was a fan, and played with the MX80 for an entire year, but after having one hit with the JJS I've largely written them off. Sure, they're stable, but they feel awful - except for the JJS. But the JJS is what I call a real 'pro spec' racket and is a real handful unless you're strong and well drilled (which I'm not) but it feels amazing. If Victor could replicate that feel through the other Meteors (or future Meteors) it would be great.

Of the rackets I have actually tried, If you just want something like the BS12 but head heavier, I'd try an Asian spec BS10. Something less stiff? The BS11.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My JJS play great but I was lacking a little bit of power with it being 4U and a low head weight so I added some weight to the head and the strings broke within 5 minutes!
    Have yet to get it re-strung....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I patiently waiting for MX 90 and Jetspeed to arrive in Singapore. Would be buying them soon !

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    KRP version will be 2U

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is true that there is no specific or absolute separation factors between rackets for singles and rackets for doubles but there are some aspects that could be considered in general, IMHO...
    Normally and generally, when we play singles, the pace is slower than doubles and the flow of strokes is longer as well.
    For example, in singles, we have more chances to do "full stroke" shots so that we can opt for head heavier rackets to have more "solid punch" in attacking shots. OTOH, in doubles, we need to react and respond more swiftly to counter fast flat drives exchange or dozens of smashes which I believe will be very uncomfortable to be executed with head heavy rackets. Although some players don't have this issue... please read this carefully and be "general" in mind.
    An "instant and safe suggestion" will tell you to pick those head heavier with more solid frame, such as Thruster and SuperWaves series for singles, and BraveSword series for doubles. MeteorX series are somewhere in between that you can use for both singles and doubles on any day.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Fans: According to Victor Webpage, Victor JJS is no longer in it , no more production. Latest Top range model is MX90 ... I still waiting for it to arrive Singapore !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have the MX90 yet or has tried it and willing to offer a review? :-)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now waiting for Paul to give review...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a very nice racket. Took me a few hours to get used to coming from the JJS. My intial feel is that The stiffness is similar if not slightly higher than a BS 10 but flexes more due to a heavier head.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the balance point / head weight of the MX90? What did you think of the feel?
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 11-27-2013 at 05:05 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MX 90
    Stiffness: S○●○○○F
    Balance: HH○●○○○HL
    Length: 675 mm
    Weight / Grip Size: 3U / G5, 4
    4U / G5
    String tension LBS: H ≦ 30 lbs, V ≦ 28 lbs
    H ≦ 28 lbs, V ≦ 26 lbs
    Frame Material: Hybrid Composite + Carbon XT + Nano Resin
    Shaft Material: Ultra High Modulus Graphite+Nano Resin+7.0 SHAFT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    Can anybody confirm the rumour that the BS12N is slightly different from the blue BS12? I read somewhere that BS12N is closer to KRP version, but I hardly believe it.
    I have and use both.

No real differences. You can say they're pretty much the same except the paint.

Of course people say there're differences, but in the end it's hardly noticeable.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    What's the balance point / head weight of the MX90? What did you think of the feel?
    Sorry I can't give you head weight mate. I do believe it to be a great way to measure how head heavy a racket is but I'm too lazy to buy a digital scale tbh

But I can give you my wet BP which is 288mm with a G08 minimal overlap up to half the cone over a G01 and strung with VS-850. I didn't get the dry BP or weight but I estimate the dry weight to be around 86g which is what I like in my Meteors. I like my Brave Swords around 88-89 to compensate for the power loss I personally feel due to the less beefy frame :3

Feel wise I honestly think it's a nice alternative to the MX 80 if you need something softer to save the shoulder or/and elbow but at the same time I think I don't like it..It feels stable yet kinda numb? I have no problem with accuracy and placement so far but it does flex differently from what I'm used to coming from an MX80 and JJS so I do get poor angles cos I'm not adapted to the racket. Also it feels slow compared to my JJS (but on a side note my JJS copy is one of those manufacturing variants that has a lighter head then it should..wet BP is like 285 ._.'' but same grip style and string.) I honestly think I will give it up..But my session tomorrow will be the deciding factor. Gonna play it side by side with my JJS to get a better comparison for my thoughts on it.

Also I know it seems a bit pretentious to compare it to the BS line but having been a long time BS 09 and then 12 user (Which have been my go to rackets whenever everything doesn't work) I seriously felt a pure speed difference when swinging my BS 12KRP which is definitely closer to the heavy end of 3U and this was after I had played with the MX 90 for a few hours then switched back for a the last couple of matches. It felt slow..not as though the head was lagging behind but it was just..slower..My experience with both the JJS and 80 didn't result in such an obvious difference in swing speed.

My final thoughts after having used it for about 11hrs over 2 sessions. Maybe it's just me being over sensitive but when I placed my JJS and 90 side by side and ran my fingers around the entire frame I felt that the JJS had more distinctive sharper angles in the frame shape compared to the 90.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any kind hearted Victor fans can share or any review of BS 12L ? Thanks